• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2Colors - SRB2CB mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
What...
Just out of curiosity how did this happen?

The drive containing it died with files still there, I just can't retrieve it in any normal way .
The only remains of it is a debug build exe

Last edited:
Can't someone else retrieve the files, like a technician or something?

It's impossible to retrieve with funds I don't have, and so far I can't find anything that can decompile
But lucky for me I have the same source shoved on another hard drive same content (with 70% of the recent things I've added/changed nonexistant), so hopefully progress will resume once I get it. Maybe.

Well even if your progress is resumed, you'll have to tackle the difficult task of making: Asteroid Coaster levels and Starlight Carnival levels.

Well even if your progress is resumed, you'll have to tackle the difficult task of making: Asteroid Coaster levels and Starlight Carnival levels.

This wont be a problem at all as the resources for it are available .

This wont be a problem at all as the resources for it are available .
So does this mean you can you do the disappearing and appearing pathways in starlight carnival, and the roller-coaster in asteroid coaster (I recommend using polyobjects for this).

Last edited:
So this means, as soon as you make some progress, you will inform us from it?
If I can reclaim the source somehow then yes .

So does this mean you can you do the disappearing and appearing pathways in starlight carnival, and the roller-coaster in asteroid coaster (I recommend using polyobjects for this).
Should be possible with md2's, or not

Also there are many ways to fake the coaster without using polyobjects (one using a mobj)

I don't doubt your ability but look at these:
30ctaf7.jpg

Ok this looks kind of easy, just make the coaster a mobj and make the rails that it travels on a platform.
2zegxvb.jpg

Now how would you make the moving ships and moving paths without a huge amount of lag.
Good luck.

owned

I don't doubt your ability but look at these:
2zegxvb.jpg

Now how would you make the moving ships and moving paths without a huge amount of lag.
This type of moving platform has been made in EggRock countless times now, such as this
69b553deac32.png
and this.
e7bbd508bcb4.png
Also, refer to my post about these kind of objects here.

Last edited:
No, Not owned!

Are you serious? You haven't shown much evidence. Those weren't made countless times in the level (ok except that it is used often in ERZ1 as said on wiki but mainly as a normal appearing/disappearing platform). To overuse the 'appearing and disappearing fofs' in a 'alternate polyobject' way can cause a lot of lag if used excessively". It is used a lot but not often in a 'alternate polyobject' way.

Last edited:
you'd need an awful lot of programming knowledge people and time on you're hands to do this, anything this ambitious is doomed to fail without the right dedication and knowledge put into it, I've had lots of lot programing data on visual novels and RPGs and even some mods I was using lost or corrupted that's also something that can kill a project, I won't say never give up but when it's time to call it quits do it, someone has yet to make something that pushes the lua add on to it's limit.

Okay, so, in case you guys didn't realise it, just a little reminder :

This is a one year old thread about a probably discountinued levelpack for a forgotten and abandonned 2.0 mod. I wouldn't count on it to be released anytime soon.

Um, no. It won't. In fact, This topic should be locked so no one bumps a pointless year old topic for an outdated mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back