• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[Kart]Nitro Island (Choose the routes that will be used!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latius

Hybrid Kart Mapper/Porter
As you may know if you've been on the IRC chat, I am making an island which I am planning to turn into 4 courses in SRB2Riders' Kart mode. However, I'm not so sure as to what the best routes would be, so I thought that it might be best to ask you guys to make the routes.

Here's how it's going to work. I have already decided the four types of track that will appear, and have therefore narrowed the possible routes for each track down. To show this, I've used my sketch of the island's roads, and coloured in the sections that could be used for each track. There are two colours to consider - the pale green sections are sections of the track which the route MUST go through (for example, the Beach track has to go through the Beach section of the Island) while the red sections are the routes which may or may not appear in the track. It is up to you guys to pick the route that the circuit takes. I recommend that you fill in the route you pick with the pale green, and place a white line where you want the start to be.

Once I have enough routes to choose from each track, I will transform the routes into actual tracks on the Island, and then allow you guys to try them out, and pick which one is best suited for the actual release.

Now, without further ado, here are the four track areas that you need to turn into actual circuits:

The City:
NitroIslandLayoutCityCourseSetch.png

The Beach:
NitroIslandLayoutBeachCourseSetch.png

The Fields/Highway:
NitroIslandLayoutFieldsCourseSetch.png

The Island Tour:
NitroIslandLayoutIslandCourseSetch.png

How the map currently looks in SRB2DB: (Just to show that it is being made)
NitroIslandSRB2DBlayout.png

(There is an alpha wad for the map at http://www.mediafire.com/?4ibxfdk9xs5tali - this was added on 24/11/2011)

Last edited:
How are we supposed to choose routes without having seen the track? If you're gonna let us do this, wait until the map is done and we can actually see what we're choosing.

How are we supposed to choose routes without having seen the track? If you're gonna let us do this, wait until the map is done and we can actually see what we're choosing.

The map is done enough for this.

But, if you really want to see the island as it is at this moment in time, just say so and I'll provide the WAD of it. But, as it's not ready for beta until the routes are picked, I won't be placing the WAD in this topic.

Use fancy linedef and sector effects to make it change depending on what the players in the map do. Competitive path changing.

Well, this could certainly be a cool idea. It reminds me of the Chao Race world from Sonic Adventure 2. I always loved that place.

As for tracks, why ask us? You're the creator of it, you're in a much better place to say what paths would make the best courses.

As for tracks, why ask us? You're the creator of it, you're in a much better place to say what paths would make the best courses.

True, I'm in the more better place to choose, but - and don't get me wrong with this - I may end up choosing the routes that you guys don't like. This is why I'm asking you first.

However, I will demonstrate some of my ideas that I currently have for the routes.

Prototype Fields/Highway route:
Route2.png

Prototype Beach route:
Route3.png

Prototype Grand Tour route:
Route4.png

Edit: These were made using an older version of the map.

Last edited:
Actual screenshots or the wad file itself would make choosing the route much easier.

Actual screenshots or the wad file itself would make choosing the route much easier.

Well, here's the current work in progress WAD. For the moment, it replaces Mario Circuit (as I've haven't yet gotten to making the proper level header yet, I need to have it replace one of the standard Kart tracks) and there is no start/finish line yet. However, it should give you guys an idea as to what may work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ibxfdk9xs5tali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back