God of War 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
OK, I'm going to be honest here. I don't have a PS3, and I don't know when/if I'll ever get one. However, this game is just so amazing that I'm going to make a topic on it, anyway. I've always loved these games, so I'll just have to be happy with spoiling myself until I can get a PS3.

If you've played the other games in the series, you know what to expect, only with a little more work done on the gameplay, to make pulling off more complicated combos easier. There's also a few new moves and weapons, like a shoulder charge, using enemies as battering rams, and the severed head of the sun god.

If you haven't played God of War, (unlikely, but possible) the closest thing to compare it to would be Ninja Gaiden/DMC/Bayonetta, although it's not nearly as complicated. It's got a pure focus on brutality and destruction, with no style meter to keep track of, no rankings to worry about, just pure murdering. And the occasional puzzle.

spzpex.gif

See this? That's not an FMV. That's in-engine.

The demo's out already, although it's an older E3 Build, and you could spring for the Pandora's Box Edition, which includes:

Exclusive Collectibles
• High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
• Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews

Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
• God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
• Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
• God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
• God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
• God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).
Now let's get some videos up in here.
(I was thinking about putting up a link to this game's sex scene, but I can't have you kids getting all corrupted, now, can I?)
5 minutes of random gameplay footage
A German review of the game, has a few spoilers.

It comes out on the 16th, and all the professional reviewers say it's pretty much amazing in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back