Grassy_Valley Zone (Match)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first match level and i like to call it the Grassy_Valley Zone.
I thought that this was a good level.

Screenshots:
srb20043.png

srb20042.png

srb2hgd.png

And finnaly the download link.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fv869b

Meadow Match-A level that plays all right, but is cursed with being extremely simple, IMHO.

You tried to emulate it, but it didn't make it AT ALL. This level is boring and flat, if not more so, than Meadow Match was. Which is saying something, because MM wasn't that terribly complex to begin with. There's a few problems with this map that make it just plain unplayable:

*Item boxes in only 3 parts of the level, 1 of which wouldn't be gathered at all in a normal game. Try to be more practical in where you place them.

*All the rings are on the raised platforms, and nearly none on the ground floor and in the water. How do you expect to fight others in this map when you have no rings to fight with?

*I don't know if others will agree with me on this, but the platforms are a bit...pointless. They are all kind of just...there. :/

These are just the things I noticed right off the bat. You might want to do something about these issues if you want to make this map even semi-playable.

Well i didn't even try to make it like Meadow Match but the the raised platform did take up alot of space maybe I can make it bigger. I also did put ring boxes on top of those floating platforms if you noticed but you can't see from the screenshot, did you try to go up there? Plus because of the raised platforms there wern't many places to put rings or boxes so I went and placed them there.

Yes. I downloaded it, and I ran around a bit in it. And let me tell you, getting to those boxes will not be worth it if your controls are delayed. I would suggest making less platforms and combining them into larger ones.

As for the item boxes themselves, four boxes in a single spot in a map this large is extremely excessive. No place to put your rings and boxes, you say?

*gazes at the mile-wide empty plain between rings*

I...don't think I follow you. You should make a few structures in that barren wasteland of an arena. >.>

I haven't played this, but looking at the screenshots, there's a few things you've missed out and could of done.

.The level lacks in screnery, put some sectors on the level with the same height as your sector and put DEM1_4 in. This gives ou flowers, and also use scenery objects too.

.It's also way to flat and it looks a bit kinda rushed. Spend some time in your maps. Put some more detail into it.

.Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't much rings from looking at the picture. Put some more in there to get a good ring stock for the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back