SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Characters (2.0.X)

Hinotev2.0 Update [11/07/2011] Details »»
Hinotev2.0 Update [11/07/2011]
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Version: SRB2 Rating: (26 votes - 4.92 average)
Released: 08-03-2009 Last Update: 07-12-2011 Installs: 69
Characters SOCs

Alright, so.. I decided to update Hinote on her sprites once and for all. When I came back to SRB2 I noticed that my Hinote.wad wasn't exactly completed, so as I came back I took the time to finish her.

A few things have been fixed in Hinote.
-Added a new jump sound
-Walking frames have been fixed (Head movement, and added a missing PLAYI3I7 frame.)
-Running frames have also been edited.
-Super has been fixed.
-Custom Ability frames have also been added.
-Last but not least, her idle frames have been finished.

Also, Hinote's Flare Jump soc has been improved by Draykon. Special thanks to you! :D
What has been changed in her soc is animated custom ability frames and a fire trail now follows her during her ability.

Some Screenies of v2.0:

Old Screenies:

Download Links (Alternative Sendspace Mirror)

Hinotev2.0.wad
Hinotev2.0-oldsoc.wad This link is for the Hinote with the old ability, if you prefer it more.
Hinotev2.0-nosoc.wad The Hinote without any socs at all.

Spoiler:

Download Now

File Type: rar Hinotev2.0.rar (112.5 KB, 2943 views)
File Type: rar Hinotev2.0-oldsoc.rar (111.3 KB, 965 views)
File Type: rar Hinotev2.0-nosoc.rar (110.9 KB, 966 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 12-23-2012   #142
Phil the hegi
Rest in Potatoes

It hurts, looking back. It really does.

Last edited by Phil the hegi; 04-09-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-23-2012   #143
Sparkxster
u wanna go m8

Phil, if you were to use Hinote's deviantart pictures as a SPRITE in the wad, or more so look like it, it'd be impossible due to the limited color palette.
Old 12-25-2012   #144
Phil the hegi
Rest in Potatoes

No. No more of this.

Last edited by Phil the hegi; 04-09-2015 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-25-2012   #145
I'll Begin

To be fair, this wad is several years old now, so the character's design could have been updated since then.
Old 12-26-2012   #146
Phil the hegi
Rest in Potatoes

I know that.
Old 12-27-2012   #147
Alice
Widowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the hegi View Post
uhhh... looking at your deviant art (and I`m just sayin`) you should... probably play around
with her appearance, because her pics look nothing like the wad...
just sayin`.
If you've known Hinote years ago, this wad was her first appearance and what you see on deviantART is an updated Hinote because she is part of a graphic novel series in the future.

At first she was just a character I wanted to try making on SRB2 because this was her first debut, I had no other intentions to use Hinote for future projects until I decided to reuse her for my own original series.

I could say this is a classic Hinote. How funny that sounds, but I have no intention to update Hinote using her new design on deviantART. If I did, it would be a separate WAD and would not replace this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkxster View Post
Phil, if you were to use Hinote's deviantart pictures as a SPRITE in the wad, or more so look like it, it'd be impossible due to the limited color palette.
That would not be impossible as her colors are still purple and black, but the updated Hinote on deviantART has an additional color which is lavender and cyan in which SRB2's palette does provide.
Old 12-27-2012   #148
Sparkxster
u wanna go m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinote View Post

That would not be impossible as her colors are still purple and black, but the updated Hinote on deviantART has an additional color which is lavender and cyan in which SRB2's palette does provide.
Oh, sorry, my mistake, I haven't been looking in your gallery a lot and in some time so I tend to forget some things.
Old 12-29-2012   #149
Phil the hegi
Rest in Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinote View Post
If you've known Hinote years ago, this wad was her first appearance and what you see on deviantART is an updated Hinote because she is part of a graphic novel series in the future.

At first she was just a character I wanted to try making on SRB2 because this was her first debut, I had no other intentions to use Hinote for future projects until I decided to reuse her for my own original series.

I could say this is a classic Hinote. How funny that sounds, but I have no intention to update Hinote using her new design on deviantART. If I did, it would be a separate WAD and would not replace this one.

Oh god old comments. I was in 5th grade D:

Last edited by Phil the hegi; 04-09-2015 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-25-2013   #150
Zwataketa
Plays with a keyboard

Hey, for my character im using an altered version of the flarejump that is more of a fire rocket (takes her straight up instead of forward a bit). I hope thats ok with you. I just wanted to be sure. I wouldve asked earlier, but i hadnt yet been verified by the message boards. Oh and i should give credit to the guy who altered the flarejump for me. His name is dead ops :)