What´s under your tree this Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a PS3 with LittleBigPlanet, Sonic Colors DS, and Street Fighter IV for my 360. I also got candy and some real sketching pencils. And a lightbox in case I ever need to hand copy drawings.

A new black Wii Remote (to replace my old one that no longer worked) with Wii MotionPlus and a $50 Visa gift card that I'll be using towards buying a laptop for myself. Good thing it doesn't expire until 2019.

Those of you who got PS3s: Play through Uncharted so you can get your hands on the best PS3 game, Uncharted 2.

Those of you who got PS3s: Play through Uncharted so you can get your hands on the best PS3 game, Uncharted 2.

And all be sure to replace that 2.5" waste of space hard drive with something with a bit more storage on it.

Last edited:
wellllllll, I got

a 22" 720p tv for my room
Custom Robo for GCN
de Blob for Wii (pretty fun, actually)
Kirby Air Ride for GCN
Ratchet Deadlocked for PS2
Super Monkey Ball 2 for GCN
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz for Wii
Super Monkey Ball: Step and Roll for Wii (I still need to try some of the harder levels)
Wario Land: Shake It! for Wii
Elite Beat Agents for DS (to replace the one I lost)
Mario Vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem for DS
a s-video/composite cable for current-gen consoles from Gamestop (feh, mom can't cable shop properly)
a component cable for current-gen consoles from Gamestop (I had to go get it myself with the gamestop card mom gave me)
a case for DS cartridges
a pack of huge DS pen styli (already lost them looools)
a Sonic figure from Toys R Us (to go along with my other Sonic figure from Toys R Us?)
a dollar store basketball thing (silly mother)
a whoopee cushion (silly mother!)

I've already bought all the new Wii games I'm interested in, so I used this krissmiss to catch up on old games I haven't played. I didn't get Colors for DS like I asked for though :(

Last edited:
Drawn to Life :The Next chapter (quite enjoyable actually) and Monster 4x4 World Circuit

I got:

Gifts cards (Equal to $120)
Sonic Classic Collection (Really my little brother's, but he hasn't noticed I've been playing it)
Futurama Season 3 box set (Has my favorite episode!!! :D)
A restroom sign to put on my bedroom door
Orange headphones
2 books, but I forgot what they were about
Super soft blanket ( :3 )
A watch that I will never use
Winter gloves and a hat
Purple Motorola (phone)

And that's about it. I got some other stuff, I think, but this is all I can remember.

I wish! My PS3 came with Uncharted 2... I am not allowed to play "violent" games so I had to return the game. (I can't play either game. D=)

Eh, we did buy Hot Pursuit for it. ^.^

• Goldeneye 007 w/ CC Pro. Swell title, but the one time I played it (the Dam/Facility/Airfield mission), it was incredibly dark to the point where I was missing obvious paths forward. That, and I'm not especially used to the way the game expects me to be stealthy. I do try, but usually somebody I didn't even see spots me - or perhaps the guy I was sneaking up on - and even if I take them out, boom firefight. But hey, at least it's not like Perfect Dark where I instantly failed the mission for that.
  • Goldeneye 007 w/out CC Pro. Yeah, duplicate. Gonna trade this in to Walmart (apparently where it was bought), not sure what I'll replace it with.
  • 2000 Nintendo Points.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Disregard that the most I've played of the first game is the demo on PSN.
  • $20 on PSN.
  • A crapload of James Bond films. Dr. No, Goldfinger, Thunderball, Man With The Golden Gun, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, and a couple more.
  • Best Buy gift card of indeterminate value. Gotta look into that.
  • $75 GC to IKEA. Probably going to get a larger BILLY bookcase, since it holds traditional DVD cases and bulky Saturn game cases equally well. Either that or a nicer chair than this ratty old papasan chair which has been falling apart for years.
  • 32" 1080p HDTV. Really want to use this, but my house is so cluttered I can't find the space anywhere. (We really need to either hold a yard sale or donate to a thrift store...) Will probably bust it open anyway later today and hook the PS3 up to it, seeing as the folks are out of state through Wednesday/Thursday. I'd hook the PC up to it, too (I mean, high-def PC games at 1080p? Sweet), but there's no way it'd fit on my computer desk, and using a wired keyboard mouse on a papasan is not especially convenient.
  • Okay, this doesn't qualify as a gift since I bought it myself for myself, but this.

I got a PSP 3000, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Coded Arms, and Need For Speed: Carbon (worst of the 3 games). I also got a $50 gift card to most clothing stores. I'm happy that I can play my Phantasy Star Portable 2 again. :D

This year was kinda odd, as it was the first one we've spent without my sister. Besides that, half the family came down with the stomach bug. That said, we've still had the chance to enjoy some family time and I am very grateful for the hoard of stuff I got this year.

• Digital Camera - I found out about it a few days before Christmas and got to open it first so I could take pictures of the kids opening their presents...
  • Art book - Has a lot of interesting experiments in there, hopefully I'll get some done over break because I doubt I'll have time for it next semester.
  • $50 Gift Card
  • Clothes
  • Memory Card for my Phone - Since I haven't had a Digital Camera until just now, I've been using my phone for all my pictures for over a year with no means to transfer them to a computer. Now my phone is full and I can move them to the memory card, one by one.
  • Donkey Kong Country - An early Christmas present from D00D64, which works right into...
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns - Number 2 on my wish list for games
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn - Number 1 on my wish list for games, I've wanted this since I played one of the earlier levels with a friend at the mall
  • Minecraft - An early Christmas present from JTE, this is something I've been after for a long time and never quite got around to getting
  • Okamiden - An early/late Christmas present from Prime, during a promotion which gave you a chibiterasu plush with the preorder for a limited time
  • Money - Enough to fill a few pressing, practical needs at least... I might also spend it on a few movies unless I can talk myself out of it

It is also a tradition of mine to spend a little money on myself for Christmas, and this year I did this early to take advantage of various sales and promotions. These games include Muramasa, Super Scribblenauts, and the second Humble Indie Bundle.

EDIT: Urm, I forgot. The family got a Kinect 360 with Netflix, 14 months subscription to Xbox Live, and a few games (the only one relevant to my interests being Sonic Free Riders).
The Kinect was seen as an upgrade to my Wii system (which I take with my to college for the greater part of the year anyway), and otherwise its something quite fit to my brother's tastes considering he's quite the FPS fan.

As for the Netflix, that's something I'm much more interested in, although I expected a much better selection and I'm extremely irritated at the lack of subtitles. We miss half the movie/show that way in our noisy home. All the same we've been using it to watch Psych and while our bandwidth takes a heavy beating, it appears to be worth it for now.
I also want to rewatch Princess and the Frog at some point and my sister wants to watch Anastasia, something I haven't seen in ages. Its also a possible way for my mom to finally get to see the uncut final Tennant special on Doctor Who without using the computer.

Last edited:
Uhhh... well... let's see here...

• A White DSi, since my DS Lite broke.
  • One of those Nerf cases for it.
  • Clothes.
  • More Clothes.
  • Sonic Colors for Wii.
  • A NOOKcolor.
  • A book-cover-thing for my NOOKcolor.
  • A sketching kit with A LOT of pencils.
  • A $20 GameStop gift card. (from a friend)
  • A bass guitar. (Yamaha, four string. It's blue and SHINY!)
I believe that's it. I probably missed something though.

actual pics or it didn't happen
Yeah, uh, pictures of a receipt aren't all that exciting. Scans at least give you details, and are a lot easier when it comes to censoring out personal information (like the last four digits of my debit card).

First, if its real, LUCKY~! Are those even out yet?
Second, IIRC, Nintendo announced those are almost 300$, not 50$. Don't make me laugh.
ITT: somebody doesn't know what "RESERVE" or "DEPOSIT" means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back