Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay said:
Sonic isn't going to die until SEGA goes out of business.

Sonic shouldn't die now, not with terrible games being his last. I want Sonic to go out with a bang.

I do not think that will happen with the modern Sonic games. Sonic will die soon if sega doesn't pull a good idea out of their 'hind quarters' soon.

Quite frankly, I haven't bought anything after Heroes. Everything else I've rented or borrowed from a friend. Why? Because nowadays, nearly every one of them sucks. Sonic 360 was epic fail, Secret Rings is only good for the party games, Rush was the closest thing to decent SEGA has thrown out in ages.

On another note, Sonic is pretty much their last hope. Had they not closed the door on NiGHTS, Ulala, and many others, They might have had some backup options. Too late now...

Blue Warrior said:
Someone linked this on IRC yesterday. Very interesting read, and I think it's relevant to the topic.

http://www.tssznews.com/2009/01/05/the-blog-sega-doesnt-want-you-to-read/
I don't want to believe... But this could probably be the truth.... But... Sonic Unleashed was so fun. Just when I thought SEGA was picking themselves up I hear this disheartening message?

Someone hold me and tell me this is just a bad dream....

Well really I think that Sonic Team should drop out of SEGA and take Sonic with them. Isn't SEGA the one hurting Sonic Team in the first place? or do I have that backwards? And wasn't it Sonic Team who made Sonic in the first place?

sonic260 said:
Well really I think that Sonic Team should drop out of SEGA and take Sonic with them. Isn't SEGA the one hurting Sonic Team in the first place? or do I have that backwards? And wasn't it Sonic Team who made Sonic in the first place?
Yuji Naka co-created Sonic with some other dude, and yes, they belonged to Sonic Team.
But think about it... If Sonic Team did leave SEGA would they bring VE Animation Studios along with them? They should cause then, Sonic would still have someone to provide top notch graphics.

I... honestly don't know what to think... I grew up with Sonic since I was 4 or 5 (10 years of fandom straight) and honestly, he's become a friend to me. Like an imaginary brother that I could look up to. What would most of the Sonic fandom do without Sonic?

Plus, the dude may really have worked with SEGA but can you believe all he said? Let us not forget that people of the press tend to lie to make their stories more interesting and eye catching.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I... honestly don't know what to think... I grew up with Sonic since I was 4 or 5 (10 years of fandom straight) and honestly, he's become a friend to me. Like an imaginary brother that I could look up to. What would most of the Sonic fandom do without Sonic?
I'd probably kill myself. I think of Sonic the same way Tails does, he was my idle (I'm embarrassed to admit that I had some pretend Sonic adventures as a child ^_^) And I can't imagine the video gaming community without the speed of sound. Sure there's always Pokemon and Nintendo stuff, but it just isn't the same... I just can't believe SEGA really was the cause of all of this...
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Plus, the dude may really have worked with SEGA but can you believe all he said? Let us not forget that people of the press tend to lie to make their stories more interesting and eye catching.
You're right, I let my emotions get in the way and I wasn't thinking straight -.-'

sonic260 said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I'd probably kill myself. I think of Sonic the same way Tails does, he was my idle (I'm embarrassed to admit that I had some pretend Sonic adventures as a child ^_^) And I can't imagine the video gaming community without the speed of sound. Sure there's always Pokemon and Nintendo stuff, but it just isn't the same...
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
You're right, I let my emotions get in the way and I wasn't thinking straight -.-'
To be perfectly honest.... When I was 6, I wanted to be just like Sonic. I would keep re-watching the OVA movie and then go outside, find a friend and we'd play out an adventure.

If Sonic was to be given up on.... I would find a way to bring him back, somehow.

that blog thingy does explain why the games have been the pits recently. . A.

I still stand by my thoughts that Sonic Team should move on to Nintendo, for Mario seems to be doing rather alright these days.

Sides, I grew up with Sonic, not Sega, so I could care less what happens to them.

Django Urikashima said:

I still stand by my thoughts that Sonic Team should move on to Nintendo, for Mario seems to be doing rather alright these days.

Sides, I grew up with Sonic, not Sega, so I could care less what happens to them.
If Sega/Sonic Team dies, then that's the end of Sonic.

Django Urikashima said:

SEGA's done quite enough, yessir. But will they let SonicTeam leave with the famed mascot? This is one battle I must watch.... For the sake of Sonic, we want fantastic gaming. (Although, to be quite honest, Unleashed was fantastic.)

undefined said:
Django Urikashima said:

SEGA's done quite enough, yessir. But will they let SonicTeam leave with the famed mascot? This is one battle I must watch.... For the sake of Sonic, we want fantastic gaming. (Although, to be quite honest, Unleashed was fantastic.)
At least the Wii version was...

sonic260 said:
undefined said:
Django Urikashima said:

At least the Wii version was...
I played the 360 version, and I personally prefer that version over the Wii (although I'm not complaining that I got the Wii version of the game.)

Sonic is my favorite video game character, period, to heck with mario, I hate him, links pretty good but not like sonic, samus is also good but also not as good as sonic, I have played and beaten every sonic game, good or bad, when people criticize him I get angry, heck, when I was a kid I had dreams I was in sonics world helping him.

I say sega better let sonic team have a big break from sonic for other games like nights (who is also pretty good) so they could go back when they are ready and can put everything into it instead of being forced to make a game they need a break from.

If sonic goes down, then I don't know what I would do but I wouldn't be happy.

If Sonic died, SEGA would go down, and the and the Internet would have a gigantic uprising. Everywhere you go you'd find seriously PISSED OFF Sonic fans mad at everything. (I'd be expelled from my school, I know that)

I'd say Sonic should be taken a break of but as a kid I played his games but I didn't look up to him. I, personally don't like Sonic and his new games after Sa2. Sonic chronicles and sonic unleashed was ok but I don't think a cocky blue hedgehog will last that long. We've had some good times him and he's been having ok games but he's not really something that I think will last long. He's also something that I wouldn't look up to. I say Sonic should be put to rest. That is just how I feel and you guys won't hange my opinion with what ever you say. I prefer Mario games over his and I don't like Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back