Conveyor pushable riding is slightly off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmint

‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
FreeCraftyCottontail.gif

DearestSatisfiedAmericancrow.gif

Last edited:
Knew that hack to get in pushable-riding abilities for players wouldn't work totally perfectly x_x

On the other hand, no gifs for the first issue?

I'm not sure how I'd get a gif of the first issue. Just turn on DEVMODE 2 and run in both directions on a conveyor. There should be no difference in your speed. Before the 2.1.12 patch running with the conveyor would make you move faster, while running against it would make you move slower.

Um, MOMX/MOMY in devmode show your real speed without taking conveyors into account. In previous 2.1.x versions, the code for normalizing speed was bugged and did take conveyor momentum into account when it shouldn't have, limiting your maximum speed to your "normal" speed plus whatever speed the conveyor was going when running with the conveyor belt.

Conveyors very much do affect your movement at any speed; it's not hard to test, just time yourself running from one end of the conveyor to the other, and then repeat it going the other direction.

Oh. Well, the conveyors definitely don't slow you down as much as they used to since you can reach running animation going both ways now, which along with the devmode fix made me think they weren't working.

After timing it, there's a clear difference, so I'll remove that part out of the bug report.

Last edited:
Oh. Well, the conveyors definitely don't slow you down as much as they used to since you can reach running animation going both ways now, which along with the devmode fix made me think they weren't working.
But this actually makes sense!

There's nothing stopping Sonic from reaching his full stride, someone's just pulling the rug from under his feet, so he doesn't go anywhere. The old behavior, where Sonic would apparently refuse to move his legs, is the one that makes no sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back