New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure did my fair share of dying when playing in 2 player thanks to our wonderful ability to kill each other in hilarious ways, though X_X
I can relate, heh. The first day I got the game, two of my friends and I played, and one of them was a constant griefer. Funny as hell at times, but it did noticeably up the difficulty in comparison to single player.

@Bigboi: The later worlds do get harder, but don't expect to game over soon if you're good at getting lives. Honestly, if you're looking for a challenge, play with an asshole.

I'm not looking forward to this.
The level design (from what I've seen) is very empty and bland. The Propeller Hat seems pretty overpowered, and playing with friends in platforming areas can be a pain.
I don't really like the music.
Sound like Kyasarin don't love anything(joking).
I agree,the level design is very empty for a SM game,but playing with friends is very fun in general,secondly the soundtrack is very "special" because its composed of some good music and some awful ones.
And,finally,the game is literally the same game as NSMB DS but better in some ways :p and i really like the awesome difficulty (it was a pain to reach world 3 in Coop).

Just beat it. Altough I liked the 2D style gameplay, this really just wasn't my type.

..Oh god. I beat this game? I could never beat New Super Mario Bros. without action replaying. Shows how easier this game is compared to the DS title.

Also, what really gets me mad at the game is that the World 7 final castle is harder than the final boss.

You couldn't beat New Super Mario Bros.? Really? That game was really, really easy.
How hard is this one, outside of multiplayer?

The levels themselves are pretty hard, but it's still way too easy to stock up on lives.

If you can get so many lives so easily, where's the challenge?
I'm very good at Mario games (SMB2J wasn't too hard for me). How hard would it be for someone like me?

I'd like to remind everyone that it's been pretty trivially easy to stock up on massive amounts of lives in ALL of the 2D Mario games. SMB3 had the cards at the end of the stage, the slot machine game, and tons of 1-up mushrooms basically everywhere. SMW had the bonus game and the hidden pipes with the 1-ups, along with Top Secret Area. Even SMB1 had the (somewhat unintentional) 99 lives trick.

The challenge level of the Mario games has always been more the difficulty of completing the stage, not the problem of running out of lives.

Also, what really gets me mad at the game is that the World 7 final castle is harder than the final boss.

I've only played three Mario games (SMBDeluxe, SM64DS, and SMG) but I generally don't remember bosses being very difficult; I definitely don't remember bosses ever being more difficult than the stages leading up to them.

Mario bosses have always been a joke. The only Mario games with non-trivial bosses are spin-offs like SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

It's honestly the biggest weakness of the franchise, IMO.

Yoshi's Island bosses were geniunely inventive even though they were just "Normal enemy + giant spell".
The moon fight is still one of the most memorable scenes in recent gaming I had.
The problem (I think) is that mario usually just has 2 hit points. So making complex bosses would be kinda annoying.

Well. technically Mario could have more.
Mario
Small - 1
Large - 2
Flowers + Costumes - 3
Mini - 1

Anyways, these bosses were actually pretty fun. Jumping balls that you can bounce on to hit the boss? Water that slowly goes down? :D

I'd have to agree that while the difficulty of the bosses was almost nonexistent (as usual), they still kind of stood out from each other in spite of the similar play style each Koopa Kid had from each other, and that made them worth playing again.

What I think also makes them a bit better than the bosses of most other Mario platformers is that the fire flower is no longer hideously overpowered; as a matter of fact, they're actually considerably underpowered now, as six hits from a fire flower is the equivalent to one stomp. This means, if you want to use fire flower only, you'll have to hit the boss 24 times. I enjoy doing fire flower-only boss runs just for the sake of the challenge, really.

Even if the difficulty may not be that hard according to what a lot were stating I am still planning to get this game. Most 2D Mario games I played were not as hard as playing Super Mario Bros., mostly due to getting a lot of 1-ups. Mario games always end up being fun in one way or another despite difficulty.

I can't buy this, I used up the money I saved to get Mario Kart Wii.
I fell in love with the DS version, I can't wait until I can buy this one ^_^

Well, I got the game now.

The Star Coins are somewhat harder to find in some levels, also when I got to World 3, I had about 70 Lives.

Now at World 4 with 99 Lives. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back