Template or example of custom kart wad?

twoski

Hey guys i haven't done any modding before. I wanna make a custom SRB2 Kart character. Does someone have a custom character example they'd be willing to share with me? Any character will do, i just wanna see how it's all organized.

The wiki doesn't seem to have any specific articles about kart characters.

You could just look at the karts in the game, i'd say that's better since some custom karts could include extra frames.

You can also look at the "Kartmaker" program to see what you'd need to personally provide, and help you put the file together.

You can also look at the "Kartmaker" program to see what you'd need to personally provide, and help you put the file together.

oh it comes with an example sprite sheet. excellent.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

How does one determine which parts of their sprites will be controlled by the player's color choice?

That would be the startcolor variable, inside the S_SKIN file, which is usually the first color of the green palette line (startcolor = 160). traditionally people color the bits of their characters they want to make change color as green because that palette has the most amount of colors in it.
Whatever color you color your character, make that variable correspond to the first color of that line.

If you're looking to imitate Pointy and Mario with a second color, that requires a little coding knowledge and a set of sprites for all the frames with just the secondary bits you want to change color.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back