Fixed Springs make Rope Hangs ungrabbable in Wind/Current FOFs with "Effect 4" flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
Springs make Rope Hangs ungrabbable in Wind/Current FOFs with "Effect 4" flag

See for yourselves what I mean by playing this short test map of mine (MAP01), since I can't just post a screenshot to show this bug:

http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/380WaterslideRopeHangTest.wad

You are in a DSZ-style under-water slide, and there are several blue springs in front of you, and a static rope "net" in front of those.

Try and grab onto that net using the blue springs.

...you will find that as you touch the net thing, instead of grabbing onto it as you'd expect to happen, YOU PASS RIGHT THROUGH IT.

...if you think this is happening because I made the rope hang net wrong, try jumping onto it without the springs. You'll find it works as it should. =/

EDIT: There corrected the title. =S

Last edited:
I can confirm this bug, but would like to add that normally you can't grab onto a static rope if you're going up from a spring jump, but as you come down you can.

So, it's basically some screw up with the player state change, caused by the mix up of Effect 4 on the current and the spring jump that messes with the ability to hang on static ropes, I assume.

Last edited:
You can only hang on a rope if you are moving downward. This allows you to jump off of them.

I think SSNTails meant to explain me that in any circumstance (bugs apart) the player only grabs onto a (static) rope if the player is falling, not just spring jumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back