Techno Hill Zone 2 Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustyGun

aka. Exoticus
Link to latest crash report: http://pastebin.com/e4gpQcgy

At the beginning of THZ act 2, right when I go around to jump on the first pipe, the game frequently ends up crashing. I notice it is more likely to happen if I am playing as a custom character(i.e Shadow, FSonic). I play with the software renderer.

Screenshot of where the game crashes attached. Please help, it is very annoying!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 385
Could you post the error report? (Open srb2win.RPT, look for the last horizontal line of dashes, and paste everything after that into either a pastebin or directly into your post. Make sure to check before you post it in case there's any information in the file path you'd rather not post!)

Nice I'm blind

Code:
C:\Users\RedEnchilada\SRB2\2.1>gdb srb2win.exe.debug
[...]
Reading symbols from C:\Users\RedEnchilada\SRB2\2.1\srb2win.exe.debug...done.
(gdb) break *0x4233a5
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4233a5: file z_zone.c, line 201.

https://github.com/STJr/SRB2/blob/master/src/z_zone.c#L201 ??? Either we're writing to arrays out-of-bounds again or something's up with your setup. Could you post your config.cfg (and autoexec.cfg if you've set one up)?

The game won't add anything to srb2win.RPT of this version.

Yeah this is a known issue with 2.1.16, it can't output anything to srb2win.RPT for some reason. (which is a shame, the .RPT usually helps us a LOT with backtracing when a certain function was called and such, and it would be really helpful here now actually)

TrustyGun, perhaps giving us details on what you're using to play SRB2 would help too? Just in case it is a PC-specific thing like others have suggested, though let's not rule out all other possibilities so soon please guys. =P

Last edited:
Hey, do you still get crashes in THZ2 as of 2.1.17? Now that it can produce srb2win.RPT logs again, you'd be able to post the crash log from that if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back