Full Christmas NiGHTS HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.S T.FAn102

Mr.S T.FAn102
Hello there. The XLA,PSN and PC remake of NiGHTS into dreams have the full Christmas NiGHTS. I only have played Spring Valley... But can you play as Reala and Sonic. Do you have to set the time like in the original Christmas NiGHTS? Also if you have downloaded the game, what you think about the remake? Do you think its better than Sonic adventure 2 or Jet Set Radio?

I'm not aware there was a HD remake of Nights, or rather even the Christmas version of the game. Providing us with a source would help. . .

Christmas NiGHTS in the HD port is lacking both Sonic into Dreams and Link attack. They did however redo the terrible naration for the cutscenes. There are more holiday events than the original game though. Try going to Mystic Forest before Halloween's over. There's some summer holiday in Japan where Claris and Elliot get swimsuits in Splash Garden, but I forgot the month and exact holiday date...

And the "Heritage collection" seem like really lazy ports to me. :/ NiGHTS's controls are now set in 8 directions instead of the full circle. I would say that SEGA got some major points for improving the graphics... but they didn't since NiGHTS looked like this in the PS2 (which had full circle controls.) SA2 is just SA2:Battle missing some key chao features due to the lack of GBA connectivity. (How do I get jewel chao?) I think it'd be cool if they ported the old Dreamcast DLC (extra kart maps and seasonal costumes) but there's no way SEGA'd do that. Don't know about JSR since I never had it on the Dreamcast. I think these three are SEGA's BEST games, but the ports themselves are just lazy. Try to get the PS2 version imported if you can and pick up an old copy of SA2B on the Gamecube. Those two are the best versions of these games.

Last edited:
Well JSR is a very good game (another reason to have a dreamcast). I know SA2 is SA2B because i have it, one of my problems in SA2B is that in the cutscenes is allways the Dreamcast model of the characters and in multyplayer too. The first time i seen NiGHTS HD i tought it was a remake ( the first one) because i didint know there was a ps2 version ( i wanna play as Sonic T.T). In my opinion, NiGHTS is the best of this collection because it have the extra stuff FREE! second JSR because is the only game that havent got a remake, thats why JSR is the REAL remake. SA2 well... I love that game. But i think that SEGA can make better graphics of the game and i agree with you in the extra DLC of dreamcast. SEGA dosent know that halloween and Christmas is coming?

My real problem with Sonic Adventure 2 is that it won't have online multiplayer like the Dreamcast version did.

My real problem with Sonic Adventure 2 is that it won't have online multiplayer like the Dreamcast version did.
What version of DC SA2 did you play? It's always been local-only. That they didn't add online multiplayer is a bit of a loss (might make the extra $3 addon worth it), but don't act like they removed it.

Wow Sonic adventure 2 have online multyplayer O.e. Well i never had internet connection in my dreamcast ( It stills alive :3 ). Even so i like the DLCs that have! Like Xmas, Halloween and phantasy online costumes. Too bad, I dont have a Game boy advance cable link, that means i cant get the maria theme u.u ( Im talking about SA2B).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back