• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2TMM: Level Pack (In Development)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first picture, there's little bits of redwall in the corners.

I don't know how to fix that in opengl, it only shows up in that mode
In the second, the water looks too green (in contrast to the background), and should go out farther -- the way it just cuts off at the rocks looks ugly and unnatural. The the green texture near Sonic's left doesn't match the other textures on the tree.
Colormaps will fix the water issue right? And I don't get what you mean by extending the water, unless you mean push it back further.

Fix the redwall by filling in the textures where you see them display.

Extend the water by having it go farther out in the ocean. It should be obvious.
The color (I assume) is because of the colormap. The greenish color looks a bit unnatural (though using another flat altogether may change that).

Extend the water by having it go farther out in the ocean. It should be obvious.
The color (I assume) is because of the colormap. The greenish color looks a bit unnatural (though using another flat altogether may change that).

Alright I'll get onto fixing these things, but I'm not sure if I could make the colormap dark blue..

Alright I'll get onto fixing these things, but I'm not sure if I could make the colormap dark blue..

You should make it cyan not dark blue. Maybe a colourmap that goes like this:
#FFFF00J
I dunno, but that would be good. Maybe something lighter.

This is exactly why I want OpenGL disabled by default. I don't want people to feel forced to accommodate for that renderer's stupidity.

Well on my laptop software breaks. There is this white bar that splits the screen diagonally, and if I use "stretch on" in the console it crashes, so my only option is to use OpenGL or I can't play SRB2.

That water issue seems to have been worked out
srb20200.png

And I've finished another section
srb20201.png

I'm guessing I'll work a bit more on it today though.

It could also be a little less monotonous. The gray wall texture looks kinda plain on such large walls, and GFZROCK-like textures should have been forbidden long ago.

The gray wall texture looks kinda plain on such large walls.

Now that you mention it, it does kind of plain against a huge wall once you look at it enough.

I'm thinking I should either, make a custom texture for it so it doesn't look plain, or change it to something that will blend with other parts around it.

Not sure at this time.

EDIT: CSZ is now Diamond Shores Zone from this point forward

Last edited:
Is it just me, or on the latest picture you posted. Is there a blue stream/line in the top right-corner in the second screenshot?

Is it just me, or on the latest picture you posted. Is there a blue stream/line in the top right-corner in the second screenshot?
I also see that.... Maybe it would a good idea if that gets fixed?

EDIT: Also that may be an opening to the outside of the island or whatever it is.

Last edited:
daiches99 said:
Beta release any time soon?
I'm waiting until I finish the first zone and second zone for a small beta, I wouldn't expect anything big at the moment

Autosaver said:

Thats the path leading back to the open island area, the ceiling is lowered a bit to fit the area in that path

EDIT: New Images
(yes those are sth4 graphics, bite me)

tmmtitle.png

Cave Above waterfall
srb20004.png

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump/double post, but I have more stuff,
srb20011.png

srb20012.png

srb20009.png

But I like running through wide, open space! It gives me more of a sense of speed. It also makes it more (I did say MORE) like SADX/SA2B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back