• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for it to come but there is a few problems..

1.How are you going to get all those stars working, I do suggest you use emblems for the stars but how are you going to make it so there is more then one star in the levels..
2:How are the different caps going to work..
I think it should be
Flying- The Super Sonic thing in Nights mode or the jump shield but with unlimited jumps...
Metal- Water Shield for not dying in water as for being stuck to the ground no idea...
Invisible-No idea

Bouncey said:

1.How are you going to get all those stars working, I do suggest you use emblems for the stars but how are you going to make it so there is more then one star in the levels..
I think it should be
Flying- The Super Sonic thing in Nights mode or the jump shield but with unlimited jumps...
Metal- Water Shield for not dying in water as for being stuck to the ground no idea...
Invisible-No idea
Okay the stars are simple the will be basic chaos emeralds with a different skin. As for the capes unfortunatly the will not be appearing in this beta, but with come in a beta soon after.

They is alot more stars then chao emeralds and how are you going to do 125 (Or more) Missions with 7 chaos emeralds..

1. I don't think they're trying to make it exactly like it.

2. You do realise it's easily possible to put multiple emblems in a single level don't you?

Okay so I suppose some missions will be different from the original becase missions like the free chain chop mission won't work in SRB2..

I still think it should be emblems for the stars..

Bouncey said:
Okay so I suppose some missions will be different from the original becase missions like the free chain chop mission won't work in SRB2..

I still think it should be emblems for the stars..
Maybe the both could be as for the bob-omb level it will not be appearing in the beta release :cry: but many other things will such as three characters the replece the originals, at least three levels (one of which is CTF), new music, new enemies, and one badass yoshi act cleared sign (can be viewed on first post). Any other questions I'm happy to answer, I think that the public should know as much as possible before the beta release.

Hooray!
Emeralds are Emeralds!
Emblems are Emblems!

Two different rewards!
Two different challenges!

Isn't it simple?

Bouncy Wrote

I think it should be
Invisible-No idea

For invisibility: Couldn't you make a SOC that changes your colour to that of grey in CTF (where you're partly invisible) and make it so enemies ignore you?

Emblems as red coins and emeralds as stars seems right to me, besides, in mario 64 aren't there 7 stars for each world, and seeing there's always 7 chaos emeralds in sonic, that makes sense to me, even if there's only 6 stars in each world, I still think emeralds work better.

As for the probblem with having only 7 emeralds, for all the missions in each world, it doesn't really matter just have the emeralds the same for each world. Also (I'm not sure if you're going all the way with this wad) when you finish the final battle, the giant star you get can be the master emerald, makes a lot of sense to me.

Sciky said:
Emblems as red coins and emeralds as stars seems right to me, besides, in mario 64 aren't there 7 stars for each world, and seeing there's always 7 chaos emeralds in sonic, that makes sense to me, even if there's only 6 stars in each world, I still think emeralds work better.

As for the probblem with having only 7 emeralds, for all the missions in each world, it doesn't really matter just have the emeralds the same for each world. Also (I'm not sure if you're going all the way with this wad) when you finish the final battle, the giant star you get can be the master emerald, makes a lot of sense to me.
Yup, that's what I was trying to say.

Ok, from the top.

The emeralds are little things that turn Sonic into Hyper Sonic. They are extra. They will forever be extra. In SRB2, a reward is issued if the player finishes with all the emeralds. This reward can be changed with mods. Like the hundred coins star, the player can collect these without triggering a level exit.

As for stars, this is Super SONIC 64. Emblems are a good replacement. We can have multiple emblems on one stage without it being a big deal. Also, if possible, collecting an emblem should exit the level with the level exited to, say, MAP02 even on MAP04.
Sicky said:
(I'm not sure you're going all the way with this wad)
Mod. It's a mod. We have levels, multiple characters, enemy replacements. This isn't going to fit in one file.

BlueZero4 said:
Ok, from the top.

The emeralds are little things that turn Sonic into Hyper Sonic.
Sicky said:
(I'm not sure you're going all the way with this wad)
Mod. It's a mod. We have levels, multiple characters, enemy replacements. This isn't going to fit in one file.
Okay, emblems are Stars. Oh also is the CTF version of the valley done yet?

You know me, I like to finish projects before I start new ones.

Oh yes, in Prison Brake Zone, all three emerald hunt spawns are placed. YIPPEE!!

Shoot, I have an ELABORATE emerald hunt zone in the makings.

*coughPrisonBreakZonecough*

Although the publc at large probably won't buy it. SRB2 uses three emeralds to find, as well as using a radar. Not something SM64 had. However, I have no idea of software limitations, so I'm just waiting for an expert to comment on this. *coughDraykoncough*

What? You want me to tell you how to get rid of the radar?

Well, I don't play with the HUD much, but I think you could remove the icons with a SOC, or just replace the graphics used by them with S_DISS copies. As for the beeping, just replace it with a blank sound.

Actually, I was more asking about the fact of there only being three emeralds as compared to the eight red coins. Still, all input helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back