Let's move HDIJ off the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
We've already had large disputes over this whole subforum. Some people say it's hurting the MB and needs to be removed, while some people are saying this is helpful because it lets the forum lighten up and be stupid for once.

Let's improvise.

Because the main problem is that this gets in the way of some people's regular SRB2MB coasting, let's say we remove HDIJ from this forum and put it onto another forum. Like, perhaps... this one? Hey, it's the highlight over there anyway, why not?

Of course, one could argue that if it's not something this community would think of going to, then it's just as good as not existing. In such case, we could make a locked forum or a single sticky that would point to the cesspool for the community's convenience and pleasure.

What do you think?

No.

We move it, and the concentration of spam here is released back into the normal MB.

And do we REALLY want that?

Good luck with that, BW.

ShadowHog and Spazzo run this part of the town. Their rules, not mine.

Ghost_Zero said:
No.

We move it, and the concentration of spam here is released back into the normal MB.

And do we REALLY want that?
Blue Warrior said:
Of course, one could argue that if it's not something this community would think of going to, then it's just as good as not existing. In such case, we could make a locked forum or a single sticky that would point to the cesspool for the community's convenience and pleasure.

Sonict said:
Good luck with that, BW.

Shadow Hog runs this part of the town. His rules, not mine.
He's right. Master Shadow Hog was the one that created this area, so ask him about this, Blue Warrior. It's not really going to help if you post a thread unless he sees it, and I don't think that's going to happen tonight.

Zion Crayson said:
Sonict said:
Good luck with that, BW.

Shadow Hog runs this part of the town. His rules, not mine.
He's right. Master Shadow Hog was the one that created this area, so ask him about this, Blue Warrior. It's not really going to help if you post a thread unless he sees it, and I don't think that's going to happen tonight.

The reason why this is a thread is that I want feedback on this idea. Yes, I realize SH probably won't see this, which is why I PM'd him as well.

You could instead advertise adfs in this sub-forum as an alternative to HDIJ. People like having options, we don't have to remove it altogether. This place could be better if it weren't for all this Ozzaps war crap, useless random garbage, and "Do XXX to the above user". I'd prefer to use HDIJ mainly as a place for lighter subjects that can't be discussed in General Discussion. Forum games are getting kinda boring...

I agree that HDIJ is hurting the MB, but there are good, funny topics such as 'Stupid Images' and 'Caption the above avatar' then there are pointless ones. (Sorry, too many to list)
But in all, if HDIJ were to be removed, the spam would eventually find it's way in to all of the other topics. Which isn't what we want.
HDIJ is good because it allows people to let loose a bit and have some fun.
But it does seem to be distracting people from the other topics. (Releases, general discussion etc.)

The admins will do what they think will be best,
As for the forums, just go to the rest.
The rest of the subforums, they need to grow.
It's something you members should already know.

Sorry, just watched a Doctor Seuss video and my brain is still thinking in rhyme.

I don't think I was in the brightest of moods yesterday, so it would probably be a good idea for me to clear up any misunderstandings on the reasoning behind this.

Earuto said:
If you don't like HDIJ then why come here into this subforum and try to ruin it for everyone else?

Maybe I'm just impatient on comments like this, but it's quite evident to me that some people on this forum don't know how to read.

Firstly and foremost, I stated that this wouldn't destroy the subforum, it would move it somewhere else. The reasoning of my idea wasn't to kill off HDIJ, but to separate it from the MB, because a lot of the community likes it, while some of the community wishes it would just die already. To place it somewhere else would keep it living, yet nobody would have to look at it if they didn't want to. It was something to try to make everyone happy, not just appeal to a slight majority.

I am negative about this subforum, but it's mixed feelings more than anything. Yeah, I have felt that my Asdf was more successful than this, but it's not out of arrogance rather than my concern for how HDIJ is run. There are still some subpar topics, but overall, HDIJ is better off than it started.

I visit the SRB2MB mostly for serious discussion, and also as a main source of communication with the SRB2 community. I've already explained on IRC that I use the new posts search for this (apparently, I'm one of the few people that do this, but it's what I always do on phpBB forums and it's very convenient), and with HDIJ along, half the new posts are that single subforum. This bugs me because I'm easily distracted... though I wouldn't say that's any valid reason for why HDIJ should go.

Shadow Hog and the others have pointed out why this particular "moving HDIJ" idea wouldn't work, and that's fine by me -- encouraged, actually. But I don't want to hear your insipid whining that I'm trying to ruin your fun.

Spazzo said:
https://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?p=296795#296795

I should have made myself clear earlier on this subject, but late is better than never.

The slope prank was a brilliant one, and it was nicely executed. I have nothing wrong with the staff fooling around, really. I'm quite against the hierarchy that the forum has had for a long time, and it's good to see the feeling is shared among other people.

My stance on this joke isn't "butthurt", as I've heard it put more than once; as a matter of fact, I was suspicious of this the second I heard it. I knew you couldn't be as stupid as to blatantly post 1.1 on the forum just to get it deleted half a minute later, but what irritated me was having to guess whether it was real or not, because it just seems to me that, since HDIJ started, these practical jokes have been occurring way too frequently to be funny anymore. After the creation of HDIJ, Ozzaps, and Fapjack, I've had quite enough. Had the joke been executed any other time, I would certainly have welcomed it.

In any case, I'm sure some people would agree that I've been especially tense about the MB since HDIJ came along. Perhaps it would be best for both your sake and mine that I quit frequenting these forums as long as this forum is active, because clearly, I'm just creating a ruckus. Go ahead and just do your thing.

I personally agree with what Blue Warrior has to say, I tried to like HDIJ, but I can't. The kind of stupidity in the forum just isn't for me. I also feel its taking away use from all the other sub-forums, like General Disscussion.

As for BW ASDF forum, I don't like that, so I requested it to be invicible to me, perhaps users on this forum can do that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back