Indonesia hit by 6.4 Earthq-zzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I've having a pretty good time with Quakes.

DOHOHOHOHOHO

Seriously, though. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. No injuries reported, etc.

OH HO HO HO.... corny jokes rule. -_-
Edit: Just wait till the news reports this.. we'll get exaggerated numbers. :)

Lots of earthquakes in the TV news since Haiti. The usual hype and whatnot, you know, stuff that doesn't really belong in the news at all, really.

It's all fun and games until it happens to you.

Show some respect, guys. It may not be that big a deal, but you don't have to have such an apathetic attitude. The last thing we need is desensitization to natural disasters.

Last edited:
Sheesh, They're popping out quicker then moles now.

It's impossible to predict which area will be next.

You know something is wrong with a thread where you can't tell anymore who's being sarcastic and who's not...

Earthquakes happen. That's all there is to say.

It's all fun and games until it happens to you.

Show some respect, guys. It may not be that big a deal, but you don't have to have such an apathetic attitude. The last thing we need is desensitization to natural disasters.
I think this is more talking about media sensationalism of things that just shouldn't be talked about with a dramatic voice on television news reports.

Earthquakes can be a big deal. The thing is, most of them just aren't. Either they're too weak to do any damage or hit an area of the planet that's so sparsely populated that it won't be an issue. If a 9.0 hits Antarctica, it would be news but more for scientific curiosity than human suffering.

This is all funny when you think about the fact that Earthquakes happen every second around the world, even though most of them are so small nobody can feel them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back