• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Single Player Collab submission thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayod42.jpg
350v3w8.jpg
sngrp5.jpg
2vx0nkp.jpg
33tm421.jpg
f36gsl.jpg
rtomis.jpg
2hp7two.jpg

Some textures (the first 5 should be used as flats too) for Cloudy Domain. Obviously inspired by Marble, Sky Sanctuary and Deep Sea!

While I haven't technically claimed Steam Engine Act 3 yet (though I have sent and re-sent a PM to Whackjood), I've completed a steampunk Metal Sonic boss that could be used for it. Once again, for more detailed information, screenshots, and a WAD download link, take a look at the spoiler below.

"Iron" because that material was often used for creating machinery during the Victorian era IIRC. Iron Sonic can jump and spindash just like a player, but he also adds a few abilities of his own into the mix, such as leaping into the background (this is a 2D fight, by the way) and shooting projectiles out of the cannon in his chest. Since he will hopefully be the boss of the 7th zone, he's rather difficult, but not moreso than he should be from what I can tell.

TmhDQ.png

By the way, if you collide with each other and both of you are in ball form, he'll damage you without getting hurt himself.

Object Slots: 400-410
State Slots: 2000-2125, 2272-2332 (The gap in the middle is where the Egg Blazer's states fit)
Sprite Slot: F025

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88o8hi58spaptag/SteamEngine3-v02.wad
Iron Sonic, like the Egg Blazer, isn't as visually appealing as he could be. Besides his arena being little more than a gray box (which I will fix once SEZ1 and/or SEZ2 is started and SEZ's general theme is established), he's currently using Blade's Metal Sonic sprites, which are not steampunk-ish at all. In other words, he basically requires custom sprites, so I would appreciate it if someone could create them.

As always, criticism, suggestions, glitch reports, and feedback in general is appreciated. Thanks for replying, if you decide to.

(CURRENT: Iron Sonic version 2.2 released. Compatability with other bosses fixed.)

---

Since Honeyhive is (or was) the only zone in the level pack with no level-related content, I decided to SOC some enemies for it, partially based on the ones planned for the zone by Charybdizs. Here is the list of enemies and their attributes, as well as a download link for a test WAD:

Larva: The zone's grunt enemy. Moves along the ground slightly faster than a Blue Crawla. Should be rather plentiful, but not overwhelmingly so.
Sub-sprite slots: A (Standing, crawling animation 1), B (Crawling animation 2)

Soldier: Airborne and stationary. Fires its stinger at the player one they enter its range and then self-destructs. Rather weak, and should be placed with medium frequency.
Sub-sprite slots: C (Standing), D (Stinger)

Flasher: Airborne and reminiscient of the firefly enemies from Mystic Cave. Does an electric dash attack and then retreats while staying at the same altitude. Pretty powerful, and should be placed in areas where it is in a position to damage the player while platforming or ascending a honey-fall.
Sub-sprite slots: E (Standing), F (Dash animation 1), G (Dash animation 2)

Honey Sprayer: An airborne enemy that flies directly at the player, dropping sticky honey that will freeze the player in place for a few seconds on contact. It cannot damage the player unless they walk off of a ledge into it, and it is possible to get stuck in honey forever if the Sprayer drops it on you contiuously. For this reason, it should always be placed in areas with nearby Deadly Drones and/or out-of-player's-reach Wasp Defenders.
Sub-sprite slots: H (Standing), I (Flying animation 1), J (Flying animation 2)

Deadly Drone: A grounded enemy that chases after the player slightly faster than a Red Crawla. Its jaws release a damaging poison that can be deflected with the Elemental Shield. The only way to kill this enemy is by having it fall into water, so it should not be overplaced, and would be best used in combination with a squad of Larvae.
Sub-sprite slots: K (Standing), L (Crawling animation 1), M (Crawling animation 2)

Wasp Defender: Similar to an upgraded version of the Soldier. Like an actual wasp, it can use its stinger multiple times without dying. Rather powerful, and should therefore only be placed in a few areas, including the ones with Honey Sprayers but without Deadly Drones.
Sub-sprite slots: N (Standing), O (Stinger)

Hive: Hangs from tree branches, platforms, ceilings, ledges, etc. If the player gets too close, the hive will fall down to the ground and burst open, releasing four Larvae and a Wasp Defender. Should always be possible to steer clear of. The surfaces it hangs from should always be 384 fracunits above the next lowest surface, and the Hives should be placed at 320 fracunits above that lower surface.
Sub-sprite slots: P (Hanging, dropping)

Object Slots: 324-333
State Slots: 1828-1871
Sprite Slot: F012

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jwc3e8xfgnm9yw/hhzenemies.wad
As with pretty much everything I've created for this pack so far, these enemies could use some new sprites, especially the Deadly Drones, who are severely lacking in the enormous-jaw department (and should also have spikes covering their entire body or something similar so they look as invincible as they are). Also, I do not claim ownership of the bees' current sprites.

(CURRENT: Honey Hive enemies version 1.3 released. Hive A_Look distance modified.)

Last edited:
I'm sorry I haven't been able to finish and release a boss for so long, but real life has frequently been getting in the way. Anyway, I now present to you the literal mother of all HHZ robotic bees:

This boss battle takes place on a transport elevator based off of Charybdizs' orginal arena concept and partially submerged in poisonous brownish honey. Here, you face the queen of the hive herself, complete with a honey launcher, a dash attack, the ability to fire stingers at you, and her signature move--sending eggs raining down on the arena that hatch into pesky larvae. Also, the Queen Bee has very few invulnerability frames, allowing you to attempt to damage her at almost any time as long as you are willing to risk it.

WDXSm.png

The targets are there for a reason: avoiding cheap hits.

Object Slots: 400-411
State Slots: 2000-2166
Sprite Slot: F027

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1gsbtalu0u96oh/HoneyHive3-v02.wad
As with everything else that I've made for the level collab, the Queen Bee could use some new sprites. As of now, she's more or less just an enlarged recolor of her smaller, weaker counterparts.

As always, criticism, suggestions, glitch reports, and feedback in general is appreciated. Thanks for replying, if you decide to.

(CURRENT: Queen Bee version 2.2 released. Compatability with other bosses fixed.)

---

This boss was a rather simple one to create, as you can probably tell if you've played it. Based off of the original concept for Gravity Garden's third act, it's rather easy and quite short if you know what you're doing.

The tall, cylindrical room that houses this boss is filled with hovering platforms that sink too low for you to jump to the higher ones if you stand on them for too long. The Egg Skater itself is rather weak, its only direct attack being dropping bombs on the player that have a 64-fracunit explosion radius. After six hits, the water on the room's ceiling will switch to normal gravity and fall down to the floor, submerging everything but Eggman himself. The drowning timer added during the climb up the platforms (should you happen to fall off of the top layer during the pinch state) is really the only thing in this boss battle that can actually kill you if you aren't suicidal.

Wwed0.png

Please don't make comments about how it's just another Egg Mobile. D:

Object Slots: 412-413
State Slots: 2167-2193
Sprite Slot: F028

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/etf3rtifaf0faqd/GravityGarden3-v01.wad?m
As with everything else that I've made for the level collab, the Egg Skater could use some new sprites. As of now, it looks like the Egg Mobile dropping bombs. That's it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back