Port Forwarding and Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimbus

Hello fellow SRB2 players,

I'm a long-term player of SRB2 who has only recently began attempting to host his own server. My router is OnNetworks N150R, and I have opened a port on my router's settings page. However, no matter how many times I've tried, my server shows up on the master server but is displayed as "unreachable".

The options for my port forward on my router are as follows:

Protocol: UDP
Start Port: 5029
End Port: 5029
Internal IP address: ###.###.#.4 (determined by using ipconfig in cmd)

I have also tried disabling my Windows Firewall and running SRB2 as administrator to no avail.

Does anyone have further advice as to how to host a legitimate server? Because my server does not show up on the master server no matter which settings I try.

P.S. If it helps, my computer is a Toshiba C55-C5241 with Intel Core i5 Processor, running on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The protocol is meant to be both. Also make sure your IP is static, and your firewall for SRB2 is disabled.

Just make sure you either have a broadband connection, or a strong WiFi signal. Name your server and you should be able to host.

Just make sure you either have a broadband connection, or a strong WiFi signal. Name your server and you should be able to host.
So should I use a broadband connection on my desktop computer? The laptop I'm using says that my WiFi is rather strong, but my server is still not accessible.

What if you try using the Ethernet wire instead?

When I used to host my local server, I wasn't able to host via Wi-Fi, but it always works when hosting via Ethernet.

Okay, throw Duon's response out of the window, it's supposed to be UDP not both.

Secondly, I host via WiFi perfectly fine, so throw away "you must use ethernet" too.

I had problems with firewall on windows 10 but I don't think that's relevant for this, I'd suggest getting in touch with your ISP and asking them if you're port forwarding correctly, considering the fact your port settings seem to be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back