Jeck Jims' Highpoly MD2s

It was probably never given proper texture coordinates or something.
It was given proper texture co-ordinates. For the other shields, that is. No specific texture is used, it just uses the image of the sprite itself. For compatibility with the shields' animations. Which seems to behave differently with the Pity shield than the other shields.

2/24/16 Updates
New Shadow model completely remade, as well as a Chuckleing Knuckles waiting animation (finally.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

4/21/16 Mighty! Updated look since 2.0. Based on MR sprite.
attachment.php

New Update Process
Rather then starve you guys forever waiting for large releases, Imma do so smaller releases here and there, in the downloads you'll find a download for just Mighty, you will also find him in the main download. As I release new content, the last update will be found only in the main download, with the new stuff having it's own download for convenience. (for example, my next release will prob be updated blaze and silver, so there will be a new "blaze/silver.rar" but no longer be a "mighty.rar."

These look pretty amazing. Consider making low-poly versions so there's less framerate issues, though. I mean... the levels themselves are low-poly. As an example, the animal capsules are octagons.

Pics!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
5/3/16 Update! Silver, just like with shadow, completely redone from the ground up. I was pleasantly surprised with how well I was able to adapt Lat's Silver effects onto md2, but it actually worked out outstandingly! Pictures really don't do it justice, I will try to get a video up soon, (or you could just download and us him :3) Also, super silver, thats a thing too. Silver requires quiet a bit of files to work properly, so make sure you enter all the new entries in your md2.dat!

Last edited:
These look pretty amazing. Consider making low-poly versions so there's less framerate issues, though. I mean... the levels themselves are low-poly. As an example, the animal capsules are octagons.
The animal capsule isn't a 3D model, it's literally a bunch of sectors and floors moving up from under the ground.

Uh. In 2.1.15 OpenGL WIN, SIGN.md2, TAILS.md2 and TAILSCD.md2 aren't loading on my end :/

Few days later...

Never mind, I just had to re-download the md2.dat (I turned off so many that it confused it somehow LOL) [ I think it was an order error ]

Last edited:
Are there any plans on making MD2's for non sonic characters? For example, Goombas, Koopa Shells, and the multitude of Custom Characters that fall in that category.

Might work out, but at the same time, I don't want to be pushy.

At this point in time, my main goal for srb2 is to get the remaining badniks made. As for custom characters, I really just don't have much motivation for random fan characters. Unless a character wad is super unique or a major sonic franchise character I wouldn't expect it from me, unless I get bored, or the creators of those wads themselves approach me. I've gotten involved in other projects for things not srb2, so not all of my free time is here anymore.

To be fair, I was talking along the lines of Kirby, Sylveon, and potential plumbers.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck on your other ventures.

I was kinda hoping that some more obscure Sonic series characters would come into play, like Jet, Wave, Eggman on foot, Charmy, Vector, Rouge, Omega and Big the Cat, to be very fair, they are obscure for SRB2's because no one has made any official characters with them on the MB for 2.1 (minus Jet) and are only in one mod. Oh wait I forgot to apolagize for bumping omg mystic is gonna kill me...

I keep getting this error with Silver:
8VkCtkX.png

Also, i did use the srb2 launcher with this settings:
5o12bPo.png

EDIT: Problem solved.

Last edited:
Something up with shadow's running animation as MD2, when he running with the new MD2, he running as the original shadow sprites, and when he stop running or when he do different action, the MD2 sprites are back.

Did you include all of shadow's different states? There is a state for his running animation completely separate from the official frame set.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back