The SRB2 Master Server (SRB2MS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, knowing my luck, I'll constantly forget it's there.

I'll ponder it, vBulletin scheduled tasks can be disabled, so...

Maybe next to the shutdown button, in big bold letters it should say:

Please turn off the scheduled task that revives the MS automatically before shutting down the Master Server.

Maybe next to the shutdown button, in big bold letters it should say:

Please turn off the scheduled task that revives the MS automatically before shutting down the Master Server.

Why didn't I think of that...? The Start/Stop buttons could control the scheduled check too. :o

I'll get on that next week when I can do web work. =P

This may have already been suggested, but the MS listing on this forum needs a wadfile list. (With optional MD5 sum checking, if possible)

This may have already been suggested, but the MS listing on this forum needs a wadfile list. (With optional MD5 sum checking, if possible)

I must ask, have you actually used the Master Server listing on this board?

The room change and Refresh buttons should be right next to each other, not like 2 or 3 lines apart. Maybe this will encourage players to refresh for the casual room more often somewhat.

What is this weird coding that's right by Sonic 100000's server query button?
2lkte35.png

Last edited:
Show what EXE the sever is on. Like this:

SRB2|2.0.6|Lol come to meh sever|Coop
-------------------------------------------
X-SRB2|X-007|Collect shards!|Shards

Template:
EXE|Version|Sever Name|Gametype

Offtopic EDIT:
What is this weird coding that's right by Sonic 100000's server query button?
2lkte35.png
Whoaaaa! What happened there?

Last edited:
Because it's totally my fault that a server decided to disagree on the player count between two packets it sent. >>

(i.e.: SERVERINFO said 2 players, PLAYERINFO contained info for only one)

Show what EXE the server is on. Like this:

SRB2|2.0.6|Lol come to meh sever|Coop
-------------------------------------------
X-SRB2|X-007|Collect shards!|Shards

Template:
EXE|Version|Sever Name|Gametype

The MS forum page does this already IIRC. Hover your pointer over the version number on the server listing.

And maybe you could automatically move servers hosted in Standard with RP wads(eg. house#.wad) into Casual?

Notice the dotted underline on all the filenames?

Hover over them.

Did that before, didn't do anything. Had to kick my browser a few times... metaphorically, of course.

Oh, I don't know if this has already been put up there but,

Could there possibly be a way that whenever there is a server where people are on a map that isn't using it's appropriate assigned game type, it moves to the automatically put into the casual room?

By that I mean like, if you make the boss stages in single player as a match stage.

Um, no? There's nothing wrong with playing Match on Coop/Circuit/CTF stages, for example. Hell, I remember having tons of fun stuffing 12 or so people in GFZ3 with item respawn at 1.

Yeah, but when people start playing Co-op on maps like Meadow Match and have maps like Tyrcity and House* on Standard, they're not really playing properly, as those maps have no escape. (Well, Tyrcity DOES if you play for long enough, but that's beside the point.)

Eh, the only thing I really want for the MS is it to STAY up 24/7 and not crash. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back