[Open Assets] Roll The Dice (V8.3.0)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SSG3

Oh, THAT Youtuber...
First off, I gotta credit BlazeTheCat who helped me in optimising Roll the Dice's Core code. Best regards to her. Without it, you couldn't make your own Dice Roll effects. And Edgy, who made his own set for a separate, optional add-on... You're awesome! Next, Blacknide. He made the HUD Dice element. I just made a small edit.

Also, any rolls not listed in the main list can be found in the changelog.

Anyway, on with the meaty stuff..

Be sure to check out the v3 Trailer of Roll the Dice so you know what to expect!

Roll the Dice: Roll an imaginary die for a random effect. Each dice roll is basically risking your life, since two of the rolls will kill you; one instantly (suicide) and one after 10 seconds (timebomb)... counting the Doomsday roll if you don't remain super... that's 3 life-threatening rolls

Usage: Type "rtd" (or "rtd2") in the console. Alternatively, say (or sayteam) "rtd", "!rtd" or "/rtd" in the chat. (Kart won't get the chat luxury)
All srb2 2 player bots automatically roll the dice when not human controlled, yet "rtd2" still works as normal.
If the dice seems a bit in your way, you can use the command "rtd_minimal 1/0" to toggle Minimal HUD mode! (Works in the Kart Release: Link here!) The dice tucks away a bit smaller on the top of the screen and the roll name becomes hidden.

Effects list in the default Core:
Suicide: Self explanitory. Die immediately.
Timebomb: Explode after 10 seconds, to which the user dies.
Beacon: You'll make a noise and have an aura around you, which aids in everyone being able to track you easier.
Super form: Gain 20 rings, all 7 match emeralds, and turn super.
Invincibility: Same as grabbing an invincibility monitor.
Increased Speed: Your max speed is increased. Acceleration is also buffed slightly to compensate for this. Lasts 20 seconds.
Low Gravity: Your gravity becomes lighter. Lasts 20 seconds.
Heavy Gravity: Your gravity becomes heavier, about as heavy as Metal Mario in the Smash Bros. Series. Lasts 20 seconds.
Invisibility: Become invisible for 20 seconds. Shields, Sounds and after-images aren't affected by this change.
God-mode: Activates God Mode (Sissy mode), meaning nothing - apart from enemy rings in tag/H&S - can hurt you. Lasts 20 seconds.
Full Noclip: Activates No-Clip. Lasts 20 seconds.
Small: Decreases your size. Lasts 20 seconds.
Big: Increases your size. Lasts 20 seconds.
Infinite air: Cannot drown in water or space. Lasts 20 seconds.
Freefly: Gain Super Debug's controls, and gain the ability to clip through everything! Lasts 35 seconds.
Grant all Ring Weapons: Gives you 9999 of all ring weapons - Roll is instant.
Doomsday: Turn super, but you'll die the moment you revert! As Samus, nothing happens. Won't work if Dark Super Shadow is active, and as such is overrided by it. (Alternatively, activate this with "doomsday" in the console)

Character-Specific Rolls:
Sonic/Fsonic/Tails/TailsCD/Knuckles/KnuxME - Doomsday Has an extra function for you guys! Press Custom 1 to Toggle Doomsday flight mode. Functions Just like Sonic Mania when in Egg Reverie Zone, except no boost and the ability to turn it off at will when flying (EXTRA HUD BY ME)
Tails (and TailsCD) - Infinite flight: can fly infinitely. Lasts 20 seconds.
Jasper - Infinite Stars: gives Jasper infinite stars like in his super form. Lasts 20 seconds.
Silver - Infinite Psychic Energy: Silver gains infinite Psychic Energy. Lasts 20 seconds.
Kirby - Infinite Jumps: Kirby can "jump" around infinitely, like OH NO Kirby and when Kirby is super. Lasts 20 seconds.
Samus - Fully Powered Suit - Gives you everything Samus can have, more than using "samusmatch justinbailey" in the console.
Pointy - Dab to Drop Bombs - While dabbing, makes you drop Napalm bombs every second!
Pointy - Dab to Fire Missiles - While dabbing, makes you Fire 2.1 Brak's Missiles every 0.5 seconds!
Please note that air dabs as super pointy while moving will result in nothing.
Pointy - Default Dance
Shadow - Dark Super Shadow - Overrides Doomsday (and Hyper forms from custommonitors.wad). Press Custom 1 to Trigger an explosion. Alternatively, activate this with "shadow_dark" in the console

HUD-only Rolls:
Blind: You cannot see. Lasts 20 seconds.

Making your own Dice Rolls:
unknown.png

Blazethecat's words of wisdom might be of handy.

here's an example:
Code:
rtd.AddRoll("Super Sneakers", 0, RTD_Start_SpeedShoes, nil, nil, nil, nil)

GIF of one of the rolls (VERY OLD):
FriendlyUnpleasantFlatcoatretriever.gif

Link to all of the already compatible characters:
Silver
Kirby (not currently available on the MB). Basically, the kirby from my HOW TO KIRBY video
Tails CD (has the same skin specific roll as vanilla Tails)
Jasper
Samus
Pointy Sonic

Edgy the Hedgy made his own custom rolls in a separate addon. We agreed to put it as a separate attachment (well, i made it like that. he's fine with it).
Here is his roll list:
Code:
Egghead - Triggers an eggman monitor.
Afterframes - Generates Afterimages of you.
Rail Rings - Gives you 999 rail rings.
Emeralds - Grants you all 7 Coop Chaos Emeralds.
Spring Spawn - Spawns a red diagonal spring that shoots you off into the air.
Cannon Spawn - Spawns 3 cannon launchers on you.
Semi-Noclip - Clip through all objects, but not level geometry.
Reverse Gravity - Uses the Gravity monitor's function to keep constant flipped gravity.
No Friction - Self-explanatory
Fire Trails - Spawns elemental shield fire trails behind you as you move along the ground.
Bouncy Walls - Makes you bounce off walls.
Crumbling FOF Switcheroo - Switches all Crumbling FOFs around for regular sectors, and vice versa.
Goo-Water Switcheroo
Darkness - Makes the map super dark. Affects everyone.
Random Shield - Gives you a random shield.
Rainbow Blind - Blind, but with colours *WARNING: Can contain flashing images.* NOTE: This roll won't work properly in non-green resolutions!
Unstable super form. - Super form with a twist: you only last for the duration of the timer before you die instantly. Does nothing as Samus.
Mach Speed - Propels you forward at a constant speed. You won't be hurt by walls.

Shadow: Infinite Chaos Control - Allows you to teleport infinitely.

Flare: Searing SpeedBoost - Forces Flare's dash mode to always be active.

Hinote: Flare Blast - Grants you a free flare blast that is used instantly without a ring cost.

Sonic: The Fastest Thing Alive - Greatly increases Sonic's speed.

Phew! That's all of them from me, Edgy's bunch and the ones Blazethecat made. (timebomb, blind and beacon) Have fun with them all, and don't hesitate to report any bugs!

KNOWN ISSUES:
Any HUD related roll, including blind, can be negated by holding the rankings/scores key (default key: TAB)
If you roll suicide while jumping, there's a chance where you'll still be in the jumping animation.
Spectators break RTD for any node above theirs until they come back in or leave the game. To this day, I still don't know how to fix this.

V8.3.0 - Disconnections during a roll now use a universal message.

V8.2.1 - Fixed a missing line of code that prevented super debug from still continuing the roll process.

V8.2.0 - Super Debug can no longer roll the dice. (This makes the only skin unable to at all)

For some reason, I did a pointy and printed out an ascii image in the console when the mod is loaded.

V8.1.1 - Fixed the console spitting out an error.

V8.1.0 - Split-Screen support (Doesn't look correct in non-green resolutions)
Bots now roll the dice automatically (and use roll's abilities randomly now)

Instant Rolls now show some text below the cooldown for a second before disappearing.

Disconnections during a roll are accounted for.

Added command "rtd2"

V8.0.0 - Removed Pointy: T-Pose Roll
Added 3 new rolls/commands to F-Sonic:

- Fire Sonic - Transform into Fire Sonic. Passive elemental shield and Mario Koopa Blast Fire Flower abilities. Custom 1 lets you dash for 2 rings, Custom 2 on the ground is a super fast spin for 4 rings, and Custom 3 throws an explosion ring for 6 rings. Freezes the cooldown at 30 seconds

- Ultra Instinct - Go autonomous in this technique. Has a 75% dodge chance. Fast movement is replaced with vanishing.

- Ultra Instinct Mastered - Master the autonomous way in this technique by transforming. Has a 100% dodge chance. Fast movement is replaced with vanishing. Gives 40 more rings on startup than Ultra Instinct.

Added commands firesonic, ui and mui to use these rolls in co-op/singleplayer, respectively. server admins and the host can use this whenever they like.

All 3 new forms override doomsday and hyper forms.

RTD-ADDON-EDGY: Unstable super form now doesn't affect dark super shadow and the 3 new f-sonic forms.

Doomsday as the 3 new f-sonic forms give you 100 rings when rolled, but the command version does nothing.

V7.3.0: Spectators now have a unique RTD hud to indicate they're spectating, however users with a node above the spectator will have the mod break... still. (might put a bounty on the spectate bug or something)
Fully fixed Pointy: T-Pose

V7.2.0 - Fixed Pointy: T-Pose not making pointy T-Pose

Silent bugfix: Fixed Pointy: T-pose's duration from 50 tics to 50 seconds

V7.1.0 Patch: Added Pointy T-pose Roll
Fixed some bugs relating to the roll changes.
RTD-ADDON-EDGY: Roll names have been adjusted and Crumbling/Goop FOF functions are completely different now.

V7.0.0: Command rtd_old added, allowing old HUD graphics to be shown
New HUD graphics have been added (rtd_old is off by default)
Super form: Samus no longer does anything
RTD-ADDON-EDGY: Unstable super form does nothing to Samus now
Timebomb: Now damages players outside of co-op/competition/race
Samus: Fully Powered Suit now gives all 12 energy tanks and refills her health completely (In match, she also gets something special. I'm not going to say what, though... if it works, anyway)
Pointy Sonic: defaultdance command now only works when playing as Pointy Sonic

V6.2.0: Command shadow_dark now only works when playing as Shadow.
Rolls that use Samus have been adjusted:
- Doomsday: Now does nothing as Samus
- Fully Powered Suit: Slightly adjusted to accommodate the new Samus

V6.1.0: Shadow's aura now flips with him (and goes invisible when he uses chaos control)
RTD can now be activated with rtd, /rtd or !rtd in the chat (regular OR team chat works)
Doomsday and Dark Super Shadow: the command version now only works in coop or if the player is the host/game admin

V6.0.0: Added a new Shadow roll
Fixed graphic clash with KIMOKAWAIII (Srsly, how was DICE1 through DICE6 already taken by another mod?)

V5.0.0: Added new roll for Pointy

3.3.0 Update: Added rtd_minimal command.
RTD-EDGY-ADDON: Fixed Unstable super form not properly killing the player when the roll wore off.
RTD Now announces in the chat rather than the console.

3.2.2 Update: Added Doomsday command by user demand; You can now activate Doomsday mode whenever you like!

3.1.2 Patch: Fixed a possible crash where you finished the level with 10 rings left in doomsday mode, causing the music to screw itself over in an infinite loop. (Whoopsie, SSG3)

3.1.1 Patch: Fixed Doomsday from crashing (Hopefully)

3.1.0 Update: 6 Skins have a unique function in Doomsday mode. Check the Character Specific Rolls for details. Also, Doomsday music has been changed to the 3 & Knuckles version and speeds up when you have 10 rings remaining.

3.0.1 patch: Moved the visual slightly to the left to prevent it from completely covering up any vanilla first person HUD (e.g. shields)

3.0 VISUAL UPDATE: RTD now has a visual cue on the top right of the screen to indicate the Roll status!
Some old rolls have been modified and new rolls have been added! Check the main post for details.

2.0: Fixed all spectator bugs and such. Added new rolls and started hosting Edgy's RTD AOC (Add-On Content) as an alternate download.

1.2: Properly fixed the bugs this time, I promise!
fixed a bug relating to console spam and being unable to roll the dice.

1.1: Fixed a bug relating to player.dicetime

1.0: Initial Release

Attachments

• RTD-Addon-Edgy.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 592
  • RollTheDice.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 1,288
Last edited:
hey, nice seeing RTD get released, it's a good wad, but it's risky since there's around 3 Bad rolls, also.

Jasper - Infinite Stars: gives Jasper infinite stars like in Her super form.

I'm pretty sure Jasper is a boy.

SLIGHT PATCH: Low gravity has been altered slightly so that you don't have no gravity in water/lava sectors (Paper Mario could exploit this to have slight control over air movement) and not fall up infinitely in super low gravity sectors in ERZ2

V1.2 is out, properly fixing the bug aforementioned in V1.1 Check the changelog for details.

While I don't think it's possible to properly fix the rankings/scores bug with HUD related rolls, it's actually rather trivial to make the "Blind" effect work on all resolutions. All you have to do is just remove the arguments to drawFill, as that causes it to fill the entire screen with black (as i assume is the intent).

V2.0 update is out. check the OP for new stuff and the change log for details.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

V2.0.1 hotfix is out, fixing 3 of the rolls. Sorry for the inconvenience.

V2.0.2 hot-hotfix is out. Looks like I forgot a major thing with the freefly roll. Hope this works...

EDIT:

Ugh... V2.0.3 hot-hot-hotfix is out. finally nailed the noclip forever bug regarding the freefly roll. It works fine, i checked with testing.

Last edited:
Nice RTD System!

Cool RTD it's simple and fun but it would be cool if

Dirk - Infinite Ice: Lets Dirk have Infinite ice like in his His Super Form.

it would be cool if this was a thing heh. (Sylve would be happy)

Sorry about the bump (Maybe) But I was lucky in a SRB2 Server who was hosting this script. I actually rolled: "Emeralds." That was very helpful to the players, who can now face Star Genesis.

Finally... Version 3.0.0 is out! Been around a year since I updated it, but it's finally time. Check the Main post on the details. [The changelog goes into a bit more detail than the main post does]

Version 4.0.0 is out.

# The Doomsday Mode's Flight function has been changed from Doomsday Zone's Behaviour to Egg Reverie Zone's Behaviour.
+ NEW HUD for those who can use Doomsday Mode Flight.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back