• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My Very Own Map!! (Not very good just yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good for a first map, but I agree that there should be more variety as the place seems barren.

Ok. Working on it.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Guys. How do you make a level end post work? and how do you make slopes?

Here are some more screenshots. The stage is pretty much done, but I'm gonna put the flowers in the stage to make it look more like a Green Kingdom. There may be a second act when this one is completely done, I'm not too sure yet.

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 302
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 260
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 272
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
SCREENSHOTS: Decorations!

I have now put some decorations into the stage! The first and last part of the stage (grass/greenery) has Green Flower Zone's flowers. When you go in to the castle (it's a mini castle) you have Techno Hill Zone's flowers.

Attachments

• srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 301
  • srb20007.png
    srb20007.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 318
  • srb20008.png
    srb20008.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 332
  • srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    138 KB · Views: 326
  • srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 335
Is your map just one long, linear hallway? It sure looks like that. Take some time to add separate routes for players to go. Part of what makes Sonic games (SRB2 especially) is giving the player options for getting through a stage. Put something really high up so Knuckles and Tails players are rewarded for exploring, for instance.
There's a couple other things I could mention, but that's the biggest one.

My notes :
* That blue texture you used doesn't fit at all .
* The emeralds aren't well hidden .
* The rings aren't floating , Give them "ambush" flag to fix this .
* The layout design is extremely basic .
* Make a thok barrier to prevent the players from walking through the walls .

My notes :
* That blue texture you used doesn't fit at all .
* The emeralds aren't well hidden .
* The rings aren't floating , Give them "ambush" flag to fix this .
* The layout design is extremely basic .
* Make a thok barrier to prevent the players from walking through the walls .

How I change the blue texture to another?

If your theme is going to be a kingdom, I suggest that you don't make it into one big castle, though it can be part of the map. I don't know what type of kingdom you are really going for, but it if it is like a medieval style, you can have villages and churches and stuff for scenic stuff. Maybe it can lead into a huge palace of Versailles type of castle idk. When you are making decoration, don't be afraid to use buildings and sectors as part of the decoration as well as decoration things. You can also use the more decorative sectors as a part of the game play too.

Green Kingdom BETA!

So, I have put more progress into this version. This is not a submission, it is another preview (beta) of the wad.

UPDATES:

It uses Castle Eggman Zone Act 1's Music Track (as a placeholder), because I haven't made the custom music for it just yet. (should be in the next version).

Changed Textures

New route for Tails/Knuckles (you get a 1-up, then you have to go back to the original route)

A few more new features

FUTURE:

Thok Barrier

Enjoy!

Sorry.... no screenshots today :)

Attachments

• GreenKingdom.rar
    6.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Hey guys.

I am giving you the song for the map that I only just made.

Enjoy the song :)

Attachments

• Green Kingdom Music.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 211
Damn, that's trippy. Do you have a soundcloud or anything?

Nah, I don't own a Sound Cloud. I am still trying to find a music maker or something.

I might get fl studio, as that is one of the best music makers. Actually, ya know what.... That's what I'm gonna do.

Thanks for mentioning sound cloud. I'm gonna make an account.

Green Kingdom is pretty much done (still need to ambush the rings).

I've decided to make it into a level pack. It's called Sonic Lost Adventure. It has a custom .dat file (game configuration) It obviously includes Green Kingdom.

New Stages. Lost Castle and Desert Escape.

More are planned to be made.

Future Versions: Maps will be longer

And many more to come :)

I highly suggest gaining more experience with mapping before you decide to make a whole level pack. Making great levels, not to mention lots of them, takes skill and a good deal of effort. I have a map right now that I have been working on for months and haven't finished it. Releasing the map you've made is perfectly fine, but the community's feedback will prove quite valuable when creating new levels in the future.

TL;DR: Making lots of good levels takes skill and patience. Get the community's feedback on this one before starting new ones.

I'm gonna have to cancel it....

Hey guys, FoxBoy8.

Sorry that I haven't been updating the wad as much as I was before. Unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel it. My laptop broke, so I can't continue it, but I am going to get a new laptop soon, so I can remake it.

Thanks For Reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back