What is your favorite anime?

Honorable mentions: A Certain Scientific Railgun

Everytime if Sonic sees a reference or something about "Railgun"

sonic_turns_into_a_tokiwadai_student_by_xxtheemispriterxx-d8bximq.png

Anyway My Fav animes are:

-Inuyasha (My fav since my childhood)
-Sonic X (It's still my Fav)
-A Certain Magical Index (The Anime where it started all)
-A Certain Scientific Railgun (I like the "Funimation" dub (Also the Sonic thingy... Duh) )
-Yumekui Merry (My fav anime of 2011)
-Shakugan No Shana (That girl with fire powers....)

My favorite Animes

Dragon Ball, Z, GT, Super. (The nr.1)
Oreshura
Sakurasou No Pet Kanojo
Naruto Shippuden
Riuusei No Rockman
Reborn
Sonic X
Kyoro Chan
Beyblade (All series)

Last edited:
I really like..

Death Note
Parasyte -The Maxim-
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun
Fate/Stay Night
Kaiba
Samurai 7
Madoka Magica

Log Horizon was far less impressive than it could've been, but I don't know if the second season in the fall might make up for that or not. Hope it does.
The second season is one episode from finished, so I thought I'd drop by to say that the second season unfortunately fell short in all the same ways. The story had just as many useless filler segments as always, still no explanation for why it is they're still trapped in the game, and worst of all the adaptation was done by Studio-DEEN this time instead (yes, the guys who did the first Fate/stay night adaptation) resulting in the art quality in some areas deteriorating, especially Lenessia's eyes. Compare this art from season one to this.

If this show gets a season 3 then they'd better step it up, cause this season didn't do too great of a job keeping me interested.

Log Horizon is pretty strictly average, but it's decent enough that I'm still watching it, which is more than I can say for a lot of things. It has really slow pacing but I just love how it's clear the writers actually understand how MMOs really work, which is more than I can say for most shows doing that plot style.

Looking forward to what next season brings, as Winter 2015 was basically the supernatural harem season, and while I have nothing against watching the protagonist and his harem beat up the monster of the week, a little variety would be nice. If nothing else I know I'll like Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid because I'm a complete sucker for the Nanoha series.

Log Horizon is pretty strictly average, but it's decent enough that I'm still watching it, which is more than I can say for a lot of things. It has really slow pacing but I just love how it's clear the writers actually understand how MMOs really work, which is more than I can say for most shows doing that plot style.

I will say, Log Horizon always did do a good job of showing off the game. The reason why I liked it at first was mostly because of this accuracy, and how it developed an interesting world easily. I like it when the show focuses on the game, but not so much when the show focuses on minor events that don't contribute to the story. Exploring character backgrounds and developing them is certainly nice, but it seems like the writers put so much focus into it that they forgot they had an actual story to right. This made season 2 feel awfully hollow to me at many points, and many episodes had me wondering where the hell the plot went. The conclusion was satisfying enough but again, if this show does get a continuation it really needs to pick up the pacing, if only for the sake of pushing the actual plot events forward.

Really? Have none of you heard of Puella Magi Madoka Magica?

I wanna say that it's my favorite anime show, but with the drama especially in the Madoka Magica movies... I can't.

Fav.
Kill La Kill (till ep. 21 or 22 I don't remember)
Space Dandy
Pokemon (if this counts) (just the X&Y seasons)
Mahromatic (just cause of one scene hehe)
RWBY (I haven't finished watching the last couple episodes of Season 7 yet)
Gurren Lagan
Sonic X (maybe?)
Beyblade (maybe?)
Rosario + Vampire (watched all the episodes once)
Sword Art Online
Your Lie in April (first 4 episodes?)
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (I need to stop worrying about the fact that I only need to watch the last few episodes of the show)

Last edited:
I don't have every one in mind but I know that I really like Fullmetal Alchemist (both the 2003 and Brotherhood series even if my nostalgia makes me prefer the first one) and Saint Seiya (or Knights of the Zodiac for the western audience).

Well, I guess we're doing this.

There are a lot of Anime I like or struck me as particularly interesting.

Nostalgia:

• Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)
  • Full Metal Panic
  • Naruto (pre-Shippuuden)

Seriously good:

• To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Index not so much, not gonna read the light novel...)
  • Shingeki no Kyojin
  • Magical Girl Madoka Magica (guess I was less prepared than I thought)
  • JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (memes aside...)
  • Dr. Stone
  • Goblin Slayer (Glad I didn't drop it after the disturbing first episode)
  • Little Witch Academia
  • One Punch Man Season 1
  • Overlord
  • Re:Zero kara hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
  • Konosuba (perfect after you're finished with Re:Zero)
  • Made in Abyss

Things that somehow stuck:

• Higurashi no naku koro ni (hot mess but it entertained me)
  • Umineko no naku koro ni (the VN was much better, still weird)
  • Macross Frontier
  • Serial Experiments Lain
  • Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai (couldn't wipe the grin of my face)
  • Elfen Lied (every kid watched it but beside all the gore and violence it only is good or mediocre)
  • Bakemonogatari (dafuq?)

Movies:

• Akira
  • Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa (love it)
  • Kaze tachinu (I really like planes)
  • Mononoke-hime (great!)

I don't get the fuzz about SAO, though. I hope that doesn't rile up the SAO-Fans...

Last edited:
For a anime series, it definitely goes to Little Witch Academia. For a movie, I'd probably say Spirited Away, but Ghilbi has a ton of amazing films.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back