• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostgame

...for X-treme.

1. How do you get rid of/change the cutscenes in SRB2.wad?
2. How do you edit menu text is SRB2.wad?
3. How do you remove Tails and Knuckles as playable characters?
4. Can you make it so that when you say "New game" it takes you right to GFZ 1 without any other crap?

Thanking you in advance, Lostgame

Oh, and by the way, I use XWE not CRAPsea er... DEEPsea

Ooh... The dudes who made DeepSea are gonna be MAD!!!

Try using an SOC entry to take Tails and Knuckles off the list in the menu. I'm sure it's possible, but I don't know how.

1. How do you get rid of/change the cutscenes in SRB2.wad?
Use a SOC to make a blank cutscene. See the topic in the Archives for how SOCs work.

2. How do you edit menu text is SRB2.wad?
I'm assuming that's "in", and it depends what you're trying to do. If you're trying to change the font, you just make a new font and place it in your WAD file with the same names as the lumps in srb2.srb. If you're trying to change the words, you can't without altering the source code.

3. How do you remove Tails and Knuckles as playable characters?
You don't unless you alter the source code.

4. Can you make it so that when you say "New game" it takes you right to GFZ 1 without any other crap?
You don't unless you alter the source code.

One more quick question.

You've set up sonic.plr in such an idiotic way. You have a

"PLAYA1" file and then an "PLAYa1" file and it can really screw you up if you edit it. XWE does not allow lowercase letters. Without using CRAPsea... what the heck do I do?

DeepSea will not do lowercase either. The only way to do them is to name it something else and rename it with lumpmod last minute.

The reason we do that is that we have more animation than there are allowable letters.

Thank you. I can now continue with Sonic X-treme. By the way, I will release the first demo as my easter present to everyone.

ONE more thing:
Is there a way to control the "in the air" height of the rings or other objects? As you know, X-treme was all over the place for gravity and this is going to be accomplished by the "adventure-style" ring riding. But because the levels are based around that, it's a pain to use objectplace. Also, objectplace is really unpersice. Can you help me?

You can edit the bitset of the Things, I forget what the process was for figuring out what to put though. I think it was Height of thing - Height of sector * 16 (32 for some things), convert to Hex, + 7.

The object height is controlled by the Bitset.

For any object that the multi tag does not do anything, the formula is

Bitset = Height * 16 + Flags

The flags are normally 7 (Easy + Normal + Hard), but you'll often find 15 as well (Easy + Normal + Hard + Deaf).

The number is then converted to hex, and placed under Bitset (Under "Edit Raw Data" in WadAuthor).

For anything with a multi tag effect (Player Starts, Eggman), multiply by 32 instead of 16.

The maximum height possible with this is 4095 for normal objects, 2047 for multi objects. Beyond that and you'll have to use Insta-lower, which is rather annoying.

Insta-lower cannot be combined with objectplace/bitset editing. If you use insta-lower, everything has to be at the same height.

You're right about PLAYA1 and PLAYa1, it is idiotic. I've come up with code changes to make it use other characters, so the next demo should be better in that regard (although backwards compatibility will be broken).

a441 said:
Insta-lower cannot be combined with objectplace/bitset editing. If you use insta-lower, everything has to be at the same height.

They can be combined... Just make sure you place the objects with the instalower-affected sector not "insta lower"ed.

Nope, it doesn't work. I remember something going wrong in my experiments, like respawn or player starts not functioning correctly. It was a while ago; getting back to it and fixing the bugs is on my todo list.

Oh, well, respawn definitely wouldn't work. But I doubt that would come up in a single player creation.

Insta-lower is simple. A floor just drops when the level loads.

Okay... a quick code question.

Which C file includes the menu stuff?
m_menu.c?
I took a quick look but I didn't find it. I found the character stuff, but not the menu text.

Ok, I got that, now where the heck is the .prj file? You said it was included, but there is no prj file in it! It's no wonder nobody has done anything with the code!

I guess you've lost all hope in me as a C++ programmer.

I can do it though!

Is there any special instructions that I should read before I edit the code? That should be the last question for a while.

New error:missing a tmap.obj

I need the file to compile the code.

I can't get the file, it won't make it.

I haven't even edited the code so far, it's just exactly what came in the SRB2src.exe

Why can't you ever just give anyone the file or the link? Geeeez...

Why don't I look it up? 'Cuz I get this crap:

NASM is an organization dedicated to provide professional leadership and education to the service ... highly recognized as a sales and marketing tool.

National Air and Space Museum This World Wide Web (WWW) site allows online visits or virtual fieldtrips to the National Air and Space Museum (NASM)

Welcome to NASM
Addressing fitness, sports performance, and sports medicine. Live, online, and home-study courses.
www.nasm.org

NASM is an organization of schools, colleges, and universities that offer music studies...

ALSO... I got nasm. It came with nothing but the executable, and so I typed in "nasm tmap.nas" in dos and it just did a huge thing of each line of code and I don't know how to use it. AND there might be some SRB2-specific stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back