SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Characters (2.0.X)

Hinotev2.0 Update [11/07/2011] Details »»
Hinotev2.0 Update [11/07/2011]
Developer Last Online: Jun 2017

Version: SRB2 Rating: (26 votes - 4.92 average)
Released: 08-03-2009 Last Update: 07-12-2011 Installs: 69
Characters SOCs

Alright, so.. I decided to update Hinote on her sprites once and for all. When I came back to SRB2 I noticed that my Hinote.wad wasn't exactly completed, so as I came back I took the time to finish her.

A few things have been fixed in Hinote.
-Added a new jump sound
-Walking frames have been fixed (Head movement, and added a missing PLAYI3I7 frame.)
-Running frames have also been edited.
-Super has been fixed.
-Custom Ability frames have also been added.
-Last but not least, her idle frames have been finished.

Also, Hinote's Flare Jump soc has been improved by Draykon. Special thanks to you! :D
What has been changed in her soc is animated custom ability frames and a fire trail now follows her during her ability.

Some Screenies of v2.0:

Old Screenies:

Download Links (Alternative Sendspace Mirror)

Hinotev2.0.wad
Hinotev2.0-oldsoc.wad This link is for the Hinote with the old ability, if you prefer it more.
Hinotev2.0-nosoc.wad The Hinote without any socs at all.

Spoiler:

Download Now

File Type: rar Hinotev2.0.rar (112.5 KB, 2755 views)
File Type: rar Hinotev2.0-oldsoc.rar (111.3 KB, 833 views)
File Type: rar Hinotev2.0-nosoc.rar (110.9 KB, 838 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 08-05-2009   #42
Hunter_Orion

Time for my review.

Oh...my...god...It's new, it's original, and it's detail is remarkable. I especially thought the chopsticks hairstyle was neat-o (I had a friend who used to do that to her hair, but she quit doing it because people would yank on the chopsticks during school. Aren't some people horrible?)

I can't stop playing with this WAD because of how much I like it. I did notice that you slowed down the thok, however. I'm not saying this in a bad way. In fact, it only adds to the difficulty, especially when your one of those people who depend on thok. It is an overall good WAD.

My only suggestion:
-Did you try lavender out for her? I believe that makes her appearance a little better

And now, on a personal note,
Did your inspiration possibly come from Blaze the Cat? Not trying to make any accusations, I'm just curious, really. And I also kind of wonder if you have anything else up your sleeve? Hinote was good, I can't imagine what else you could be WADing.

9/10

Many thanks to the admins for changing my name for me :D
Old 08-05-2009   #43
Blade
ANNIHILATE.
Developer

Well, this is a very good character wad, even if it is a fan character. The art is good, and is pretty smooth, but the spinning sprites lok a tad odd with it flashing purple.

9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan
Linedef Type 451 - Linedef Executor: Make Level 20% Cooler!
Quote:
Blade was hit by Inuyasha.
<Blade> osuwari
Inuyasha is no longer super.
Old 08-05-2009   #44
Sonnarkku
Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat

Looks a little much goth-styled to me, but for anyone who doesn't care about it looking that way, it's pretty good, overall the design is good, but it looks a little streched up. I might be the first one to notice it.
Old 08-05-2009   #45
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

The artwork for this character looks very nice. Can't say I'd take the time to play this anymore than I already have though, considering it plays so much like Sonic.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 08-05-2009   #46
weirdman

Tis some of the rare times that a fanchar is drawn well and nice colors since senku's characters. 10/10
Old 08-05-2009   #47
Alice
Widowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus_the_echidna

My only suggestion:
-Did you try lavender out for her? I believe that makes her appearance a little better

And now, on a personal note,
Did your inspiration possibly come from Blaze the Cat? Not trying to make any accusations, I'm just curious, really. And I also kind of wonder if you have anything else up your sleeve? Hinote was good, I can't imagine what else you could be WADing.

9/10
Yes I have tried lavender for her, but if you've seen her sketches and pictures online, her actual color is purple/magenta. I actually like playing Hinote is Cyan.. Well I do like that new color they added in srb2. Brings srb2 more alive.

No, I actually tried making myself a Sonic Character (I know that sounds lame) but after weeks of sketches I have made Hinote. She's a character I went through with time and effort to come up with. B) I do have a few pictures of her, I also have some fan art at the moment of her. She's been around for over a year.

Ah, now that I don't know. Its my first time actually uploading work I have done and so I really don't know what people would like, I was thinking of doing Lucario or Percival.

Thanks a lot though :) lol chopsticks in the hair xD I do that sometimes, but I have respect at my school, ;)
Old 08-05-2009   #48
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Just a little suggestion to put out here; even though I'm just nit picking here, as her hair isn't symmetrical it might look better to edit a few sprites so that when you view her from the appropriate side, you can see Hinote's hair covering her eye, instead of the fringe just jumping over to the other side of her face.

Also, I noticed the super form standing sprites in the wad file, even if you haven't got any intention of giving Hinote a super form in Single Player, you may as well use those finished sprites for her super form anyway due to the multiplayer.
Old 08-05-2009   #49
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnarku
Looks a little much goth-styled to me, but for anyone who doesn't care about it looking that way, it's pretty good, overall the design is good, but it looks a little streched up. I might be the first one to notice it.
Don't know if I'd use the word "goth"... I generally associate the term with grim features and colors, not just black clothing. The clothing does have a distinctive style though, and as long as it adds to the character instead of making it seem out of place, I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinote
Ah, now that I don't know. Its my first time actually uploading work I have done and so I really don't know what people would like, I was thinking of doing Lucario or Percival.
I would love to see a Percival wad, but keep in mind that any character wads need to be made because you want to make them, not as per any request... otherwise you'll never have the motivation to finish.

I look forward to trying the character out. Though the ability doesn't sound all too unique, that's because character abilities is one of the last things STjr has time to work with, so I won't complain about it.

It's good to see character avatars done right. I identify too strongly with existing characters to make mine not seem like a cheap knockoff, so I just picked a character with little backstory tied to him. However, Hinote looks fairly original and well made, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
Old 08-05-2009   #50
Autosaver

You might as well not do Percival, as its already done by someone else.
Old 08-05-2009   #51
Link
"The hated one"

Default Error

[color=black]I Hate that STjr changed da colors cuz i was makin a Link MM/OoT Wad and i was so CLOSE!!!!!!!! My first wad and the new colors and less abilitys like ringslinger for arrows are gone now. But dis wad is WAY better then mine! mine was crappy like da old knux.[/color]
Old 08-05-2009   #52
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Default Re: Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
[color=black]I Hate that STjr changed da colors[/color]
OH THE IRONY FOLKS
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
Old 08-06-2009   #53
SnowPrincess

Default my favorite :))

I personally adore Hinoté the most :))
She is well-balanced, and beautifully made .

Keep up the good work,
I envy your skills at WAD making :))
Old 08-06-2009   #54
MetalGear

Very good char. VERY GOOD.
She is like a more controllable version of sonic. One I can handle.
9.5/10

wish I had a seal of approval...
Old 08-06-2009   #55
Wolf

The Controls (4.5/5)
The Look (4.5/5)

Your idea is good i really love the character it is amazing as a fan character it isint a recolor wich is a three thumbs up anyway (9.5/10)
Old 08-06-2009   #56
on Edge

I love the hair. Also, kudos to being the first 2.0 character I DL. Also, when the characters of 2.0 are fixed, I can SOC you a thok that leaves a fire trail if you like. If you want to mess with Sonic, I could probably make you one now. :P
Old 08-06-2009   #57
StarBlazer
For the lulz

It's rare that you see wads like these. This actually looks like it was made with effort and aspiration to be a great wad, and it has come to that. Great job Hinote. I wish I had your talent. Q.Q
I lol'd so hard xD
Old 08-06-2009   #58
Hunter_Orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinote

No, I actually tried making myself a Sonic Character (I know that sounds lame) but after weeks of sketches I have made Hinote. She's a character I went through with time and effort to come up with. B) I do have a few pictures of her, I also have some fan art at the moment of her. She's been around for over a year.

Thanks a lot though :) lol chopsticks in the hair xD I do that sometimes, but I have respect at my school, ;)
Bah, I must be the only one who attended a school where the cumulative IQ is a negative number (and yes, I'm calling my classmates retarded, because half of them are.)

As far as what to do next, I wouldn't know. I personally haven't had the time to finish my first project, let alone the others I said I would do. Sad part is, I sill have the WADs sitting in my XWE folder waiting to be drawn. (Last I checked, I need to give Illyana's back sprite a pair of legs.)

My suggestion, however, is the general con-cencus: Create something that you want to do. If you create it because people request it, then you'll find it to be boring.

I guess this answers my question. I just wondered because for some reason, playing as her reminded me of Blaze. Blaze is one of Top 20 character WADs (It's basically a list of the WADs that I Absolutely refused to delete when I cleaned out my SRB2 folder monthly). I will let you know that this one is part of the new 20. New folder, new list, I think. :D

Many thanks to the admins for changing my name for me :D
Old 08-07-2009   #59
Elk
Known as Penigal

9/10.

This was good. Just don't want to use it in CTF. ~__~;

Either way, this is good.
Old 08-08-2009   #60
Soulite1110
Making missles

[/b]Great wad a lot easier to control than sonic
Keep up the good work :)

9/10
Old 08-16-2009   #61
kiubix

myne is totaly like what the hell??? have purple a lot on mine.

(kiubix received an infraction for this post: Use proper English and don't post stupid little card things. We don't have image sigs for a reason.)

Last edited by Mystic; 08-16-2009 at 02:33 PM.