Chip's Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuxedoGlasses

Westwood Branch Zone; Act 1
Chip's Challenge

Chip's Challenge is a puzzle game where you collect keys, boots, computer chips, and then go through the socket to the exit.

The game has 149 levels, and is a top-down Sokoban-like tile-based puzzle game designed for several consoles, mainly the Atari Lynx (1989), early Windows operating systems (1992 and 1994), and Steam (2015).

Your obstacles are fire, water, force floors, ice, moving blocks, monsters, and other objects.

It gained a clone in 2002, a spiritual sequel in 2012, it's actual sequel, and a re-release in 2015.

Let's discuss about this obscure franchise.​

Huh, I had no idea there was a sequel/re-release etc.

Regardless, I played this a lot when I was a kid. It was pretty good! Even if I was terrible at it :V

I was addicted to this game as a kid! Some of the longer puzzles drove me nuts, especially the ones that involved pushing blocks into the water since it was so easy to mess that up and repeat the whole tedious ordeal. Definitely skipped several levels.

I also used the level editor an awful lot. Never realized the game was ever revisited or had a sequel. Some of the new features in the sequel looked kinda neat.

For some reason, this reminds me of a Sonic ROM hack named Jester's Challenge. It is a Sonic ROM hack with a maze-like level.

obscure? Windows entertainment pack disagrees. also I played the heck out of it when I was a kid, it also is one of the few games my mother would play. unfortunately the old windows 95 is gone, but I got one of the android knockoffs handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back