• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

a new wad shadic ce

Status
Not open for further replies.

sondow

i62811_SHDWLIFE.png
So, I started making this after I downloaded Srb2 2.0 & XWE.
i62806_SHADA1.png
i62808_SHADD3D7.png
i62807_SHADD1.png
i62809_SHADF0.png
i62810_Shadic2.png
i62812_SHDWNAME.png

This is what I have so far of him. Made from scratch for the most part.(Took his mouth area from shadow re)

Any Criticsim/Suggestions are welcome.
and i'realy need help

No offense my these sprites aren't even remotely good man. Let me give you a list why this really is bad.

1. It has no shading.
2. It looks like Shadowre without shading.
3. Since when does Shadic have green hedges.
4. Shadic is just a recolor of shadow.

No offense my these sprites aren't even remotely good man. Let me give you a list why this really is bad.

1. It has no shading.
Pretty much the one Chrispy made, IIRC.(there is so many Shadow wads, we can't count them anymore!)

I can think of another reason why this character is not so hot. His composition has too many damn colors.

Think about it... All Sonic characters (and really, almost all well-designed video game characters) have a well-defined and pleasing color scheme. Sonic has that classic red, white, and blue thing goin' on, while Eggman turns heads with his glamorous crimson and black. Shadic, on the other hand, looks as if he were plunged into a giant vat of churning neon-colored delirium. Seriously, he's dizzying to look at!

There's more wrong with this fan-character than just hue, as Spirit Dragon aptly pointed out. But when you go back to the drawing board, be sure to settle on a good color scheme. You'll thank me later.

Last edited:
Ugh...This wad...Again???
If your going to do a shadicre you might as well make it into the ChakraX Styled shadic http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1852/betterheadshadic.png (I only the head so don't ask me to do more).
If you did, it would be better. I'd help you but this wad is going nowhere. When you fix it, then we will talk about it.

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

1. It has no shading.
No duh...
It is a shadowre without shading...look at the old topic.
Never... well till now... >.>
Not always...but in this wad....it is.

Last edited:
ok thanks i will try to fix it

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I want to draw your attention that I am only here so the Algerian still Analm How to Make a wad

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

i62849_betterheadshadic1.png
look to this sprites and tell me

Last edited:
sonodow, please use normal size fonts when you post. There is no reason to have all your posts to be larger then the default font size.

The wad itself isn't interesting. It is hard to come up with an original hedgehog based character, and this one is certainly not original.

Making characters takes 120+ frames of sprites to make a good one, and that includes angle sprites (which are the hardest to draw). The fact that you haven't shown one angle sprite worries me more then the fact that it doesn't have shading. Even if you do make a good original character design with good art, it will be hard to make it stand out from the crowd using the current abilities (which will be fixed in 2.1 hopefully).

I would suggest that you try something on a smaller scale before jumping right on making SRB2 sprites.

Last edited:
There is no good or polite way to say this, so I am going to be blunt.

There is no redeeming quality to this. This thing is an ugly Sonic recolor. It looks like you went over the Shadow wad in Paint and made lines over the edges, and threw on these weird 'wing' things that do...Nothing except make the thing look worse, because they don't even look vaguely natural. There is no way that this can be considered remotely decent by any stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back