SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Characters (2.0.X)

 
 
Thread Tools
Knockout The Echidna Character WAD -KO.T.E.wad- UPDATE! Details »»
Knockout The Echidna Character WAD -KO.T.E.wad- UPDATE!
Version: 1.4, by CoatRack (Official Community CoatRack) CoatRack is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2017

Version: SRB2 Rating: (8 votes - 4.13 average)
Released: 04-25-2010 Last Update: 07-09-2010 Installs: 14
Characters SOCs

__________________________________
____________Update log_____________

[8/11/2013]: And over 3 years later, I finally update this thing again. I fixed some sprite color bugs, and revamped KO's reflect thok. Now when you thok, KO will get a small jump boost. The only thing is, the sooner you thok the higher you jump, and the later you thok, the lower.

KO also now has a spindash that can reflect shots for those of you who cannot time the jump to hit the shots heading at you in time.


[7/9/2010]: I now have a version of both KO.T.E's with no custom action.


[6/9/2010]: Did some minor tweaking to KO's stats, and I also fix'd a crash with the KO.T.E-nosfx wad.


[6/8/2010]: Uploaded a zip with D00D64's cleaned up KO.T.E with voices.


[6/8/2010]: Updated KO.T.E to have a longer reflect time and fix'd some sprites and re-vamped some of his voices, and some other small things.


__________________________________


Finally, after being in the works for a long time it is done, my Knockout The Echidna character wad. He is just a bit faster then Tails but slower then Knux when he is running, but when he uses his in air action, Reflect. As for his ability, he gains a quick shield that he can use to reflect shots back at his foes, but it takes away 1 ring when he uses it, so be careful!

Screenshots:




There are two versions of this wad, one with SFX and one without SFX. Anyways, have fun!

Download Now

File Type: zip KO.T.E.zip (1,003.8 KB, 1116 views)
File Type: zip KO.T.E-nosfx.zip (92.0 KB, 443 views)
File Type: zip KO.T.E-NET.zip (1,003.7 KB, 474 views)
File Type: zip KO.T.Enosfx-NET.zip (91.4 KB, 389 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

  • This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 04-30-2010   #22
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer
 
MotorRoach's Avatar
Default

Ya know, D00D64, instead of judging the design as kind of recolor and criticizing in the "don't like it" and "it sucks" way, you should let him know what exactly would make the wad better...

Knockout, I like the way the sprites were made and also like the design, it's not just a minor edit, but something actually different from what I usually see out there, what bothers me it's the shield ability, because it lasts way too short, it's kinda hard about it protecting you from something, in my opinion, you should make another kind of ability, I'm not sure what would make a good ability, but if you gonna change it, make sure it's not the same as Sonic, Tails or Knuckles.

Some of the voices could have been better, some of the voices bothers me, but glad there is a nosfx wad, that's good for people like D00D64.

So, it's a good character, but it can be better about the ability and voices, I give ya 4/5, try to do something to improve this if you can. Oh, try also to make a different signpost, because the one you made is kinda silly, no offense

Good luck if you gonna edit the wad!

Last edited by MotorRoach; 04-30-2010 at 02:38 AM.
MotorRoach is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #23
Spirit Dragon
GameN'WatchComms Co-Host
 
Spirit Dragon's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
Ya know, D00D64, instead of judging the design as kind of recolor and criticizing in the "don't like it" and "it sucks" way, you should let him know what exactly would make the wad better...
I agree. You know who you remind me of? Kyrasyn. Anyway, back to the topic. Ko.t.e is good except for 1 thing. That 1 thing is this. I lose 3 rings every time I thok with him. It has killed me several times in servers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Remember, capitalization is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse"
Spirit Dragon is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #24
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer
 
MotorRoach's Avatar
Default

KO's point about using 3 rings it's because of his reflect ability, you probably see a shield everytime you thok, it's actually supposed to protect you when it's visible, but since it's only visible for a short time, it's not like it will help you much unless you have idea when something will hurt you
MotorRoach is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #25
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
Ya know, D00D64, instead of judging the design as kind of recolor and criticizing in the "don't like it" and "it sucks" way, you should let him know what exactly would make the wad better...
Like how? "Don't make his design a recolor or Knux"? "Don't give him an ability that turns him into SRB2's Pichu"? That's even more offensive. Though, he does know about the ability thing, and he says it's a placeholder for now. I give him props on his art ability, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dragon View Post
I agree. You know who you remind me of? Kyrasyn.
No, you just immedietly say that because I am more Con than Pro towards reviewing. Just because we're negative doesn't make us speak the same way.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #26
Kyasarin
 
Kyasarin's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dragon View Post
I agree. You know who you remind me of? Kyrasyn. Anyway, back to the topic. Ko.t.e is good except for 1 thing. That 1 thing is this. I lose 3 rings every time I thok with him. It has killed me several times in servers.
Kyrasyn? Whatever. Being negative on a WAD isn't necessarily a bad thing. We both tend to comment in fairly different ways.
About the WAD itself: The art is good and his controls are fine but the voices seem unemotional and lame, and I agree with what people said about the ability: get a new one.
Kyasarin is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #27
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer
 
MotorRoach's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Like how? "Don't make his design a recolor or Knux"? "Don't give him an ability that turns him into SRB2's Pichu"? That's even more offensive.
No no, sir, you misunderstood, what I exactly meant is that saying stuff like "don't like it" several times and stuff like that can be offensive to some people, perhaps you could do a little more constructive criticism just like Kyasarin and other people usually do? And btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
"Don't make his design a recolor or Knux"?
It's not that different from what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Anyways, his design is basically a recolor (ablet not THAT bad of one, but still a recolor to me.)
ya know, it seems like you drink alot of haterade for some reason
MotorRoach is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #28
Simsmagic
i 2 i
 
Simsmagic's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
ya know, it seems like you drink alot of haterade for some reason
Maybe you should get over that some people have different reviewing styles and opinions then you. Yes, he's harsh and blunt, but if everybody was sugarcoating everything they said, then what's the point of reviewing? Sometimes people need to be hard and offensive in order for the author to improve upon themselves and see their true faults.

Yes, I was offended by D00D and Kyasarin's harsh tone in one of my other topics, but you know what? I took their advice regardless and improved that level, specifically because I realized that following their advice would make it better.
Simsmagic is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #29
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
No no, sir, you misunderstood, what I exactly meant is that saying stuff like "don't like it" several times and stuff like that can be offensive to some people, perhaps you could do a little more constructive criticism just like Kyasarin and other people usually do?

Just how am I supposed to be constructive about it? I don't like ANYTHING about this wad besides the art style. What more can be said? I can't say "everything sucks, fix it" because that's so blunt. Now, if this was a stage or something, I could pick out what was wrong more easily, but this being a char wad, there isn't that much to say except "Design is lame, ability is lame, voices are lame but there's a non-voice version so I wont hold that against you so much, art style is okay, so yeah." I mean, he says he has some ideas for abilities (in netgames and IRC), but I doubt he'll change his design that much, if at all. What MORE can I say? "That pixel over there should be moved to the right side of his left earlobe"?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
It's not that different from what you said <insert quote I'm too lazy to copy here>

True, but the point still stands.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
ya know, it seems like you drink alot of haterade for some reason

No, it's this little drink I like to called "HONESTY", as I say my true feelings about what I talk about, regardless who I'm talking to or what I'm talking about. Said honestly just comes out somewhat intensely.
__________________
Quote:
<Nekoishi> HOW DO YOU JUST NOT NOTICE GIGANTIC BREASTS
<RedEnchilada> I remained ignorant to a set of titanic breasts for 17 years!
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #30
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer
 
MotorRoach's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsmagic View Post
Sometimes people need to be hard and offensive in order for the author to improve upon themselves and see their true faults.
Really? wow, never knew that :o

D00D64, that's not what I meant with "constructive", but oh well

And about your "drink", it doesn't matter if you are being honest, you are not exactly giving criticism, you are also saying "don't like the design" and "don't like ANYTHING", that's too much disliking, that's not cool (if you say that what I mean is "posting things with "don't like" is not nice", you are trying to be hypocrite, because that's not what I mean, what I mean is that you said it in a way that could be a little offensive).

Dude... I mean, D00D, I'm just saying that you didn't have to say some of the stuff you posted, that's it, geez :o

Last edited by MotorRoach; 04-30-2010 at 06:17 PM.
MotorRoach is offline  
Old 04-30-2010   #31
Speedwagon
likes to assault raccoons
Developer
 
Speedwagon's Avatar
Default Oh hai big post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
Dude... I mean, D00D, I'm just saying that you didn't have to say some of the stuff you posted, that's it, geez :o
Not to be some type of troll or anything but I believe GTF is right. If you just throw a "Ewww this wad stinks, throw it away", or a "Ugly sprite" or even a "Worthless wad", it's very crude and disrespectful. If you are going to criticize, please actually "criticize" than just throwing your rage around. An example of your "criticism" that shows that you arn't helping the creator is,
Quote:
Anyways, his design is basically a recolor (ablet not THAT bad of one, but still a recolor to me.)...
So that's it? It's a recolor? How about saying a little more than just that. Maybe say something like "I would have liked it if it was not a recolor."
Quote:
and his ability is useless. I mean, 3 rings to thok? Sure, it can reflect, but how useful does that come up if you get knocked back anyways? It acts like a shield too, but if you get hit, you can't use your ability without risking death or actually hitting someone. It also bugs up the other shields: Force disappears after thoking, and the other shields loose their transparency, which pretty much slaps a "HIT ME HARD" sign on your face.
Ok, so if his ability is useless, give him your idea on a better ability. I understand the difficulty of using the ability or you just don't know how to use it so just be kind and like I said, give him an idea or better yet, an example.
Quote:
Also, his voice clips are so bad it's hilarious. You sound so BORED all the time, geez.
Although that comment was a little harsh you actually put something that can help KO.T.E. fix his wad. So Good4u
Quote:
So yeah, dont like the design, dont like the ability, dont like the voiceacting, and with that, I dont like the character. So... yeah.
Well, saying that is like saying "You suck" to a guy you never met and that guy hunts you down and beat the *** out of you . Well, that comment was COMPLETELY useless. That comment was EXACTLY WHAT GTF WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!

Anyways, back to the topic.

KO.T.E. I understand that there are still a few missing sprites and I remembered that you updated the title picture? Will you please update the topic? :3
Speedwagon is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #32
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer
 
MotorRoach's Avatar
Default

I've decided to contribute:



This really took some time ^^'
MotorRoach is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #33
PHCC
Too fast for you to see me.
 
PHCC's Avatar
Default

well .... Your character is very good (in appearance).

But the ability is a bit .... different. Here I'll put some reviews:

* Absolutely NO character is costing us 3 rings by using the ability. This makes the boss levels become difficult.

* You should define the ability of your character thinking of all modes of play in srb2. His ability is simply useless in games of tag, ctf and match. Example: You're running, and an opponent throw a skatter ring in your direction. of course you will not have time to aim for the shot, Thok and hits him with the reflected ring, and even if you did, it would be in a very short time interval and with the opponent very close to you.

I finished! 2/5

Last edited by PHCC; 05-01-2010 at 04:51 AM.
PHCC is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #34
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer
 
MotorRoach's Avatar
Default

PHCC, you have a point about it, I believe KOTE wanted some ability that would be different from the usual abilities around, but it didn't turn out to be useful enough, however, as you said, it has a good appearance

Also, I'll try to think about a new ability for the character, when I have an idea, I'll let KO know
MotorRoach is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #35
Chrome
 
Chrome's Avatar
Default

I've stated twice about how frustrating your character is to use just about anywhere. He lacks proper acceleration to dodge attacks without the use of thok, and if you do use thok, you pretty much screwing yourself over because of the ring penalty. I would understand if the ring penalty were there because the shield lasted for the entire duration of the jump, and disappeared until you landed. It would completely change the way you'd play match or CTF, because you'd be a complete tank instead of a overly hard and underpowered character.

Also, your voices. Where's the emotion? None of them sound like your character is actually speaking.
__________________
Your freedom lies within the Hidden Sanctuary.
Chrome is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #36
PHCC
Too fast for you to see me.
 
PHCC's Avatar
Default

yes, an good and different ability that does not cost 3 rings.
PHCC is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #37
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer
 
MotorRoach's Avatar
Default

Unless this different ability turn out to be a little cheapy and need to have a cost, stuff like that, ya know what i mean?
MotorRoach is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #38
megasonic87
Meganet
 
megasonic87's Avatar
Default Finally

So, you finally finished him?
Win.
__________________
Welcome To DIE!
http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards/epiwvfmg.png
Click here to level up my card!
megasonic87 is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #39
Hex the Fox
 
Hex the Fox's Avatar
Default

Done testing so here's what I have to say:
I do like the ability, but it shouldn't have to pay rings when you thork, only when you reflect. Other than that, I liked. So 4.5/5 is my score for this.
__________________
Please help this Pokemon Egg hatch! http://pokefarm.org/_ext/IDZJ2DvQ2DRX6DZNxDZX1
Hex the Fox is offline  
Old 05-01-2010   #40
Scizor300
footure semen
 
Scizor300's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTF View Post
I've decided to contribute:



This really took some time ^^'
Use this, i beg of you.
__________________
Quote:
* You were kicked from #SRB2Fun by Rob (You know what? Go fuck yourself.)

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Scizor300 is offline  
Old 05-03-2010   #41
ashtheman14
Not this moron again...
 
ashtheman14's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor300 View Post
<insert awesome character select pic here made by someone else>Use this, i beg of you.
*Drools at character select picture* *wipes mouth*
This. Also the reaon why I overeacted to your character was the fact that I missed playing as one for a long time, which causes noobish comments from me such as
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtheman14 replying to tortured planet on the WADbase
10/10. This mod will always have a place on my computer
So yeah. Sorry to say but it isn't exactly special but not absolutely crap either
__________________
Current Project: Twilight realm
Overall= 15%
1 SP map... 55%
1 Race map... 12%
Just testing the water really, seeing what I'm good at...
ashtheman14 is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Sonic Knockout Kuba11 Video Games 7 02-16-2011 11:35 PM
That Green Echidna Guy/Steel (W.I.P) ThunderNova Editing 36 01-22-2011 01:10 AM
Knuckles The Echidna (Me) KnuxD SRB2 Discussion 1 03-29-2010 01:15 PM
Shade the Echidna WAD in work Jewel the Mystery Editing 34 01-12-2009 03:43 AM
Super Sonic Knockout roboegg99 Video Games 1 05-06-2007 04:56 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.