• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A little CTF/Match map with no name

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtheman14

Not this moron again...
I just though i'd make a nice 'n' small map but before I actually put it on for release I have a question.(if this is seen as avoiding the release section please tell me and i'll move it)

1. How do I get this map to appear with it's own name? Do I have to SOC?

I don't know if these are the sort of questions for the editing help sub-forum but i'm letting people test it at the same time
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/596BLAH!.wad

You dont have to SOC. Its really easy. First you need a lump editor like XWE. Google it.Then you use it to open your wad and you create a new lump in there. Remember to change its type to Lump. If you dont know how then I will be glad to explain. You name the lump MAINCFG and for the rest use this to help you know what to do. If you dont understand something tell me and I will explain more carefully.

For the map I cant play it now. Later I will and give some feedback.

But the level needs a name before I can offically release it.

EDIT:Actually for me it's not working at all. when I put my text file in and then save srb2 says "no maps added" so I tried editing it again and again and again untill i tragically destroyed the workings of the WAD itself, forcing me to download my WAD again from the FFH. Do the lumps need to be a certain name?
If not do they have to be a certain order
(I did add the extra line like it told me to)

Last edited:
I try to answer a question and help. But end up learning something new at the same time XD
Sprite I posted that link on my post ya know?

Anyway Ash your map is kinda bad. I will tell you why:

• It hasn't a thok barrier. Its a vital part in SRB2 Mapping since it stops Sonic and his insane speed from going out of the map. The Wiki has how to do it just type Thok Barrier in the wiki.
  • The red and blue textures are unfitting. Replace them with the normal wall textures and place some banners.
  • The weapon rings are near each other which means NO GOOD. Put them in other places FARTHER from each other.
  • Its kinda bland... How about you look at the other maps and see what makes them so good? A good example are the stock maps. For example Lime Forest. Simple yet fun to play. Or Silver Cascade!
These are what I saw. Dont be descouraged tough. When I started UGH my maps where MUCH worse. The skill comes with the time. Keep doing maps, getting feedback and knowing what makes them bad to make them better and future maps better too! If some people give feedback but are kinda rude (theres at least ONE person on this forum like that altough I wont give names) just ignore the rude part and take the feedback dont go in a flame war with the user. This is all I have to say. I hope to see future maps from you as im sure you will get better.

EDIT: Well let me see I think my MAINCFG is in last... Im not sure... Try to go on my wad Rushing Woods which is on this section and open it in XWE. You should get everything you need ;)

Last edited:
Ok...I will need some time to work on the level.
My main aim was to have some symmetry involved.
But yeah now that you mention it I definetly don't need to place a group of 3 automatic rings and 1 bomb ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back