Anyone here a fan of space combat games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegix

Generally Friendly
There's a phenomenal one of these on kickstarter right now.

I've gotten pretty close to addicted to the open alpha they have right now. Surgically destroying humongous carriers with a squad of other players, while fending off the attacks of an opposing team really tickles my fancy for this kind of game. :P

Not to mention how awesome it can be to actually co-ordinate a successful attack on the core of the enemy vessel (you actually need to go inside of it), and how stressful it is to have to fend one off yourself.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up in case the space combat genre was your cup of tea.

Oh my, I haven't played anything from this genre for a long time, in fact the last Space Combat game I played was Freespace 2 back in the very early 2000's.

The ooold flight simulator/space combat game Tie Fighter was the first video game I ever played a very long time ago. So I certainly have some early fond memories of the genre, even if I was horribly confused and had no idea what I was doing at the time.

Strike Suit Zero looks great though and I would love to pick that up when I get my computer that can actually run games up and running again.

Yeah, Strike Suit Zero was pretty good. The strike suit itself captures the Gundam fantasy of locking on to a million things and once and blowing them all up in one volley of missiles a reality. XD

Mind you, it has no "drift" maneuver so it really feels incomplete as a space game...

:P It made for a good game to tide me over until GoD factory had an alpha up.

FYI, the kickstarter ends in about 7 days, and it's nowhere near the goal.

If this game interest you, this is your last chance to back it!

I played quite a lot of Descent (and it's sequel) back when I was really young. Well I still do, though I don't play it as much as I really should. I would technically call it a space combat game; however you're flying in a one pilot ship blasting through robot infested mines on faraway planets instead of space itself. It has more of a FPS feel to it rather than an actual simulator so I'm not entirely sure if it fits in this category or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back