SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really good except it likes to glitch when I play splitscreen and after a while amy felt board and stopped racing and just watched everyone else race I'm not kidding

Brown the dog said:
Overall it might rival SRB2 2.0 but who knows.

I don't think so, not because its 2.0 and it has to be awesome in everyway, its just because, Srb2 Riders is a race mod, while Srb2 2.0 (Just srb2) is a platformer game. (On a second though, if game genres are not important, wich i think they are not, you might be right)

By the way, is just annoying when you just die while a bot (and only one bot) has crossed the finish line.

(Im gonna wait a little more before pointing bugs, or something so CZ64 can take a break =P)

Re: SRB2 Riders v1.46.4 (srb2riders.exe)

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:
If the launcher doesn't open, and you get an error relating to an .OCX file, then you need to register the file on your computer. I've put 3 of the most common OCX files along with the launcher, so put them somewhere you can get easy access when using the address bar. For example, in C:\. Then press the Start button on the Taskbar, and click on Run. In there, type "regsvr32 C:\n.ocx" without ", and where n is the file that the launcher is asking for. Do these for any more OCX that the launcher is asking for.

Just paste the OCX files on C:\, and type it the way I said so. It should say that it was successfully registered. For example:

regsvr32 C:\SYSINFO.OCX

SRB2 1.09.4 comes with its own config.cfg, which has fullscreen enabled. I didn't add that, so your config doesn't have that. Simply start the game, open the console, and type FULLSCREEN ON. Then you simply close the game, and it's saved.

Also, daiches, you can't start Single Player if it's modified. But either way, you just unlock Sonic R and Mario Kart, which you can access from the start by hosting. It's pointless.

I have made what do you say, but it continues.

Agent Hack said:
Violo said:
Okay, a big glitch. In 1280x800, the mini-map doesn't actually have the characters in them. They're somewhere in the middle of the screen and they have a bigger radius. Is it just me?

I have the same problem too. But I pretty much don't care for it.
For some reason, when you play in OpenGL Mode, the Mini-Map gets fixed from self.
I played in 1680x1050 and all the interface glitches (like level counter not low enough) have been fixed in OpenGL.

The new update has some of the following:

• Turtle Man's Mario Kart code, which allows you to throw an item ahead of you, or behind you. Simply hold Up or Down for that.
  • If you choose Cream, Cheese will automatically appear. But it you switch to another character, then Cheese will dissapear.
  • If there aren't any Waypoints on the map, then you will stop running.
  • You can't drown if you finished the race. By that, I mean you won't hear the Drowning sounds, or see the Countdown numbers.
  • If you didn't finish the race in NiGHTS mode, you instantly die when the countdown reaches 0.

But what it mainly has, is MattW_CFI's updates. Those include the following:

riderscreenshot.png

Using this screenshot, you can see four things. The time now contains milliseconds, making things more accurate.

Every time you touch a starpost, or the Finish Line, your position will be updated on the bottom-left side of the screen. I touched the starpost when two bots went ahead of me, so I am now 3rd.

The bottom of the screen now shows three sets of time that's frequently updated. The yellow time only appears after the First Lap has been cleared. It tells you how long it took you from two sets of starposts, or when you passed the Finish Line.

The white time is the actual time that you touched the starpost, or the Finish Line.

The red time is just how many seconds you're far away from the player/bot in 1st place. Right now, I am 54 milliseconds away. If you're ahead, then the time is blue, and it tells you how far away the 2nd player is from you.

The last thing is the console messages. Lower case font has been added.

• Bots also play smarter now.
  • Boosting is easier to control.
  • In Mario Kart, when you get an item, the HUD actually starts changing Items randomly, and you hear Mario Kart's random sounds being played.
  • There's a new Tournament Points screen in the Intermission, as seen in Sonic Riders and Mario Kart. Depending on your position at the end of the race, you will get either 10 points, 8, 6, and so on.

tournament.png

I came in first, so I get 10 more points. Amy came in last, so she will move from being in 4th to 7th place. Shadow came in 7th, so he will move down to 8th. Oh and by the way, this also means that you can now finish in 8th place in Single Player.

You can get the patch here:
http://cz64.sepwich.com/files/riderspatch.zip

Checkpoint time clarification:

Current lap time (only after lap 1)
Time you hit the starpost
Time behind / Time ahead

Not that hard to understand, but the yellow time can throw people off, so. =P

Well, I' trying to upload a review of the non-X version, but it isn't working.

Anyway, I found the Easter Egg, looks cool. The detail in the Flower Hill level is good.
*sigh*
I can't wait for the 2.0 version. =P

Chaos 0
My problem is about windows vista, i know is hard registre the ocx files
What can i do?
Is necessary use the ocx files or not?
because if it is not, please do not use the ocx files

Ack. Bug reports.

If you start a game as Cream, end it, start a new one as another character, you will still have Cheese.

In Mario Kart mode, I went into a bottomless bit while invincible. It froze and kept playing the music while the timer went up.

Conic said:
In Mario Kart mode, I went into a bottomless bit while invincible. It froze and kept playing the music while the timer went up.
Press the key assigned to button C. (default Z)

That's how it's always been for Mario Kart. I didn't touch that, if you were wondering.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Oh and by the way, this also means that you can now finish in 8th place in Single Player.

Thank you. The fact alone that you're no longer required to get first place makes SP that much less frustrating.

Technically, thank me, as that tournament points screen was the absolute last thing I added before handing the code over to CZ. But whatever. =P

What we need now is a way to tell all the people playing on the MS that "hey, there's an update to Riders, get it already dammit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back