Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How could you not use strafe?

• What's strafe?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my controls... Now I use both sets of arrows (the one that I've used before) and WASD (strafing instead of running). Sorry, but the lag in netgames get me taking this way. :(

I'm actually accustomed to not use strafing, since I depend on using the mouse for directions. I've been using the mouse since Demo 4, because it's the next best thing to using a pseudo-console controller. No, I don't like keyboards in 3-D games.

Here are some controls I can remember. I always turn off mouse move, so I don't screw up while turning.

Forward: W
Backpedal: Q
Left: (none)
Right: (none)
Jump: Mouse button 1
Attack: Mouse button 2
Look up: Scroll button up
Look down: Scroll button down
Center view: Mouse button 3
Camera down: Page down
Camera up: Page up
Camera center: Home

For the 2-D levels, such as Mario Koopa Blast, I simply switch to keyboard:

Jump: Shift
Attack: Spacebar
Left: Arrow key left
Right: Arrow key right

It's kind of inconvenient to use these settings, though, so I usually avoid playing 2-D levels.

Controller, with analog mode on. Solves that problem real easy.

Before I knew of that, I used keyboard and mouse. Strafing with keyboard, jumping and attacking with mouse.

For all types of levels, even 2D I use:

forward: up arrow
backward: down arrow
left: left arrow
right: right arrow
spin: control
jump: space
ringsling: B

I don't use the analog controls, or strafe, but it all depends on preference. :?

I use Strafe sometimes:

My controls are:

Moving foward left right and back = arrow keys
jump = a
shoot normal ring = s
spindash = d
special ring = f
strafe = { and }

I got used to playing Doom/Doom 2/Heretic/Hexen, so I use < and > for strafing, moving the spindash key to ; and the normal ringsling key to Alt. Mouse button 1 to shoot, mouse button 2 to jump, if I switch to first person to gun down someone with Tails who just decided to try and snipe me from the air when I started attacking them.
I also have a 6 button 2 joystick 1 hat + L and R button control pad which I rarely use, the first joystick for moving and strafing and the second joystick for aiming and turning, the hat for wearing on your head (Or, in this case, moving and turning as though using a keyboard) and the buttons for jumping, ringslinging, etc, etc. And the L and R buttons for turning the camera. For whatever reason. Clicking the aiming joystick resets the camera and clicking the other joystick jumps.
Otherwise it's exactly the same as SRB2's defaults.

I use my 6 button + 2 joystick pad for playing SRB2 , even of 2D levels, and I found it a very good way of playing. It fits perfectly to my way of controlling the game. and I dont starfe, dont find it useful..yet. maybe in multiplayers game it may be useful, but in 1 player mode I dont need it.

Don't use the arrows, use wasd for movement, it's like the arrows but you use it with your left hand.
Set spacebar to jump, left mouse to shoot and right to spin.
Or shift to spin, whatever you want.

I was never very fond of using my left hand to work arrow keys, for some reason... Because of this, among other things, I am best at sniping, rather then actual moving combat, and this is as true for SRB2 as it is for Halo2. I'm not a very active kinda guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back