• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

KOX3D'S CTF War *Battlefield*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoX3D

The Retired Guardian
Ok guys my map is done. You already know me so there is no point of introduction. Anyway. Since Tyrcity got popular i thought for myself to do a CTF map. Why CTF? CTF is popular with people who wants to make war between two sides. It is like war, but there wasn't any like CTF war maps on srb2. So i figured, why not make it?

Screenshots:
srb20000.png

RED TEAM CASTLE

srb20001l.png

BLUE TEAM SHIPS (middle one got blue flag on it)

srb20003g.png

REALLY IMPORTAINT (to visit red's base you need to jump to this pit that you can find on the castle celling)

srb20004k.png

You can go to this blank wall. It is the exit to outside. Use it to get out of red's base because it's the one way out of there...(There are 2 in that base)

srb20008.png

One of the rooms contain Red flag (Spawning chaos emerald in the back aswell)

srb20007.png

Like it or not, i will be hosting with this map maybe 2 weeks. It got very small download so you can get it on my server aswell.
Anyway i will give you download link. Have Fun =D

Moderator Notice:
Editing beta period expired, link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what you mean by battlefield. Blue base looks like a ship and red base a castle thats about to be attacked. Well the level looks good but you might want to check some of those rings again to make sure they're floating. Also you should add some decoration, I don't know maybe like bushes on land or seaweed in the water. CTF levels should have symmetry so that one side does not have an advantage against another. In this case I think that blue has a disadvantage against red, but thats how it looked to me I could be wrong. Anyways other than that the level is good.

Random item placement? Check. Non-floating rings? Check. Regular rings in the Red Base? Check. Horrible visuals? Check. Missing colormap in the water? Check. Extreme Red Team advantage because the Red Base can be camped and the Blue Base can't? Check. Evading releases? Check.

This post is a Spherallic ripoff, but eh...

Random item placement? Check. Non-floating rings? Check. Regular rings in the Red Base? Check. Horrible visuals? Check. Missing colormap in the water? Check. Extreme Red Team advantage because the Red Base can be camped and the Blue Base can't? Check. Evading releases? Check.

This post is a Spherallic ripoff, but eh...

1. some rings float but not near the pit
2. regular needs to be for player to know where red flag is
3. ok
4. i have that prob
5. Cmon it's a war. Ofcourse invaded team will have much smaller advantage than team who own the place. (Blue base can camp)

Btw if there is alot of people maximum time to win the level will be 20 min. That's what you call a battle, not just 4 min and you win.

But hey thanks anyway XD

1. some rings float but not near the pit
All rings should float. There should never be a ring that doesn't float.

2. regular needs to be for player to know where red flag is
Still, it kinda defeats the purpose of having team rings when there are normal rings in the base.

4. i have that prob
Do you mean the colormap or the visuals? Colormap is really easy to do, good visuals are harder.

5. Cmon it's a war. Ofcourse invaded team will have much smaller advantage than team who own the place. (Blue base can camp)
But if the advantage is so huge that the Blue Team has no chance, something must be wrong. Also, the Blue Team can technically camp, but it's much harder. The Red Team just needs to stand in the flag room and shoot a ring at everyone coming in, while the Blue Team has to snipe invaders, which is much harder to pull off.

Also, I don't wanna be too mean, I admit I had fun.

No CTF map should be unbalanced. I don't care what your intent is -- it's still an unfair match where one team is likely to win over the other.

No CTF map should be unbalanced. I don't care what your intent is -- it's still an unfair match where one team is likely to win over the other.

ok ok...But you need to play it first while judging. This is not a contest anyone. It was made for fun. If you think it's unfair because red's base bigger? You can think again. Actually blue team got more advantage than red team but red team got bigger deffences. Which means equal. And yes i agree with a fact that this ctf map is waay different than other ctf maps in srb2. Not just by design, but with gameplay aswell. If you don't like this type of gameplay then please step away from this wad.

I don't see the advantage of the blue team. They can hardly grab the other flag, and they can hardly defend their own base.

ok ok...But you need to play it first while judging. This is not a contest anyone. It was made for fun. If you think it's unfair because red's base bigger? You can think again. Actually blue team got more advantage than red team but red team got bigger deffences. Which means equal. And yes i agree with a fact that this ctf map is waay different than other ctf maps in srb2./quote]
You don't seem to understand that it's practically impossible to keep a fair CTF game if both sides are different.
Don't you think there's a reason why no successful maps do this? Use common sense. People aren't going to have fun in an unbalanced game.

Not just by design, but with gameplay aswell. If you don't like this type of gameplay then please step away from this wad.

lol

Don't you think there's a reason why no successful maps do this? Use common sense. People aren't going to have fun in an unbalanced game.
I must beg to differ. Despite the map being totally horrible, it actually was quite fun in netgames. Maybe with very careful balance, this could work out. Keyword careful.

The common idea is that a balanced game is better. While it's not necessarily always going to be that way (I haven't played the level with others so I can't comment on how that works), it's usually better to stick to fair grounds so competitive players can have a good match.

Sure, symmetrical maps are normally better, But I think with careful adjusting and finetuning, a non-symmetrical CTF map might be possible. This one doesn't do it right though.

This map needs a lot of work done to it.

The Flaws.

-Item placement, there are monitors scattered everywhere. Sure, you need a few ring monitors, but don't cram too many in the same or close enough space.

-Players can easily camp in the red base due to the fact that there are normal rings in there

-Horrible visuals, no scenery whatsoever except texture variation and it just looks....well bland. Chuck some scenery in there

-Some of your rings don't float

-Due to the level design, red team have a unfair advantage and blue team as the red base or castle can be camped and the random path splits can confuse players and blue team can't be camped. The current design you have could suit a single player level better

This map needs a lot of work done to it if it's going to reach it's potential.

Last edited:
You must be blind. Sure you played in CTF?

Ok, so I put it on the right gametype this time, but incase you didn't see this, even in CTF; you can still camp in the red team base as that base also has normal rings as well as red rings :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back