• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

AntiLand 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ors

Custom User Title
Tribute to AntiChamber!

I've started a new version of 2.0.6 Anti-land. Now the veriosn is 2.1.8 and it has a lot of Lua use in the obstacles. This video tells something about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ63KgT1mUg

Features and upcoming features:
• Annoying obstacles
• A lot of secret teleports
• Secret places
• Mysterious spheres (collect them to enter the exit room)
• "Toss Flag" to return to the start.
I just show the video now. I'll make a demo WAD some day if it makes any sense.

Last edited:
The first AntiLand was a treat in itself, I can safely say that I'm excited for this too.

I don't want to be dead! I'll continue this to the end, just needed a little break...
Anyway, here's some interesting new progress on AntiLand 2: Every single way ends up to "main crossroads"
EDIT: It teleposts you to the same place from 10 places in future, so don't expect to get back by going backwards from the main crossroads.
srb20001.gif

srb20002.gif

srb20003.gif

srb20004.gif

The textures are more bright than before. Don't say they're too simple, they're too complicated to be nowhere.

There's also a new colour palette. Its difference to normal SRB2 palette is that it's more colorful, so it fits to AntiLand purpose with colourful blocks (and objects in future). Also, the new teleporting Lua code makes you able to make seamless teleports that actually turn 90 or 180 degrees. (or any other angle)

Last edited:
I'm really excited to play this one too~
I guess all I can do is wishing you luck with that second act!

Cool! I enjoyed AntiChamber quite a bit, for it's unique-ness and design. Maybe this will inspire some more mind-bending levels, original or not. [The Sonic Parable anyone?]

Cool! I enjoyed AntiChamber quite a bit, for it's unique-ness and design. Maybe this will inspire some more mind-bending levels, original or not. [The Sonic Parable anyone?]

Sonic parable? Are you serious? Cool idea but it needs a LOT of work. Would be cool if someone made that. (not me, at least not alone. =P)

Sonic parable? Are you serious? Cool idea but it needs a LOT of work. Would be cool if someone made that. (not me, at least not alone. =P)
In all seriousness, that would be very hard. Getting a narrator would be a pain, but creating a bunch of alternate paths and storylines could be fun. You might not even need a narrator, thanks to csay.

"Sonic came to a set of two Crawlas. He destroyed the one on his left."

Here's a ball that the player has to stare at:

srb20006.gif

If you look somewhere else with your crosshair, you'll get a bunch of "fail" messages. (later it'll teleport you to the start of the obstacle)

And "later" as in "if you keep not looking at it" or "later in development, instead of saying fail"? If the latter, sure. If the first... What about the people who play without console printings when the console is closed (me)?

And "later" as in "if you keep not looking at it" or "later in development, instead of saying fail"? If the latter, sure. If the first... What about the people who play without console printings when the console is closed (me)?
Of course I mean development. XD It would be crazy to have fail messages in actual game.

If you don't look at it, you will fail (Die, probably)
SRBCP Containment Breach confirmed.

That's a very cool conept man! I'm very interested in this right now :D

Ah, well that's fair. It'd be cool to see some more gimmicks like this. Will there some platforming challenges like in Sonic VR as well, challenging your knowledge of the mechanics?

Ah, well that's fair. It'd be cool to see some more gimmicks like this. Will there some platforming challenges like in Sonic VR as well, challenging your knowledge of the mechanics?

The only platforming challenges will be crazy and have a different logic. In other words you have to find the way up (or down).

The only platforming challenges will be crazy and have a different logic. In other words you have to find the way up (or down).
Perfect. After all, this IS called "Anti-Land 2", so it'd make sense. But having some basic challenge and then throwing the player off with something new might work.

Perfect. After all, this IS called "Anti-Land 2", so it'd make sense. But having some basic challenge and then throwing the player off with something new might work.

Yup.
There's a tutorial area (the basic challenge) that explains you the idea and tells you the most important things. After that player will be able to enter main crossroads, the entrance to everywhere.

Well, the ending room of Antiland 1 is a good example of the platforming that I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back