SRB2 approbation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank you for creating Sonic Robo Blast 2. I've been a huge fan for almost 5 years now and enjoy the game immensely. I do know the difficulties and tendency acquired to build such an advanced 3D game on Visual C++ 6.0 and it's wonderful to know that what we all receive for free could've been sold for 40 euro easily in 2006. I've found almost no bugs while playing the game on multiple machines, taking in the stability of the product and am compelled by the excellent programming. Doing such work for free surely is worthy of approval, especially since the game is so well made. I've personally never liked hackers or cheats and that's one of the main reasons why I like this game so much and its fanbase. The innovations in the new version are a lot and do make the game even better and more opened than before. I also very much enjoy the challenge I'm presented with while playing, which I think should be kept at its current state and not lowered, because after beating the Metal Sonic level, it felt as if it helped me become five times more professional in playing the game than before. SRB2 is a true masterpiece. My huge admirations towards Sonic Team Jr.

Last edited:
The engine is a heavily modified doom legacy engine coded in C, but yeah it is an amazing mod. I remember when having water was a huge accomplishment, but now with lua and the bosses we have really gone a long way (you would hope so in 15 years in development :P).

Last edited:
Definitely my favorite Sonic fan made game. I will always love this game. In a way, it's the adventure game we've all been waiting for. The level designs are great, great bosses, great music, and amazing addon content, such as maps or character wads. It definitely achieved it's goal to recreate the classics in a 3d environment.

I've discovered Srb2 5 years ago, where 1.09.4a version was popular. I enjoyed this fan made game more than sonic unleashed. Definetlly this game has more and more and so much more to give out. Thanks to all STJr from bringing us Sonic Robo Blast 2.

It's impressive enough that the game is 3D and manages to more than a tech demo like so many other "fan games" out there, but when you learn it's running on the Doom Engine and how that doesn't it stop it from being challenging or a good platformer, you can appreciate SRB2 much more. That and the long development cycle.

For my opinion , Sonic Robo Blast 2 is one of the best ... , oh , i mean it just THE BEST FANGAME EVER MADE !!!
I discovered Srb2 7 years ago , and it was something , that i really liked for a long time...
No , really : these custom-made graphics combining with great level design are making
really atmospheric gameplay !!!
Also , i like the flexibility of Srb2 - i mean , that if you bored playing in single player stages ,
you can simply add level pack or another character , extending your gameplay experience !!!
Thank you , Sonic Team Jr for making Srb2 !!!

I must have found SRB2 when I was 9 or 10 (.. 8-9 years ago now?) and back THEN, I thought it was the best thing since sliced pizza. And to this DAY, I still believe it's the best Sonic fangame I've ever played - and I've seen some really good ones! (Salom Adventure and Sonic: After the Sequel come to mind.)

Plus, the fact that it IS made in the DooM engine helps to capture the "Classic Sonic" feel that the game seems to do so well - I often decide to play SRB2 over the official SEGA games when I feel like a game of Sonic. Plus, it has netplay. I know not of another Sonic game with as fun a netplay as SRB2. (When SRB2's netplay decides to WORK, anyway.)

Plus, addons like levels, characters, etc vastly increase the replayability of this game. I don't know how many characters I've tried to beat the Mystic Realm as - 20, at least. Probably.

Props to the devs, I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back