Running srb2 in OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to run srb2 in opengl mode? I tried to solve the problem myself in different ways.

I opened the srb2.srb file in XWE and then copied all the lumps in it. Then I pasted them into an srb2.wad and saved it. This is so I could run it from the Doom Legacy launcher, in opengl. It wouldn't recognize the srb2.srb file because the name was changed to a ".srb" file internally. I then changed the EXE file from "legacy.exe" to "srbwin.exe". I tried launching it, but it will not run. It says the file is "corrupted or modified".

Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, Is it possible to run the game in non-full screen mode?

very easy solution, kid.
Make a notepad document, and in it, write:

Code:
srb2win.exe -opengl
then, save it, and rename it to "OpenGL.bat"
then just double-click and voila!

Nothing happens when I double click the .bat files. This is a problem I have had with my computer for a while, so it happened with this too. I then tried to drag and drop the .bat on srb2win.exe and an error comes up. Thanks for your help though.

Is there some other way?

Also, I have a problem. In software mode the game screen seems to be offset and cut off. I tried to run it in windowed mode by going to the console and typing "fullscreen no" without the quotes. Nothing seems to happen. I then tried to start a new game without quitting and it is still offset. How can I solve this problem?

Either download the launcher, or just use the windows "Run" command, or use the Command Prompt, or just make a shortcut, and put this into "target" in the shortcut properties (make sure to keep the path)

Opengl would be c:\(your folder path here)\srb2win.exe -opengl
Windowed would be c:\(your folder path here)srb2win.exe -win

As for the cut off thing, I'm not sure what you mean, but go into video options and make sure the resolution is set to 320x200 or 640x400. Higher ones might work too, but I couldn't tell you what ones, I'm lucky to be able tp run 640x400 smoothly.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Addons is down, so you can't download the launcher.

If you want to make a copy of srb2.srb, you must make a copy of the file itself, not just the lumps in it. Otherwise, SRB2 says it is corrupt and you have just done a lot of pointless work anyway. Doom Legacy does not play SRB2 and will not recognise nor play SRB2 things. Ever. The engine has been changed far too much for that.

I personally use the launcher to get opengl to work. I prefer it to software most of the time.

Not really, because of the way SRB2 starts everything up. I don't know the details of it, but switching between using your video card and the default renderer midgame would likely **** things up divinely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back