Version 2.1.12 Patch causes OpenGL to flash rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I mean seizure-inducing fast. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but this didn't happen in Version 2.1.11.

Last edited:
Help, please? Most people get an answer within the same day they posted, and this isn't a minor issue, this is a huge issue that might as well make fullscreen OpenGL unplayable.

Try using fullscreen in a different monitor. Try both Srb2win and Srb2DD. Try different resolutions using a Srb2 Launcher (Or Ingame). If it still flashes with another monitor, try using another computer.

But I don't want to buy another monitor or computer for a problem that didn't even occur before the patch. Also, srb2win.exe and srb2dd.exe work, but they don't allow MD2s, which is the main reason I want to use OpenGL.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I also can't send a crash log, since the game doesn't crash, it just flashes rapidly.

Srb2 Net Launcher (https://files.srb2.org/srb2.org/SRB2Net.exe)
2wg4rom.png

Srb2win (Check OpenGL mode)

52z1bt.png

Srb2DD (This time, Check Alternate Exe and write in Srb2dd. Don't Forget OpenGL.)

StartSrb2 (http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?p=751770)
166hm4n.jpg

(With this launcher, you will have to give the program path by browsing it. Activate OpenGL mode, and either browse the path to Srb2dd or Srb2win.)

That's a bit too complicated to figure out. Can I please have a moderator or developer help me out on this?

Last edited:
What...? All you have to do is put those launchers in your srb2 Folder and do as I told you in the pictures.

How the hell can't you figure out how to use OpenGL on another EXE when your complaint involves using it on the main EXE? It's toggled the same way on both executables, with the -opengl command line parameter. If you're using a batch file, make a copy that points to srb2dd.exe instead of srb2win.exe.

StartSrb2 :

ws72ap.png

Click that button

34dolk0.png

Windows browser will pop up. Search for your Srb2 Folder. Double click the porgram you want to test. Srb2win, then Srb2DD.

Srb2 Net Launcher :

15wkjl4.png

Click Main Options

2ldk3mo.png

You'll be greeted with these settings.

mvjnm0.png

Do this to test Srb2win in OpenGL

i21001.png

Do this to test Srb2DD in OpenGL

... Press Run/Start to run the game..
Edit : Or just do what RedEnchilada told you.

@echo off
srb2dd.exe -opengl

@echo off
srb2win.exe -opengl

paste these in notepad and save them as .bat at the end(write manually)

Though it baffles me how you accessed OGL in the first place if you never tried it with srb2win.exe or srb2dd.exe at all.

Anyway... If running srb2dd in OpenGL doesn't work either, then it must be some weird configuration in your Graphic Card Settings. I would also recommend changing the resolution just to be sure.

So... is it OpenGL or Software that is having flickering issues? I don't understand.

...okay, at this point I'm not sure what you understand of the concept of OpenGL itself, judging by the way this thread has gone so far.

Please tell me you're aware of the following:
  • srb2win.exe and srb2dd.exe are applications, the files to run the game you can choose between. srb2win.exe is the SDL exe, srb2dd.exe is the other one.
  • Software and OpenGL are renderers, the methods of displaying the game you can choose between. Software is the default, OpenGL is the other one. You CANNOT access one through the other, and you cannot switch between them mid-game.
  • srb2win.exe is capable of using either of the Software and OpenGL renderers, and so is srb2dd.exe. OpenGL is not a seperate thing from srb2win.exe and srb2dd.exe, it REQUIRES either of them to be used.

A useful diagram displaying some of the points above:

howtosrb2.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back