Linux builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone. I've been playing this game since it's infancy, and am now running a Linux-based OS by choice. I was really glad when an older version of the game was available to me, but since then, nobody has actually released a new Linux build for any version of said game.

Would it be possible for somebody, anybody to help me out here?

Thanks in advance for any answers whatsoever.

Okay, thanks. Going to test the executables from the last page.

Edit:
Outdated. Why should anyone have to settle for this? I mean, I tried compiling from source, which resulted in a large number of errors and compilation failure. I double checked my dependencies, tried other build flags... nothing works. Looks like I'll either have to use the cludgy (lazy) workaround of running it in good old, stupid, buggy Wine, or not play at all. For joy... Not gonna happen. Will anyone help me, please? I really want to play this game, and I don't feel like missing out in the multiplayer experience.

Last edited:
Tell me what your architecture is, 32 bit or 64 bit? I might be able to get some linux builds put together for you.

Is there a way to download the assets (srb2.srb, etc.) without having to run the installer? This seems to be one of the main issues to running it on linux.

the 'Installer' is just a 7z archive with a Win32/PE SFX payload, you can just use 7z command to unpack it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back