SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
SF94-Serv Details »»
SF94-Serv
Version: 3.92, by LJ Sonik LJ Sonik is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 4.60 average)
Released: 05-31-2015 Last Update: Never Installs: 3
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels SOCs Scripts Sprites/Graphics

Description
This is a port of SF94-Serv, a mod made by SonicFreak94, Sik, Penopat and Donnyku, that I was allowed to port and release here.

The mod is splited into three files: SF94-Core.wad, SF94-Maps.wad and SF94-Music.wad.

There are still some features that haven't been ported, but most of it is playable. The aliases like "blood" or "puyomode" haven't been tested yet so they might not be functional.

Variables
  • jumpsphere: Enables/disables the jump sphere that appears when you're jumping.
  • respawnitemtimecoop: Sets the number of seconds before rings and ringboxes respawn in Co-op and Single Player.
  • allowresetnpcs: When disabled, only the server and administrator can use the resetnpcs command (enabled by default).

Commands
  • resetnpcs: Resets all moving NPCs to their spawnpoint. Intended as a way to minimize resynch failures caused by the NPCs, even though it doesn't seem to help much. By default anyone can use this, however you can disable allowresetnpcs so that only the server/admin can use it.
  • event <type> [parameters]: Triggers the event specified by "name" with the optional specified parameters. "type" can be one of these: "halloween", "christmas" (alias "xmas") or "stop" (to cancel the event). For more information just type "event" without anything else in the console.
Look at this thread for more information about the time/weather control related commands/variables. Consider the timehelp console command if you need a list of variables/commands that you can use.

Archived versions
These archives don't provide SF94-Music.wad because it still remains the same since 3.80 and would multiply by 10 their size.

SF94-Serv-3.80.rar
SF94-Serv-3.81.rar
SF94-Serv-3.82.rar
SF94-Serv-3.83.rar
SF94-Serv-3.84.rar
SF94-Serv-3.85.rar
SF94-Serv-3.86.rar
SF94-Serv-3.87.rar
SF94-Serv-3.88.rar
SF94-Serv-3.89.rar
SF94-Serv-3.90.rar
SF94-Serv-3.91.rar
SF94-Serv-3.92.rar

Download Now

File Type: rar SF94-Serv-3.93.rar (19.89 MB, 1360 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20035.png
Views:	3244
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	6472   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20036.png
Views:	2909
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	6473   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20037.png
Views:	2628
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	6474  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

  • This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 02-19-2016   #122
LJ Sonik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-blade View Post
Can you use the sprites from Katmint's (actually Chrispy's) Rosy.wad to replace the current Amy sprites? They're ugly in my opinion. Especially when they're Teal or Yellow.
Might happen. But don't forget I need Katmint's permission to do that, especially since this character isn't marked as reusable.
LJ Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016   #123
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned
Default

If we're going to be redesigning characters, why not add some more as well? I don't mind a little variety of NPCs in SF94, but eventually things get bland with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and old Amy.
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016   #124
LJ Sonik
Default

I'm not against this, but please keep in mind that is meant to be a port, not a new version of the mod... That said, adding one or two NPCs characters should be easy to implement and would indeed add some variety to this mod. I guess it mainly depends on my lazyness :p
LJ Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016   #125
MotdSpork
Mafia? Zombies? Gold spork?
 
MotdSpork's Avatar
Default

Imagine having some Hinote or Jasper NPC's? (with permission from the owners of course)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEnternity3000
a giant turtle with hot flames shooting from its crotch descends upon you
MotdSpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016   #126
LJ Sonik
Default

What other characters could I add? (if possible I'd like classical Sonic's characters)
LJ Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016   #127
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws
 
MetalKnux101's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ Sonik View Post
What other characters could I add? (if possible I'd like classical Sonic's characters)
For characters that actually exist for SRB2 as well as have an actually good set of sprites, there's really nothing to choose from. There's only Rosy, Shadow, and Metal Sonic (who would make no sense as an NPC).
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016   #128
LJ Sonik
Default

I think I'll try to use Rose and Shadow, and eventually add some custom characters that fit for an NPC.
LJ Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016   #129
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer
 
Wolfy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKnux101 View Post
and Metal Sonic (who would make no sense as an NPC).
Sure he would! Who wouldn't like having a former enemy as a personal robotic assistant?
__________________
Quote:
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016   #130
Larztard
 
Larztard's Avatar
Default

Why not the Chaotix?
__________________
YouTube
Larztard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016   #131
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws
 
MetalKnux101's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Sure he would! Who wouldn't like having a former enemy as a personal robotic assistant?
Multiple, multicolored, robotic assistants all throughout the world.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larztard View Post
Why not the Chaotix?
As far as I know, there are no good sprite sets for the Chaotix that exist for SRB2.
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016   #132
Larztard
 
Larztard's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKnux101 View Post
As far as I know, there are no good sprite sets for the Chaotix that exist for SRB2.
They are still usable (with permission). Not everything needs to be high quality and up to date in order to be "good."
__________________
YouTube
Larztard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016   #133
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws
 
MetalKnux101's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larztard View Post
They are still usable (with permission). Not everything needs to be high quality and up to date in order to be "good."
I guess if you want to say they are "good" for v1.0 or v2.0, but most of those skins are so outdated that they look completely alien compared to everything in 2.1 and 2.2. I'm pretty sure the Vector and Espio that exist go back to at least 2005 or 2006.
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016   #134
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKnux101 View Post
I guess if you want to say they are "good" for v1.0 or v2.0, but most of those skins are so outdated that they look completely alien compared to everything in 2.1 and 2.2. I'm pretty sure the Vector and Espio that exist go back to at least 2005 or 2006.
Oh please, if you want a good sprite set, what's stopping you from making them yourself? You criticise what's available as not being good enough, yet, no one takes action because reasons. My fault for snapping, but I'm a little tired of these nitpicky criticisms from you. Can't you be happy with what we have? This game is reliant on people with free time and true passion to go out of their way to make what we see as amazing material (minus the half-operating netcode).
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016   #135
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer
 
Wolfy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKnux101 View Post
I guess if you want to say they are "good" for v1.0 or v2.0, but most of those skins are so outdated that they look completely alien compared to everything in 2.1 and 2.2.
Sonic hasn't been changed since 1.08.
Tails hasn't been changed since 1.08.
A lot of the enemies haven't been touched since 2.0.
Most of the scenery hasn't been touched since 2.0 or earlier.

So, with assets that old, tell me, what from 2.1 makes these skins look completely alien? Most of the game's assets are older than those skins but suddenly they're bad compared to the entire game because one of 2.1's characters got revamped? That doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter how outdated they are, if they look good, they look good. If they don't, they don't. Just saying that they're outdated isn't a valid argument.
__________________
Quote:
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016   #136
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws
 
MetalKnux101's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
Oh please, if you want a good sprite set, what's stopping you from making them yourself? You criticise what's available as not being good enough, yet, no one takes action because reasons. My fault for snapping, but I'm a little tired of these nitpicky criticisms from you. Can't you be happy with what we have? This game is reliant on people with free time and true passion to go out of their way to make what we see as amazing material (minus the half-operating netcode).
I am not a spriter. Just because I don't sprite doesn't mean I can't criticize other sprites. With your logic, game reviewers shouldn't be allowed to criticize games from developers if they aren't developers themselves. "Because reasons"; not everybody has the patience or skills required for pixel art. Why don't you sprite, Duon? At this point, I am pretty happy with what we have on SRB2. Some high quality stuff is being released and more is going to be released in the future. I appreciate people who produce content and sacrifice their time, but that's not going to stop me from voicing how I feel or any issues I see with the content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Sonic hasn't been changed since 1.08.
Tails hasn't been changed since 1.08.
A lot of the enemies haven't been touched since 2.0.
Most of the scenery hasn't been touched since 2.0 or earlier.

So, with assets that old, tell me, what from 2.1 makes these skins look completely alien? Most of the game's assets are older than those skins but suddenly they're bad compared to the entire game because one of 2.1's characters got revamped? That doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter how outdated they are, if they look good, they look good. If they don't, they don't. Just saying that they're outdated isn't a valid argument.
Sonic already is changed, or at least will be by v2.2.
Tails probably will within the next 2-3 years at least.
Knuckles has been.
Most of the Badniks are fine as of v2.0 aside from Snailer, who was recreated last year, and Buzz.
All of the levels are growing a lot better both aesthetically and gameplay wise, especially with the recent addition of slopes in vanilla.
All of the recent content released or that is being developed is growing in quality too.

I guess what my initial point was is that everything else in SRB2 is still changing and developing into something better. Old wads that the official creators don't even update anymore, that are from years ago, are not in that same flow. The other thing I was trying to say is that those old skins created by the likes of CZ64 and .Luke were more so fair quality in older versions of SRB2, especially back in the Final Demo era; and that most of them are starting to degrade more in quality compared with the new things released/in dev, which I previously explained. Personally, I think Espio.wad isn't very good looking in general. On a lot of frames he looks derpy, and you can blatantly see how it was built on top of SSN's Sonic. CZ's Charmy is essentially the same animation of him flapping his wings for most of the wad. The best one is Vector, who I still find weird in some areas. Also, none of these characters have proper balancing frames and are probably missing others that I forgot. But that was pretty common for character wads around the time these ones were first released.

But whatever, I hope you can understand where I was coming from.
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016   #137
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer
 
Wolfy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKnux101 View Post
I guess what my initial point was is that everything else in SRB2 is still changing and developing into something better. Old wads that the official creators don't even update anymore, that are from years ago, are not in that same flow. The other thing I was trying to say is that those old skins created by the likes of CZ64 and .Luke were more so fair quality in older versions of SRB2, especially back in the Final Demo era; and that most of them are starting to degrade more in quality compared with the new things released/in dev, which I previously explained. Personally, I think Espio.wad isn't very good looking in general. On a lot of frames he looks derpy, and you can blatantly see how it was built on top of SSN's Sonic. CZ's Charmy is essentially the same animation of him flapping his wings for most of the wad. The best one is Vector, who I still find weird in some areas. Also, none of these characters have proper balancing frames and are probably missing others that I forgot. But that was pretty common for character wads around the time these ones were first released.

But whatever, I hope you can understand where I was coming from.
Allow me to remind you that, as far as I'm aware, not a single one of us on the dev team actually wanted Sonic or Knuckles replaced. Roach made them anyway and they're a lot better so they were included. 2.2 isn't upgrading to some "standard of quality" like you're thinking of. If we get improved replacements for old sprites, we'll take them, but replacing them isn't a priority by any means. I understand that you don't think those old sprites look very good, but you can't associate it with some sort of graphical revolution for the game as a whole.

Besides that, I refuse to accept anything short of a renderer rewrite as a graphical revolution. :/
__________________
Quote:
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016   #138
toaster
トースタちゃん
 
toaster's Avatar
Default

I'll give you "wanted" for Sonic, but I'm pretty sure there were some grumblies about 2.0 Knuckles.

That doesn't really affect your main point (which I agree with), but I figured it was worth saying.
__________________
Quote:
<fickle> giant robo-hood that rips the map apart with her bare hands
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016   #139
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws
 
MetalKnux101's Avatar
Default

It wasn't planned to be updated to some kind of standard. What I'm saying is that everything is improving, both aesthetics and gameplay wise. The point we're getting at does feel like a graphical revolution for the game. I'm aware looks aren't a priority of the developers, but apparently a lot of things still are being upgraded. That is the point, not whether it was intended by the main devs.

But basically since all these graphical enhancements are being introduced, older things that used to fit in don't so much currently. MotorRoach and others have sort of "set a standard" because we haven't really seen sprite work as high tier as his. It's kind of like when a really good title is released in a franchise, it kind of sets the standard of what people might expect from other games in the franchise. So it's kind of like how Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, and CD set the standard for Sonic games that were good, and people got disappointed at a lot of future games since they were pretty sub-par compared to those original games people liked. That's the best example I can think of. SRB2 is kind of the other way around, going from worse to better.
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016   #140
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Judge
 
TehRealSalt's Avatar
Default

You're being awfully picky over what amounts to a handful of sprites in an addon :v
__________________
THZ Discord | Twitter | Tumblr
TehRealSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016   #141
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws
 
MetalKnux101's Avatar
Default

It's not that big of a deal if they get into the mod. That's up to the creator.
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.