The Worst Game Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic 2K6 by-and-large isn't playable, though. It has so many glitches and poor design decisions that get in the way - almost all of which are on display for anyone who takes the day out of their lives to watch Pokecapn's excellent LP on the subject - to utterly destroy whatever semblance of good gameplay could've been on display.

I hate people who think sonic 06 is the worst game of all time. If the game is considerably playable, then it is not the worst game of all time. Worst sonic game of all time? Most likely Yes. But I still want to own it for some reason.

Worst game of all time? Maybe not. Worst Sonic game? Yes.

The story is extremely convoluted, the engine itself is absolutely terrible, and the gameplay isn't much better. The level design is also garbage. I've dealt with it myself, I should know.

Back on topic, I'd have to say that the worst game of all time (that I've played) is Sonic 4.

• The engine is godawful, with physics errors all around (oh shit let go of a direction midair guess i got to come to a dead stop and fall to my death).
  • The bosses, as already known, are ripped from other games with some minor tweaks.
  • The level design is terrible or stupidly generous (hi road of cards).
  • The music, with the exception of some songs, is terrible.

yes i know that i'm contradicting myself when i've played both sonic 4 and 2k6, yet saying that 2k6 is the worst but sonic 4 being my personal worst. unlike 2k6, though, sonic 4 isn't so broken that it's funny

Last edited:
I'm still trying to convince myself that Sonic 4 never happened, and that Sega will make a REAL Sonic 4 that's non-episodic with completely new concepts everywhere, better music rather than the terrible low quality genesis samples that hardly represent the old games and just sound like repetitive meow mix noise, Sonic Generations graphics, the trio again and a new character to the roster (each old game added one character every time. Sonic 4 took a huge step back with this), 2 Player (or more) support, accurate genesis physics (or something that isn't utter shit), better level design, more zones, classic character designs, etc.

I can only dream.

• The engine is godawful, with physics errors all around (oh shit let go of a direction midair guess i got to come to a dead stop and fall to my death).
  • The bosses, as already known, are ripped from other games with some minor tweaks.

Wow, why don't you hate on Generations then, which does the same things, except worse?

Also, when it comes to lives, being generous with them is far better than being restrictive with them.

犬夜叉;721560 said:
Wow, why don't you hate on Generations then, which does the same things, except worse?

With the exception of the Death Egg Robot (And perhaps Metal), the other bosses play differently than their original counterparts (Not sure about Shadow).

Also, I've had much less trouble with Generations's physics than I have with Sonic 4's. It's more or less a matter if you're trying to break the game, not that Generations doesn't have its own problems. Regardless I find it to be generally more well-done than Sonic 4.

i love how whenever i bring up my dislike for sonic 4 and like for generations, inu comes in and tries making generations look worse than sonic 4

Sonic 06 holds a special place in my heart for the music, story, and level design. Well, the story MAY be a little too complicated, but I can somewhat handle it.

Anyway, I'm sorry about the whole "Sonic Colors" thing. I clearly see that a lot of people love it, so I won't force my opinion on them.

Worst game of all time? Maybe not. Worst Sonic game? Yes.

The story is extremely convoluted, the engine itself is absolutely terrible, and the gameplay isn't much better. The level design is also garbage. I've dealt with it myself, I should know.

Back on topic, I'd have to say that the worst game of all time (that I've played) is Sonic 4.

• The level design is terrible or stupidly generous (hi road of cards).
  • The music, with the exception of some songs, is terrible.

yes i know that i'm contradicting myself when i've played both sonic 4 and 2k6, yet saying that 2k6 is the worst but sonic 4 being my personal worst. unlike 2k6, though, sonic 4 isn't so broken that it's funny

Probably the reason why I want '06. That and the awesome soundtrack. Wave Ocean in particular. The only way I would get Sonic 4 would be either a Wii WAD, or a iPod Touch through Jail breaking. All in all, sad to see that the game failed, even though we all had high expectations of it.

{insert list here}

Clearly you didn't have my childhood. I spent quite a bit of time playing games made in Klik (mainly stuff off of The Daily Click and similar sites). Sonic 4 is absolutely small-time compared to those on all the bullet points you mentioned.

Clearly you didn't have my childhood. I spent quite a bit of time playing games made in Klik (mainly stuff off of The Daily Click and similar sites). Sonic 4 is absolutely small-time compared to those on all the bullet points you mentioned.

On the other hand, how much did you pay for them? :P

Well since this was brought back to life.

I do say that ET game was the worst game ever. I hated it so much. ._.

But then again there was another game that got under my skin.

The game was called SuperMan 64. Worst N64 game out on the market. Try playing the very first level and tell me if you can get past it on your 5th try.

The game was so mess up and broken. Hell I can't even get past the 2nd level. That's how much I hate that game...

I didn't got as much horrible games as a lot of you have, mostly because I've been blessed by video games since young and now look up to see if a game's worth the money I wasted or not, but I have this helicopter simulator game that came along with my PS2 and I must say, it wasn't that great.

You're piloting a helicopter in third person, trying to find buildings that are burning down, extinguishing them and bringing maximum 3 survivors each into a landing area.
Sounds easy enough, right? Not really. The controls weren't good and sometimes I was confused as to where to go. Took me a few tries to extinguish ONE building and saving its inhabitants. Also I was on a sort of a time limit.

And then there was this sort of alternate game where I had to chase down cars and point them out with a light. Between buildings and tight roads. With really bad controls no less.

Thankfully I later got Sonic Heroes, which then made a light into the big VG series and good games' way.

I hate people who think sonic 06 is the worst game of all time. If the game is considerably playable, then it is not the worst game of all time. Worst sonic game of all time? Most likely Yes. But I still want to own it for some reason.

My best friend Spongecar borrowed my copy

I've never gotten it back
Good riddance

Oh and I have another game that could qualify for worst game ever

Crash Boom Bang!
The gameplay was terrible, the minigames were too hard, the character models (while somewhat awesome) sucked and it was just overall a really bad Mario Party rip off. I'm surprised nobody in this thread has brought it up already.

The gameplay was terrible, the minigames were too hard, the character models (while somewhat awesome) sucked and it was just overall a really bad Mario Party rip off. I'm surprised nobody in this thread has brought it up already.

Probably because we've never heard of it, or know of it's existence? :p

Nova the Sea god said:
From what I've seen, Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde for NES is a pretty horrible game. You only have ONE attack and no matter HOW close or how many times you try it it does absolutely nothing. So then you just lose all your life and become Mr. Hyde. Then you just walk and after awhile you just DIE.

Actually I want to share something about this particular game (Thanks to Angry Video Game Nerd)

In regards to both characters (Jekyll and Hyde) it seems to take on two types of game play: one more passive and the other more action orientated. As Jekyll, you don't have any real means to defend yourself against a few of the towns folk or animals who attack him, except with the cane that you hold (which actually JUST kills bees) but in this case, this character is the non-aggressive and your only objective is to resist being your darker self as you travel in an infinite loop. Now once you take enough damage, you convert to Hyde, the environment changes and reverses from your current position. This time you have the ability to fight against enemies and the gameplay becomes more interesting now that you do. . .however there is that whole thing with " turn to Hyde, you automatically die" thing. How they did this was kinda clever. . .see the distance you cover with Jekyll and died from that area is how long you PLAY as Hyde. In other words, if you covered about say. . .an hour of distance without converting to Hyde, that's how long you stay alive until you reach the end when you do convert. Of course most people wouldn't have that kind of patience to get that far but most people (like Angry Video Game Nerd) are.

How they made it was clever on paper, but it didn't work out so well when they implemented it a crappy way. Just think of it as one of those games that you can NEVER win no matter who you are.

Last edited:
I've played Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and it's definitely not the worst game ever. It may be extremly boring (you basicly have to hold one button for few minutes to win), but there are still worse games (Plumbers don't wear ties was horrible experience)

I'd have to say either The Town With no Name, or The Call of Duty Franchise.
The town wtih no name seems like a game someone made hwn they were completely bored out of their mind and the graphics were just a bunch of random polygons.

The Call of Duty games were ok at first, but now they are basiclly the same thing over and over, the only reason the franchise still exists is because the children of this generation have no idea what a real game is. Some gameplay elements are just terrbile, like a tomahawk or a knife poking your foot instanly kills you, but Falling off an building and having 2 rounds from an SMG into your back doesn't. Then the campaign modes are genrally ignored and they mostly wing it so they have a reason to make a new game.

I've played Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and it's definitely not the worst game ever. It may be extremly boring (you basicly have to hold one button for few minutes to win), but there are still worse games (Plumbers don't wear ties was horrible experience)
Have you actually played these? Or are you just formulating your opinion from Angry Video Game Nerd videos?

The Call of Duty games were ok at first, but now they are basiclly the same thing over and over, the only reason the franchise still exists is because the children of this generation have no idea what a real game is. Some gameplay elements are just terrbile, like a tomahawk or a knife poking your foot instanly kills you, but Falling off an building and having 2 rounds from an SMG into your back doesn't. Then the campaign modes are genrally ignored and they mostly wing it so they have a reason to make a new game.
FUCKING THIS

I wonder if anybody else here has heard of the worst PS1 game ever, Bubsy 3D. Do I even need to mention the horrible graphics and gameplay that go along with some of the worst voice acting ever? At least you can turn the voices off.

Last edited:
It could be worse, the voice acting could sound like this. I've never seen any gameplay of this, but I'm guessing there's a high chance it would belong in this thread.

People always complain about voice acting. Whenever it is not really that bad or not. I understand if it is like what Bobinator showed but there is always a complaint about voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back