Model goes crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i tried to update metal knuckles from 2.0 into 2.1. Using XWE i changed his ability to glide and climb and his pref color. When i loaded game model of knux started going crazy changing from star post into 1 UP box and again into knux. Although climbing, full speed, gliding model worked fine. The walking and idle model would make knux change into these things. Anyway to fix it ?

So i tried to update metal knuckles from 2.0 into 2.1. Using XWE i changed his ability to glide and climb and his pref color. When i loaded game model of knux started going crazy changing from star post into 1 UP box and again into knux. Although climbing, full speed, gliding model worked fine. The walking and idle model would make knux change into these things. Anyway to fix it ?

The thing about XWE, is that by default it renames lumps (I think that's what they're called) to be all uppercase. This is a problem because there are many lumps(?) that use the same spelling, but simply a change in casing, ie. PLAYA1, and PLAYa1. What I recommend you do is open your file in XWE, and check the bottom of your character wad and change the lump names to what they should be called.

(But really, use SLADE 3. Much more better than XWE.)

The thing about XWE, is that by default it renames lumps (I think that's what they're called) to be all uppercase. This is a problem because there are many lumps(?) that use the same spelling, but simply a change in casing, ie. PLAYA1, and PLAYa1. What I recommend you do is open your file in XWE, and check the bottom of your character wad and change the lump names to what they should be called.

I'll try. Newest version of SLADE 3 doesn't support Windows XP tho.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

That did the trick. Although there's problem since his sign post uses 1 UP box texture and his spin dash doesn't have glow like other characters.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found more issues like missing life text and things. I'm not up for this it's job for professional not newbie like me.

Last edited:
Not quite sure what to do about the spindash problem, it could be that the wad you were converting had a SOC that affected the spin trail and won't work now due to the changes in 2.1. However, for the 1 up and signpost troubles, simply rename the sprites that match with their proper frames.

Not quite sure what to do about the spindash problem, it could be that the wad you were converting had a SOC that affected the spin trail and won't work now due to the changes in 2.1. However, for the 1 up and signpost troubles, simply rename the sprites that match with their proper frames.

Still it doesn't fixes the life bar that suddenly vanished. But still thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back