SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Miscellaneous (2.0.X)

Custom Character Ability: Stomp Attack Details »»
Custom Character Ability: Stomp Attack
Version: Final, could be updated, by 742mph (I make Sonic look like me) 742mph is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Version: SRB2 Rating:
Released: 11-15-2011 Last Update: Never Installs: 2
SOCs Re-Useable Content

I'm not ADHD as far as I know, but I do get bored rather easily when there's no homework or large SRB2 projects to keep me busy. As a result, I came up with this neat little character ability that could be used in some interesting ways. Enjoy!

Spoiler: Function description

The Stomp Attack allows a character to shoot straight downwards toward the ground as their mid-air ability. This can be used to send a character to the ground quickly instead of falling down, which is quite slow by comparison, in order to save time, or to bounce off of enemies or other destroyable objects, allowing a character to soar high into the air and over dangerous obstacles. Monitor bouncing: now with no skill required.

Spoiler: Editing notes

You can change the VAR1 of frame 2010 to modify the force of the attack, and therefore how much rebound it has. The default value is -25. If the value is positive instead of negative, the player will be shot upwards instead of downwards.

All of my custom character abilities are free to use in any character WAD as long as credit is given. After all, they exist only to be used, don't they?

The .zip file with the character ability name contains the SOC for the control object, and the .zip file with "test" before the ability name contains a modified copy of sonic.plr which demonstrates the ability.

Download Now

File Type: zip stomp.zip (412 Bytes, 891 views)
File Type: zip test_stomp.zip (144.3 KB, 684 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20144.png
Views:	1240
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	2350   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20145.png
Views:	1114
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	2351  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 12-25-2012   #22
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

Unless you want grey hairs at 10 years old I'd personally advise you not to look into that mess.
Old 12-26-2012   #23
Phil the hegi
Rest in Potatoes

I agree with you on that one.
Old 02-04-2013   #24
Phil the hegi
Rest in Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742mph View Post
It would be possible theoretically as a modified spindash cut short by the spinitem, but it would screw up the character's jump animations in the process, so it probably won't happen anytime soon.
mabye use no jump animation (ability 1= 2/3)
Old 02-05-2013   #25
742mph
I make Sonic look like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the hegi View Post
mabye use no jump animation (ability 1= 2/3)
If you take away the spinning jump animation, you also take away the spindash and any custom abilities built out of it.