A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

Locked User
I just have a few questions on colormaps:

1. How do I get a colormap to affect F_SKY1? For example say I wanted to have the sky look green or purple.

2. What is generally a good transparency level for colomaps in SP/Circuit levels that won't affect gameplay too much?

3. I know the wiki has info on this and there is one or two threads that answer this, but how do I get colormaps to appear in a water FOF? I always end up with no colomap appearing or a colormap above the water FOF.

1. The only way I could think of to do it would be to put a colormap-affected sector around an entire level. That way, if you were looking at the sky, you'd be looking through the colormap sector, and it would distort the image of the sky depending on the color of the colormap.

2. Probably around L, M, or N. It creates a noticable color distortion, but still makes it easy to see while playing. That transparency level is used by maps such as Sunset Pass Zone 1 from Chaos Domain, which uses an orange M colormap to mimic a sunset.

3. You have to make sure that the colormap is affecting the water block's control sector. For example, if you want a water block to occupy a sector with tag 1, you make the sector tag of the water block linedef 1, but then you create another sector with a colormap linedef that has a liedef tag of 2. Then you take the control sector of the water block and give it tag 2 as well. That way you have a colormap that affects a water block, which in turn affects the sector.

1. The only way I could think of to do it would be to put a colormap-affected sector around an entire level. That way, if you were looking at the sky, you'd be looking through the colormap sector, and it would distort the image of the sky depending on the color of the colormap.
This does not work. The sky will display as it properly is. Now, what you COULD do is create a transparent FOF way in the sky that has a straight colored texture for such an effect, but this wouldn't look particularly good, either.

The proper way to do it is to simply edit the sky graphic itself.

I agree with that, editing the image itself in the WAD is probably the best thing to do.

Ah, I see okay, thanks. I guess that means I can't use a colormap for my circuit OLDC level. Also thanks for the water colormap info, it's helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back