Mario Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrow

Old-school composer
Yes, many of you have seen this. But it's been updated. With actual (pretty) graphical maps.

Yes, it's off-topic. But... this is "Off-Topic". XD

Basically, my latest project (forgetting the fact that I'm supposed to be making music for SRB2 as we speak and keep putting it off) is taking all the areas from the various Mario games and making a planetary map out of it. I'm placing all those areas on 12 major countries on 3 continents (the first 5 lands from SMB3 being the 5 countries on the western continent, the last 3 on the eastern continent, and the 4 lands from SML1 being in the central continent), and there are several islands too. By the way, I used CC2 from ProFantasy.com to make these.

Text File - This is the text layout of it all.

PNG File - This is the western continent in its entirety.

PNG File - And here's the eastern continent. Everything else I'm still working on.

Aw, rats, I was hoping you meant you were making a Mario map for SRB2. Although I guess that wouldn't be off-topic.

a441 said:
Aw, rats, I was hoping you meant you were making a Mario map for SRB2. Although I guess that wouldn't be off-topic.

You're not alone. I thought they would be maps for SRB2 too!

I don't understand the point of trying to geographically map a fantasy world that totally changes with each new game. I doubt the designers take location into account.

you want to look at a total fantasy world change look at sonic.
Some sonic fans argue over this pointless stuff. (trust me, I've seen threads over at sonic hq that have lasted a dozen pages in length because they disagree that sonic cd dosn't exist becuase it isn't "canon" enough, or that sonic 1... well you get the idea.)

every video game or collection of games exists in its own independent universe, thats the way I solve it

Mystic said:
They don't. Who cares? It's FUN.

Exactly. I don't give a crap if the designers make a new game and screw it up. For that matter, it's not a guarunteed screwup. They certainly never made their own map, so I can take plenty of liberties, change what I already have, and get it set back up. As a perfect example, Paper Mario took me forever to properly put in, but it's there.

This is fun. So I'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back