SRB2 Multiplayer Survey Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strafe-fly is one of the best Tails's strategies, anyway. But in some stages, only what Tails can do is go to high places and hit players from there. Obviously, Tails loses in a close battle, but he's the main target for those players that like railing people, and high places aren't a problem for them(at least for me), unless they can't see their's target(the Tails player).And without space to strafe-fly, Tails can't even try to avoid from being railed, and sometimes, he can't even reach the high places because he's being railed all the time, so, Tails IS underpowered in match, depending of the player that he's fighting against and mainly of the map.And for some reason, I don't like playing as Sonic.

Now I'm not only mentioning the strafe-fly ability. =P

Tails IS underpowered in match, depending of the player that he's fighting against and mainly of the map.And for some reason, I don't like playing as Sonic.

Now I'm not only mentioning the strafe-fly ability. =P

So basically you're saying Tails is underpowered because some people are better than you?

So basically you're saying Tails is underpowered because some people are better than you?

No, I'm saying that a player with good or medium railing skills(like me ;P ) can easily defeat a Tails player that doesn't have space to strafe-fly(wich is the best strategy to try to avoid rail rings when in midair).And I'm not an official Tails player yet, I'm a Knux player.

Well even when strafe-flying, there still the possibility of being railed out of the air. Also being so high up in mid-air makes you real prey for snipers, (which is just about everybody). So tails is just an easy target to snipe in the air, and an even easier target while on ground. Thats why tails fails so bad at capturing the flag in CTF.

Unless you're Foxboy you'll most likely get railed. :P
The data though surprises me. I can't believe that the rail ring would be one ring that would be missed least of all. Maybe because many people hate getting railed which is understandable.

Well just remember its still possible to rail foxboy.....(good times). Oh and how can people miss the rail! a shooting game is not a shooting game without a sniping weapon, or in SRB2 cases, a weapon that can instantly hit opponents from across the stage (if you can aim right).

My favorite way of aiming is waiting for someone to run right in front of my crosshair and then BAM railed. This is my most common way of aiming when I am not using mouselook. When I do though I use another method.

I think Tails needs to be a little faster in the gametypes. Also, his flight could use a bit more power.

I'm just thinking off the top of my head here, but what if tails had his own custom weapon? I don't know what kind of weapon it could be but since tails invents custom weapons/robots in the games, why can't we add a custom weapon for tails to give him a good advantage in CTF/match. Just a random idea I had, and most of my random ideas fail, but it just seemed important at the time.

You guys, if you say Tails need to be faster or have stuff, then you're obviously not using him correctly in match. Altough Tails can be sniped easly if he didn't spindash before he takes off to fly, He can still attack people from above, when they least expect it coming.

I got sniped while strafe flying at top speed around a curve the other day. :(

Haha, but Metal Rawr is right, Tails may be underpowered when it comes to running, but that's about all. The only thing they should do is make the grenade rings fall straight beneath you if you fire them while flying. Same thing with gliding. Now I just need to figure out this "Flag Flying" trick that I heard about...

You guys, if you say Tails need to be faster or have stuff, then you're obviously not using him correctly in match. Altough Tails can be sniped easly if he didn't spindash before he takes off to fly, He can still attack people from above, when they least expect it coming.

Thats just the thing they ALWAYS expect something to happen. Thats why people are always on guard in match. And from my point of view, I find it difficult to hit a moving target while flying, especially when they are thoking everywhere, and going in and out of tunnels. Maybe its a little easier to hit people with the bomb ring.....just a little.

Well, if they are thoking everywhere like nut sto dodge, I bet they can't aim pretty well too, amitire? ;)
And Chary, I don't see the problem in that, just throw the ring a bit before... No weapon in SRB2's sepuse to have perfect accuracy. That's why the rail ring has no scope.

The thing is, it's easy to hit anyone using an ability if they use it for an extended period of time.

If Sonic thoks off of a large cliff? Rail fodder. Tails flies in one direction to get somewhere? Rail fodder. Knuckles keeps gliding in one direction all the time? You bloody guessed it.

The difference is how the three evade. Figure that out yourself.

I can actually understand why these are what they are. I use knuckles in hide and seek and tag; Sonic for race, coop, and match; and tails just to use him. Although capture the flag I tend to change my character for the map I'm playing on. If its a long narrow map (no homo), I would use sonic. If its long and wide (NO HOMO), I would use knuckles. Short but really high(NOOOO HOOOOMOOOO), tails. Although I'm really shock that the explosion ring would be the least missed. I love that ring.

. If its a long narrow map (no homo), I would use sonic. If its long and wide (NO HOMO), I would use knuckles. Short but really high(NOOOO HOOOOMOOOO), tails.

Its only homo for the people who actually think that way about it. Theres nothing homo about it, its just the stupid people who have to make a dick joke off of every little phrase. Just don't pay attention to any of that.

If its a long narrow map (no homo), I would use sonic. If its long and wide (NO HOMO), I would use knuckles. Short but really high(NOOOO HOOOOMOOOO), tails. Although I'm really shock that the explosion ring would be the least missed. I love that ring.
That statement would be five times better with homo. :p

Uh, the Bounce ring would be least missed. Explosion actually won in the "favorite" category.
Ironically, I love the Bounce ring now, especially with Knuckles. It's just plain sex in a nice... tight... lovable... corridor. Especially when you round a corner then put scatter into people's sensitive areas.

I would probably make Sonic look like a lumbering brute, because I'm used to Tails and Knuckles. I can utilise Knuckles' gliding well and use it to round corners - didn't take much practice. Definitely a beginner character with his shooting rate, but this is hardly a conventional FPS, and learning the gliding would take longer (the climbing is still confusing as hell, although looking up helps, and I am disappoint you can't shoot right up or down, but I can see why that is.)
Fixed this a little.

Last edited:
That statement would be five times better with homo. :p

Ironically, I love the Bounce ring now, especially with Knuckles. It's just plain sex in a nice... tight... lovable... corridor. Especially when you round a corner then put scatter into people's sensitive areas.

Fixed this a little.

OK..... now that's just being noobish right there -_-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back