Weird enemys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arf

While toying around with SRB2Xmas (Last in the series) and XWE, I found some weird enemies:
There this weird crawla like I called SARG because of the sprite name.
I can't find it in the game:
It starts at SARGA1 and ends in SARGD5
Then there's this Jetty like thing that can be seen in the first level. I call it the TROO:
It starts at TROOA1 and ends in TROOH5
Then there's the TURRET-Like enemy. The BSPI. I Can't see it in the game:
It starts at BSPIA1D1 and ends in BSPII8.
This one is funny. The EGG-HEAD. I never saw it at the game:
It starts at HHEADA1 and ends in HEADF5.

Extras:
-I saw also a lot of decoration Items that I didn't see in the SRB2 Xmas:
A snowman only seen in an end level Screen, A seaweed, and the palmtree seen in Emerald Coast.
-There are sprites of supersonic, only looking to the front.
-There are a lot of emerald graphics only seen in Emerald Coast.
These emeralds sprites are one of my favourite because if you watch closely, you can see it changes it's colours into the colours of all the other emeralds in a nice looking fade from one colour into another one.
The emeralds go from EMMYA0 to EMMYU0
-There are some weird yellow starts, probably made for Super Sonic.
From SPRKA0 to SPRKD0.
-Even though there is not an armaggedon shield proggramed in the game, there are still sprite of it:
From KORBA0 to KORBH0 (Also notice this Shield is Called K ORB, the green one G ORB (Green Orb) and the Blue one B ORB (Blue Orb). Probably it was intended to be named differently???)
-There's a Black TV, with nothing but.. You gussed, Black. I would like to know what this was inteded to do.
It goes from BKTVA0 to BKTVH0.
-If you look when you go over the Water with Tails, you see you'll leave a little splash of water. Well, there was a sand splash one. You can see it in Emerald Coast.
From GRASA0 to GRASG0
-The gargoyles were already made but I didn't see it in the Game:
From GARGA1 To GARGA5
-The Stupid Dumb Unnamed Robot Fish (HA! I said it correctly) Is also made but not into the game, from what I saw.
From FISHA0 To FISHF0
-The skim was there but not used.
From SKIMA0 to SKIMS0

And well, That's all of SRB2Xmas Last in the Series. And I hope someone as Good as JTE could program the OLD enemies into the Actual SRB2 and put them as unlockables.
I can see it coming: You unlocked: Old Xmas enemies.

A lot of those enemys are betas of the ones shown in the Time Attack Bonus and Easter Egg Bonus that were either scrapped because they were ugly or other reasons.

I believe the missing scenery was either never used or used in earlier SRB2Xmas betas and never completely removed.

The reason all the sprites were named as such is because SRB2 was still using Doom enemys at that point. Heck, the Crawlas in 1.09 are still just Doom's "Zombiemen" but with more frames of animation and without the ability to shoot.

All of this fun stuff has been 'discovered' before, don't worry. :roll:

Gimmie some pictures of the cool stuff, I can't be bothered to check it out myself.

Arf said:

Drillakilla. Mine Maze Zone.

Then there's this Jetty like thing that can be seen in the first level. I call it the TROO:

Min-us (pronounced Mine Us). Mine Maze Zone.

Turret. Doomship Zone.

Egg Head. Egg Rock Zone.

Extras:
A seaweed,

Deep Sea Zone.

From SPRKA0 to SPRKD0.

Those show up when you grab a ring.

-Even though there is not an armaggedon shield proggramed in the game, there are still sprite of it:
From KORBA0 to KORBH0 (Also notice this Shield is Called K ORB, the green one G ORB (Green Orb) and the Blue one B ORB (Blue Orb). Probably it was intended to be named differently???)

Shields prior to 1.09 had the green and blue orbs switched.

-There's a Black TV, with nothing but.. You gussed, Black. I would like to know what this was inteded to do.

Are you sure your monitor isn't just wonky? That should be the black shield monitor.

-If you look when you go over the Water with Tails, you see you'll leave a little splash of water. Well, there was a sand splash one. You can see it in Emerald Coast.

Yeah, "interactive surface" feature that ended up being removed. I think even 1.08 has a little grass sprite for it, though.

From SKIMA0 to SKIMS0

Skim's been around since Xmas 0.93.

Thanks SSN for clearing my doubts.
But I'm still wondering why the Armaggedon sprites had a K before ORB.
Was it named differently?

SSNTails said:
Arf said:

Drillakilla. Mine Maze Zone.

Min-us (pronounced Mine Us). Mine Maze Zone.

Turret. Doomship Zone.

Extras:
A seaweed,

Deep Sea Zone.

From SPRKA0 to SPRKD0.

Those show up when you grab a ring.

Shields prior to 1.09 had the green and blue orbs switched.

Are you sure your monitor isn't just wonky? That should be the black shield monitor.

Yeah, "interactive surface" feature that ended up being removed. I think even 1.08 has a little grass sprite for it, though.

From SKIMA0 to SKIMS0

Skim's been around since Xmas 0.93.

Okay. Why aren't most of these old enemies in 1.09? Mappers could use more enemies than thee measly 7 we have now. :(

You only got, like, 10 monsters in the original DOOM, and you could still make excellent levels with them. You get 13-14 with SRB2 (counting the extra Crawlas and flies, Eggman, Detons and the turrets)... and you can TECHNICALLY make more, as long as they aren't bosses (I need to port my Nazi robots from Wolfenstein over to v1.09 already). Not TOO bad, really.

I would like to think that detons and the turrets are obstacles and not enemies because you can't destroy them (Well, not by normal means) and Eggman doesn't count cause he's a boss. :P Besides, this is Sonic, not DOOM. Remember that in every old-school Sonic game, each zone had different enemies to them.

For the most part, Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds were bosses too, so remove those and you get 8 enemies to SRB2's 10... sure it's a step down from the original Sonic games, but it's still pretty good for a demo.

Arf said:
Thanks SSN for clearing my doubts.
But I'm still wondering why the Armaggedon sprites had a K before ORB.
Was it named differently?

Black

The grass sprites are still in 1.09's srb2.srb... And I've always been wanting to bring it back (as well as all the other things I've "always been wanting" to do but never have the time because it's hard to do everything at once...)

I'll tell you something to do.
Program those enemies in 1.09!!!!!!
That would be something...
I would like to see the egg-heads in GFZ1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back