Polyobject rendering glitch on water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanthom

Also known as Strawberry
So I've put a Polyobject (that does nothing at the moment) and the Polyobject anchor is above a water block. This Happens:
IpvTLUU.gif

http://imgur.com/IpvTLUU
This does not happen in OpenGL.
Is this normal? Should I put the polyobject 1px above the waterblock?
EDIT : Actually the Polyobject anchor is a px below the Waterblock ceiling.

Last edited:
It's an issue with how software handles ffloor clipping with polyobjects present. While it can be fixed, it'd be a complex fix that'd take a lot of time to make work properly. For now, you probably shouldn't try using polyobjects and FOFs (including water) in the same sector.

...you probably should know, RedEnchilada already answered the question a post above you. =V

But yeah, it's not safe to mix PolyObjects and FOFs together for the time being.

Another question about Polyobjects

Is it possible to rotate the polyobject at a specific waypoint?

The Rotate Polyobject specials always rotate based on the anchor point thing you used to define the polyobject in the editor. If you mean to rotate it when it reaches a certain waypoint using the Move by Waypoints special, you can use a delayed linedef executor tuned to the time it takes to reach said waypoint to trigger the rotation.

I was already using that Linedef. Anyway, I didnt think of it, Thanks for the tip I'll try it.
Oh by the way, Polyobjects renders perfectly in OpenGL above water and below a Fof. I guess that's a pro for OpenGL! ;)

(I'm sure programming the Polyobjects to render flats was a hard work, I admire your work. I'll be patient and wait until you and your team fix this minor graphic glitch.)

OGL has it easy... software has to keep everything perfectly sorted so that polyobject flats can even work at all. Let alone getting other FOF planes to cooperate. .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back