SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Mods (2.0.X)

SRB2Cineblast Details »»
SRB2Cineblast
Developer Last Online: Aug 2015

Version: SRB2Cineblast Rating: (19 votes - 3.95 average)
Released: 04-02-2010 Last Update: 01-01-2011 Installs: 26
Re-Useable Content Code Changes

SRB2CINEBLAST IS OFFICIALLY DISCONTINUED. SEE KALARON'S SRB2CB INSTEAD. BELOW IS AN ARCHIVE:

SRB2Cineblast is my source-code mod. It's main feature is bots, using code based on the old JTEBots from SRB2JTE. There are also miscellaneous other features. Please note that this release is a beta.

CURRENT RELEASE:
v1.0, codebase SRB2 2.0.6

Get Cineblast: HERE. Alternatively, via the attachment.

Version History:
0.2.3 - New versioning, bots work.
0.22 - Stable bots
0.21 - First release, with unstable bots

TEAM MEMBERS:
Cinefast - Primary Programmer
SpiritCrusher - Beta Tester, Bugfixer

Source code is available at the SRB2MODS public SVN. Feel free to reuse the code - but I'd appreciate a mention of Cineblast and myself in your product.

If SRB2Cineblast runs in windowed mode, type fullscreen on in the console and press enter.

Screenshot featuring bots:

Download Now

File Type: zip Release.zip (1.03 MB, 7601 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-08-2010   #22
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

That's not the issue. Kicking doesn't work properly even if the server is doing that. But yes, something like "kickownbot" would actually be a good idea.
Old 04-09-2010   #23
Sky The Destroyer

Maybe if you can add a "restoreprebots" command...
It would add the bots from the last map.
Old 04-10-2010   #24
Kancsar
AKA Diskette Projector

During netgame (with multiple people) when a mapchange happens, on one user's end, every bot has been kicked like it would be, but on other user's end, one or more bots still remain, which means each players "thinks" there are diffirent number of bots running. (fixing this can only be done by verifying the one, who has still bots running after mapchange)

This not only causes major, epic, non-stop Cfail, but this is also a very weird desync issue i never saw before...

Is this normal? :S
Old 04-10-2010   #25
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Yes, it is a known issue.
Old 04-11-2010   #26
Hex the Fox

Well here is my review on SRB2CB 0.21.
Like many people, I'm glad to see bots back. I'm also glad to see Chaos game type return. But unlike JTE's bots, CB's bots cause major movement lag in online games. Also as many people have pointed out, automatic kicking of bot's is not a good idea. So I ask you to remove that. I would also like to see some custom maps included. But over all, it's pretty nice for a beta.
Old 04-11-2010   #27
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex the Fox View Post
Also as many people have pointed out, automatic kicking of bot's is not a good idea. So I ask you to remove that.
Had you actually read through the thread, you would've noticed that not kicking bots caused the game to randomly crash.
Old 04-11-2010   #28
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

I love this but based on the pictures I have seen it dosen't seem as if you guys know that you pick the bot you add AND it's color. Ex- addbot knuckles green
Old 04-11-2010   #29
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeck View Post
I love this but based on the pictures I have seen it dosen't seem as if you guys know that you pick the bot you add AND it's color. Ex- addbot knuckles green
And its name. Does anyone know how bots work anymore. Also, no one cares about names and coolours they want to see them beat the crap out of each other. :3
Old 04-21-2010   #30
J-town
Totally Not Zero

Naw, Names are fun too. :3 I added a SonicBot in a coop game once called "Neon" and had him follow me. Someone who hardly knew about the mod joined and kept asking Neon questions like "why r u followin garee" and stuff. It was lulzy. :P

But yeah, bots name/colour/skin should stay. :D
Old 04-21-2010   #31
Cinefast
32 kilowords of core!

Post doesn't matter. If you really wanna see it, see Scizor300's quote below. But it doesn't apply anymore; Cineblast is back!

Last edited by Cinefast; 05-17-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2010   #32
Scizor300
footure semen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinefast View Post
As of April the 21st 2010, SRB2Cineblast is abandoned, along with virtually all my other projects.

I would like to make a short listing of people who I want to thank:
BlazingPhoenix - good sport, always enjoyable to talk to
blahblahbal - helped me gain supporters, great person in general. Check out his works.
SpiritCrusher - Probably one of the most intelligent people in this community.
Alam - For still keeping Cineblast up to date with trunk, despite my failures
You, the player of Cineblast - for appreciating my work. You don't know how good it is to feel appreciated.

Other mentions: Thanks to Inuyasha for inspiration, Cue for more inspiration, JTE for obscene amounts of inspiration, Nev3r and Arf for being awesome, and many more, you know who you are.

SRB2Cineblast is now over; it has been a fun ride.

Thank you for reading this post. I will always appreciate your appreciation.
This reminds me about the time when I abandoned Greeman, except Cineblast had more support and it wasn't as shitty...

Anyways, this is a great mod, too bad you had to cancel it :<

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Old 04-21-2010   #33
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Due to Cinefast's departure and the closure of this mod, I'm locking the topic. If you'd like more details surrounding his departure, you may view a snippet of the IRC log [here] (full log can be viewed [here])

Cinefast, if at a later date you decide you would like to continue this project, please alert one of the administrators. Otherwise, this thread is over.

Last edited by Mystic; 04-22-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-17-2010   #34
Sonict
Administrator

I have re-opened the thread per Cinefast's request. Good luck with your MOD!

My YouTube account: http://youtube.com/user/Sonict11
Old 05-17-2010   #35
Cinefast
32 kilowords of core!

New release - version 0.22.

Tired of CFails when netgaming with bots? This is for you. Bots are also not kicked at the end of each level now. Thanks to SpiritCrusher for identifying the problem.

Remember: get it here.

Last edited by Cinefast; 05-17-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2010   #36
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Welcome back to the job dood.

I've just downloaded and installed your MOD. But it's missing a "Lua52.dll" file, and I couldn't find out the file.
Old 05-17-2010   #37
Cinefast
32 kilowords of core!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer.Arch View Post
Welcome back to the job dood.

I've just downloaded and installed your MOD. But it's missing a "Lua52.dll" file, and I couldn't find out the file.
Pardon my silliness. It's now in the ZIP. If you don't wanna redownload the whole zip, http://gsdn-media.com/lua52.dll
Old 05-17-2010   #38
kyllian1212
wow im old

Thank you cinefast for restarting the work to the mod!I love this!!
Old 05-17-2010   #39
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Sorry for bothering you again. The main link is broken (although, it's easy to figure out how to get the download working)

EDIT: version number in title screen is v0.21.

*runs*
Old 05-18-2010   #40
Majro
Incognito

I just downloaded that zip.
After starting up the mod and going into secrets, there was Sonic Golf for some reason...but it crashed since there wasn't a certain map. Also, when I tried Sonic & Tails, Tails wasn't there.
Old 05-18-2010   #41
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majro View Post
I just downloaded that zip.
After starting up the mod and going into secrets, there was Sonic Golf for some reason...but it crashed since there wasn't a certain map. Also, when I tried Sonic & Tails, Tails wasn't there.
*hits Cinefast repeatedly on the head* WHAT DID YOU DO?!? Yeah, this shouldn't happen, Sonic Golf should be completely disabled, even in the secrets menu. And about the Sonic & Tails thing, that's not done yet.