SetDisplayMode FAILED: Function call not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have come across an SRB2 error and would like other users who have encountered the same problem to share with me their ideas, solutions, and resolutions.

How it Happened: I started my computer normally one morning. I opened the SRB2 MS Launcher and clicked on a server, then clicked "Connect". As the program started to load up, an error dialog appeared, stating "SetDisplayMode FAILED: Function call not supported." I wondered what this meant and looked for answers online (Google/Ask.com), but no answers were found. I tried troubleshooting witht the display settings of srb2win.exe, but to no prevail.

And so brings me here asking the many players of SRB2 to aid me at my time of desperation and need.

Resolution problem, load it up in windowed mode and change the default resolution and it should work, if not change your screen resolution.

Use the net launcher then select manual resolution then go into options then video settings, then video modes then select the resolution you want and make that your default by pressing d

I made a mistake you don't have to put it in windowed mode.

SRB2 wouldn't open normally, so it would only run using windowed mode. I did what you said in windowed mode, and the only resolution that was apparent was 320x200. I selected it as default, and re-opened SRB2 normally, and it still said "SetDisplayMode FAILED: Function call not supported."

Project S.O.L.A.R.I.S. said:
SRB2 wouldn't open normally, so it would only run using windowed mode. I did what you said in windowed mode, and the only resolution that was apparent was 320x200. I selected it as default, and re-opened SRB2 normally, and it still said "SetDisplayMode FAILED: Function call not supported."
Because your screen cant go 320x200 full screen, so just use the net launcher and only click the manual resolution box and not windows and it should run srb2 with that resolution, if it still gives the same error change that resolution to 800x600 and if it still doesn't work turn your screen resolution down

If all else fails. Remove "config.cfg" You will have to redo your controls and other stuff, but it should work as a last resort.

The one resolution thing in Windowed mode in software mode is a known issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back